“Excellent hotel, 100% recommended”

The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel
Ranked #84 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 28 May 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights in April with my boyfriend. We arrive at the hotel at 3am but there was still someone to greet us, take the car, and check us in speedily. We booked this hotel pretty late through last minute.com, so weren't sure what to expect despite the impressive website, but we were not disappointed!
Reception and rooms are very luxurious, and staff are so nice and helpful!
My only disappointment was the excessive $50 per night parking charge, but this is to be expected in DC.
20 minute walk from the whitehouse, and a good Nandos restaurant nearby.
100% recommend this hotel, we really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: April 2012
GMMadison, Hotel Manager at The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2012

We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your 5 star review and we look forward to having you visit us again soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2012

Ok, this hotel is in a great location right by the metro stop. You can arrive at the Reagon airport and take the blue line almost to its door. It's also a short cab ride to George Town if you want to go there. The cab ride is about 6 bucks. However, the price of the hotel is outrageous if you order from Hotwire.com. I paid $315 for a one night stay when I could have booked directly through the hotel for $270. I will know next time won't I? In fact, I am finding that hotwire prices are not as cheap and affordable as they used to be. So, start off by checking with the hotel of your choice, first. Then move on to Hotwire, Kayak and the like.

All in all, the bedding was lux, the shower was hot enough and I splurged on the snacks from the room's bar because see-food has that way with me. I will save discipline for a business trip. This whole trip was just a splurge to see Dr. King on the National Mall and buy art work for my home. I found Dr. King. Was not successful in finding any art this time around.

Oh, yeah, the bar at the Madison is small and perfunctory. Nothing more. But did I say the bedding was lux and so it was wonderful sleep.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank TruthBlack
Reviewed 24 May 2012

This is a very nice motel with friendly, helpful staff, tasteful decor and comfortable accomodations.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 May 2012

We spent three nights at this wonderful hotel. Price was extemely fair (book through hotels.com). Bed was super, as were all the amenities. Tony the consierge, couldn't do enough to help us get around and make reservations for us. We took a night monument tour and I highly recommend it. Took a White House tour which I booked through my congressman. Visited the National Zoo and the Capitol. Highly recommend this establishment!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Debbie M
GMMadison, Hotel Manager at The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2012

Thank you for your 5 star review! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 21 May 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights and were very happy with the hotel. It had a great atmosphere with a boutique hotel feel and spacious rooms. The best was the location. We walked everywhere!! The white house, mall, Dupont circle, capital and u-street. Free wi-fi was good and always a plus. Also many restaurants and coffee places close by.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank drJ22

We're glad to hear you enjoyed the location and atmosphere of the hotel. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 21 May 2012

I have just returned from a week's stay at the hotel and found it to be a very comfortable stay. The room has 2 queen size beds and quite spacious. I was initially given a room on the 5th floor but could not access the free wi-fi. The hotel moved me up to the 14 th floor where i had no problems with access. There is wi-fi at the lobby too. There are 2 issues I had with the room. The very small cupboard for clothes, the height of the metal bar was not enough to hang my pants and there is limited space. The ironing board was kept within the cupboard as well. There is also an issue with the bathroom. There was no bath tub for this room,which was not an issue for me. The gradient of the shower area was too gentle and there was no ledge to stop the water from flowing to the vanity basin. So each time, the bath mats would be soaked. There is a coffee machine which serves a local brew, i cannot remember the name but the coffee shop is right across from the hotel and the coffee in the room is pretty good.

The location is good, less than 10 mins walk to the subway on 15th street and I street. The White House is also about 10 mins walk away. Pentagon City , a huge mall is about 15 mins ride away on the blue line and costs USD2.40 each way. If you take a cab, it's about USD12 each way. Taxi ride to the convention centre costs USD7. Supper shuttle ride from Dulles Airport was USD30 while the taxi ride back to the airport was USD 80.

Behind the hotel is 14th street and N (diagonally across from Washington Hotel), there is a row of restaurants, one of which was the Thai Tinic. Yes, it's a thai restaurant. Food is not authentic Thai as the spice level is much lower but still not too bad. The Federal Restaurant /Postcript within the hotel are not too bad and are good if you really dont want to walk further.

I would recommend this hotel for business and vacation.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank lspsl
Reviewed 19 May 2012

Stayed at the Madison for 4 nights. Check in was a breeze and the front desk staff was always helpful & friendly. The hotel is ideally located just a few blocks from the White House. Most major landwarks are either a walking or short driving distance away. The hotel has a small, but serviceable gem complete with shower, bathroom, etc. The gym is open 24 hours. The facilities are clean and well decorated. Free Wi-Fi is available as well. There is a restaurant and bar in the lobby. We did not try the restaurant but the bar was great. I do feel like the hotel is a bit overpriced but DC is an expensive place to live/stay. Overall, a very nice hotel. I would stay there again. The location cannot be beat.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family