The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel
Hotel Lombardy(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$286
  • Restaurant
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
US$469
US$381
  • Room Service
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
US$550
  • Restaurant
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
US$395
US$330
  • Breakfast included
US$347
US$321
  • Pool
Phoenix Park Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$371
  • Restaurant
Sofitel Washington DC(Washington DC)
US$402
Official Website
US$498
US$413
  • Pool
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
US$440
US$385
2,433 results
All reviewsrural societywhite housenice hotelroom servicefew blocksmini barwithin walking distancecoffee makerhotel restaurantluxury hotelsight seeingnational mallking bedfitness centervalet parkingdupont circlemetro station
Reviewed 21 March 2011

Outstanding customer service even in the midst of the ongoing strike by a group of hotel employees. We personally were not affected by the strikers since our room was not on one of the sides that the strike took part. All the employees were very friendly, gracious and attentive to our needs. The hotel lounge was a great place to mingle, eat breakfast in the small restaurant and get ready for the day. The rooms were very comfortable. I would definitely return to this hotel when we go back to Washington DC.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Paolo_Pedrazzini, General Manager at The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at The Madison. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 20 March 2011

The Madison is a nice hotel with very friendly workers. We arrived in the afternoon and had to "cross the picket line". I had no problem with that since the workers assisted us in and were so nice. Unfortunately, the next day was horrible. At 7a.m. we heard a bullhorn with loud shouting "wake up". If I had known I would not have stayed out so late the night before with friends. I believe the bellman or reservation desk should have warned us of this. At 7:30 I went down to discuss the problem and we were later told it was on the letter in the room. It was not. After escaping to breakfast we arrived back at the hotel and tried to enter the side door which was locked. The protesters came at us with a bull horn shouting "shame on you" etc. It was very uncomfortable for my friends. It just made me angry. The hotel did give us an amount to go toward breakfast but I would have rather had someone told me I would be up by 7. It would have been nice if someone had opened the side door for us. I am all for first amendment rights and very compassionate about worker's rights but these "workers' made those with me uncomfortable. They were disrespectful and rude. We really never found out the problems they had we were just the victims of their protests. It was definitely eye-opening especially since our Constitution is just down the street.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank dthague
Paolo_Pedrazzini, General Manager at The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Hello,

We are sorry your stay was not perfect. The Madison is under new management, and is now a Hilton Hotel. We hope you visit us again.

Reviewed 19 March 2011

I recently stayed at The Madison with my husband and children (8 and 13 years). I made a reservation through SniqueAway to receive a reduced rate. When I made the reservation, I was not told of the labor dispute taking place at the hotel. They did not inform me about this afterwards either. This was the fault of SniqueAway, not The Madison.

When I called the night before check-in to confirm the reservation, I was told by a very nice employee (Adam) about the picketers. He let me know what we would be encountering upon arrival. This was very helpful, as we were able to prepare our children. It was a little disturbing to be heckled as we checked in, but the employees of the hotel more than make up for any inconveniences. Adam also told us that he would put us in a room at the back of the hotel so we would not hear the picketers.

The employee who checked us in was VERY helpful. (I think his name was Bill?) He not only let us check in early, he made sure we were in a room away from the street. He also let me know that the picketers circle the building when they arrive at 7 a.m. I was awakened each morning by the bullhorns and shouting, but they only stayed on the backside of the building for about 10 minutes. After that I was able to go back to sleep. Fortunately my children were able to sleep through this unscheduled wake-up call!

Also, important to know: there is a second entrance to the hotel through the office building next door. There are no picketers at this door. We chose to enter and exit through this door, so we only had to cross the line when we checked in and checked out.

The room we stayed in was nice size for a big city hotel room. It had 2 queen beds, a high-def tv and fairly large bathroom. The room was very clean and only showed slight signs of age. The gentleman who showed us to our room told me that I was able to use the mini-bar to store our personal food items. It was nice to be able to throw a bottle of water in the fridge and store a bottle of jelly for pb&j's. I was happy for the permission to use the fridge.

The Madison is in a great location. The metro station is just a few blocks down the street. There is a Caribou Coffee across the street and a Corner Bakery a couple of blocks away.

Despite the picketers, we had a wonderful stay at The Madison. The employees are going out of their way to be welcoming and helpful to the guests. I hope the labor dispute ends soon, so this lovely hotel can return to the peaceful oasis I am sure it was before the change in management.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank LPWtravels

Thank you for your review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay. We hope you will visit us again soon!

Reviewed 11 March 2011

The picket line out front is annoying, but hotel staff are very accommodating in response. At arrival (by cab), doormen quickly shielded us and got us in the hotel very comfortably. Staff were very nice and cheerfully and rapidly helped with small requests. I was up and out before the 7 AM wake-up calls. Facilities are very nice. The strike might offer an opportunity for bargain hunters.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 March 2011

Employees have been protesting outside the entrance using megaphones and drums 7-7 every day for a month. There is a union dispute and there is no clear end to the conflict. The remaining staff are bending over backwards to compensate for their disruption. Use you discretion. Call to ask before booking your stay.

• Stayed: March 2011