The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel
Hotel Lombardy(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$230
US$183
Hotels.com
US$267
  • Pool
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
US$211
US$201
  • Restaurant
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
US$321
US$284
US$200
US$166
Official Website
  • Restaurant
Phoenix Park Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$230
US$185
US$232
US$194
  • Bar/Lounge
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
US$280
US$251
  • Breakfast included
US$260
US$192
  • Pool
The Watergate Hotel Georgetown(Washington DC)
US$429
US$401
2,435 results
All reviewsrural societywhite housenice hotelroom servicefew blocksmini barwithin walking distancecoffee makerhotel restaurantluxury hotelsight seeingnational mallking bedfitness centervalet parkingdupont circlemetro station
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Stayed there for a work conference we had scheduled at this hotel and nothing but a good experience. Hotel just underwent a major remodeling and it looks it. Lobby, rooms, conference facilities were all top notch.

All the staff from the front desk, restaurant/bar, housekeeping to the catering and conference staff (ask for Alex), bellman, concierge, etc. were consistent in being professional, courteous and efficient.

I would describe the room decor (we had 2 queens) as a modern take on colonial and since we're in DC my wife and I liked that a lot. Since the property just underwent a major refurbishing everything looks beautiful. Carpet, furniture, flat screen, wall paper, pillows, comforter, etc. all higher end. Bathroom had a large modern open vanity and subway tile in a beautiful full glass shower surround large enough for 2+ with large towels. It was a joy every morning to get ready.

Property is about 4-5 blocks from the White House and then just beyond you can walk to the Washington Monument, WWII Memorial, new MLK memorial, Jefferson Memorial, etc. I've been to DC many times so feel comfortable walking but cabs are everywhere if you get tired. Cab ride to and from Reagan Nat'l was $22 including tip.

CVS about 2 blocks away to get sodas/candies, etc. along with a pizza/pasta place and Metro just a few blocks away too.

Had dinner first night in the bar which has nice seating and windows to the street. Service was good, prices about what you'd expect for a downtown DC hotel of this quality. My wife had a salad and I had burger and both were excellent. Bar is adjacent which was nice.

Being there with a conf. the hotel's catering was outstanding and then the last night we had room service. Gotta try their crab cake sandwich. Excellent!! Tomato soup is also really good. Room service staff was courteous in taking our order and we're up in the room in less than 35 minutes and we ordered at approximately 7p on a Tues. night. Person who delivered the food was very nice, asked if we were enjoying our staff, etc. I am rarely asked that so a nice touch.

All in all, would definitely go back and stay there.

Room Tip: some final construction is still going on (as of early April 2012) so be sure to ask where your room is in relation to that.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Sailguy
Paolo_Pedrazzini, General Manager at The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Thank you for your review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay. We hope you will visit us again soon!

Reviewed 9 April 2012

Booked the Madison through a "Luxury Link" auction so our package included breakfast and was very well priced. Check in was smooth and speedy, the woman who checked us in printed a letter with our package details, and we got two queen beds as requested (my mom and I went). The beds were firm and completely comfortable. Lots of pillows if you like that! Very quiet at night. The bathroom was spacious, plenty of counter space and fluffy towels. The water pressure was not enough for my taste, the shower was the "rainwater" type. Also the hot water seemed to only go up to a certain temp, perhaps to protect children, it was fine for a shower, but not a piping hot bath.

Breakfast was absolutely delicious. My mom had granola with fruit and yogurt, and I had the pumpkin waffles. All of the staff were very friendly.

We walked everywhere we wanted to go, but the Metro is not far. We really enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank vacationerBoston

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at The Madison. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 9 April 2012

I stayed at the Madison for 3 nights over Easter, having stayed there once before. My experience was excellent. My room on the 11th floor was comfortable, recently (tastefully and well) decorated, functional and clean. Strong wifi signal. Bathroom was on the small side but I was traveling alone and it wasn't a problem. The staff was friendly and professional. Had a very good breakfast in the dining room 2 mornings. All at a very reasonable rate. I would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 8 April 2012

Spent a couple of nights at the Madison Hotel at 15th & M Streets in DC over Easter weekend. A great location if you are conducting business in the business district though not much in a few block radius in terms of DC tourist spots or restaurants. Had a fine meal in the Hotel restaurant, The Federalist. Food was great and menu very interesting. I also liked the grab & go cafe off the more causal restaurant to the right of the lobby. Food was excellent (I am always in search of fresh berries and Greek yogurt (which is sometimes difficult to find) and they had a beautifully prepared rendition. The room was nicely decorated and the common areas looked newly renovated. The fitness center was "okay". I walked to Georgetown (2 miles) and met up with the wife and kids who cabbed it. Later in the day we all walked back from the Mall which was only about 7 blocks. I will stay at the Madison again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank arthiker

Reviewed 4 April 2012

I was in a group of 10 from Texas as with a large group it sometime is a chore to get things moving but not at The Madison. Mr. Brown, the Concerige what a Gem, everything we requested was made available no problem. Rooms was always serviced upon return my kind of service. Room Service on a silver tray,real style .Oh I can't forget Brittney The Bartender great service. I enjoyed the quiet atmosphere in the bar after a long day of touring the city and come in to a smile. And the Desk was outstanding with handling a small problem no bickering. Thanks.
Overall wonderful time.

Room Tip: 8th floor was some construction and water was off for a day but I wasn't there so no problem. We was notified of it before hand.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple