“Banquets / Catering”

The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel
Ranked #89 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 29 March 2012

The newly remodeled hotel is spectacular! I attended at 75 guest networkign function and it was first-class! The food was spectacular - Compliements to the chef!!

1  Thank Michael J
Write a ReviewReviews (2,348)

Reviewed 28 March 2012

I booked the newly remodelled Madison for 5 nights and totally enjoyed my stay. Accessible to the Metro at McPherson Square, so if you fly in via DCA it's only about 10 minutes to that station from the airport and then another 10 minute walk to the hotel.

Walk to the sights, which are all relatively close by. If you'd prefer, just hop on the DCA Connector ($1) or one of the double-decker tour buses. Or jump the Metro or city bus for a visit to Georgetown.

The hotel does have two restaurants and while I didn't make it to the Federalist, the menu looks quite interesting – Turtle soup? The slightly less formal Postscript serves all day, and I will say they served a GREAT hamburger. Mind you, it was $12, but compared to a similarly priced burger at a local brew pub it was way yummier and juicier. The lounge area is a small and sophisticated spot for a quiet cocktail.

If you're in town for a conference the Madison is about 1/2 mile from the center. Walkable along K Street without any difficulty.

There's a small gym on the second floor. My only suggestion here, would be that they have workout towels available in the gym area to wipe down the machines when you're done. I did actually grab one from the women's shower/sauna room, but unless you wander into that area you'd never know these are available. If you'd prefer to go for a run, just step out the front door and do as the locals do – run down to the National Mall for a jog between the Capital Building and the Lincoln Memorial.

All in all, I enjoyed my stay and would certainly stay at this location again if the price was right. I was able to get an Expedia discount rate due to ongoing reno work (during the day after 9 a.m.) so I assume the rate was a little lower than usual and certainly better than similar hotels. The Westin next door was much pricier.

Free in-room Wifi with a good connection, too.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank essmac
Reviewed 21 March 2012

My husband and I were guests at the Madison this past weekend in advance of attending a Supreme Court argument. The hotel is in terrific shape - newly renovated - extremely comfortable and modern, but not sterile feeling. Has the feel of some of the more traditional DC hotels but with modern conveniences - beautiful walk in shower, double sinks, huge flat screen TV, radio with ipod dock etc....We were greeted warmly and both the door staff and front desk staff went out of their ways to offer assistance. Room service breakfast was prompt and delicious. Although at first look the hotel seems a bit out of the way, one block brought us to the street leading straight to the White House. I would recommend and stay again.

1  Thank Aimeezing1NYC
Reviewed 21 March 2012

I stayed at the Madison on 3/19/12. It was centrally located to where I needed to be for business purposes, and also convenient for leisure travels that may be intersted in taking in sights. (It was close to the White House, Treasury Bldg, etc) The hotel is being renovated, but I so no unsightly renovations during my stay.. meaning, I didn't smell any paint, nothing was closed, etc.. I was given a newly renovated room on the 15th floor, with a brand new bathroom.

I did utilize the fitness center which was somewhat small, but had everything I needed (treadmills, eliptical trainer, free weights, etc..) They even provided water & cold towels to use after your workout.

There seemed to be a very nice restaurant and breakfast cafe, which I did not visit.

I would say for the price, it was a very nice comfortable stay.

1  Thank thezucca
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Visited Washington D.C. over Memorial Day weekend and stayed at the Madison. At check-in I told the front desk clerk that we were celebrating our anniversary. Later that evening the hotel sent up some complementary chocolate covered strawberries. What a nice surprise! When I made the reservation I made sure that parking was included with the room rate, however during checkout there was a high $/day parking fee. After a brief conversation with the manager, it was removed. I would recommend anyone staying here with a car to make sure they aware of any garage costs because it wasn't cheap if I would've had to pay.

Room Tip: If you have a car, ask what it costs to park it.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joe G
Reviewed 19 March 2012

From the moment I arrived at the hotel, I knew that I was at a Hotel of unparallel quality!! The Valet service was great! Ramon, helped me out of the car, and I don't mean just opening the door, but escorting you like a gentleman does with a lady. I had no worries of my car or bags. He even brought in my heels as I had my driving shoes on. I know right!

When I got to the front desk, they were all smiles and so pleasant to work with. They practically did a tour of the amenities right there as you checked in, which was great.

So now I get to the room.... Simply Elegant are the words to describe the hallways, the lobby and the room!! This hotel's premise is an incredible focus on green. It was so amazing the "green" materials used in the rooms, the soaps, linen, writing materials, the lighting, etc. How awesome!! The rate of the room pales in comparison to the rich quality of the room that you will experience compared to the other Hotel chains that charge ridiculous fees and doesn't have 1/10th of the service and quality of The Madison. The bed was so wonderful that I didn't even want to get up. The personal HANDWRITTEN note from the Hotel Manager was a wonderful touch. The turndown service and bottled water given to you at night put me over the top!!

I stayed for 3 days. My class wasn't over until 3 pm on a Friday. I came back at 12 to check out expecting to get my bags and car and fighting for somewhere to park in downtown DC, only to find out that it was NO issue, question, problems, hesitation, etc. for me to pick them up later after class!! I grabbed a bite to eat and reluctantly left the hotel. What a fantastic experience!

I will make sure that I attend my classes and seminars more often in DC so that I can continue to have the opportunity to stay at "The Madison"! It is an absolute phenominal ambassador for DC and will be the reason I visit again and again and again!

Room Tip: Ask for the city view! It's amazing!
1  Thank dlady767
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Great experience, friendly staff, renovated hotel. Only missing the shuttle service which would have been helpful. Restaurant should offer a Continental breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends