The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel
US$503
US$458
The Watergate
  • Pool
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
US$343
US$303
  • Breakfast included
US$193
US$187
  • Pool
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
US$499
US$278
Agoda.com
US$355
US$265
Official Website
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$254
  • Pool
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
US$255
Hotelpower.com
2,405 results
All reviewsrural societywhite housenice hotelroom servicefew blocksmini barwithin walking distancecoffee makerhotel restaurantluxury hotelsight seeingnational mallking bedfitness centervalet parkingdupont circlemetro station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Good Hotel with good service and location. The problem is the park is for 45$ per night.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank ecleel
Paolo_Pedrazzini, General Manager at The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Thank you for your review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay. We hope you will visit us again soon!

Reviewed 3 June 2012

My stay was not perfect - nothing ever is - but an experience is not dictated by what goes wrong, but how it is resolved and handled. My overall stay was lovely.

The ONLY complaint I have is that (more embarrassing for the hotel than me) at check in, I was sent to an occupied room. Turns out the check in agent just wrote the number down wrong on my key packet. The bellman who took me up handled the situation perfectly, apologized immediately etc. The check in agent apologized and was very nice. The situation was rectified immediately.

Euwie the bellman was SO informative, courteous and helpful.
Tanya at the front desk tolerated my endless questions and fixed an issue with my bill swiftly.
Bismark at the desk was very kind and lovely.
Mo at the Postcript bar (and all the other servers) were attentive and provided excellent service.
Eric at the bar made me the best cocktail (went to my head a little too quickly!) and was very nice.

All the other employees whose names I did not catch excelled in service. The Madison has TONS of staff, which means they have someone there the instant you need something.

The doorpeople are with you immediately as you approach the door to exit or enter, asking if you need a cab etc, and will get one for you right away if you do (the cabs are always lined up right out front, so you'll always have one if you need).

The food at the Postscript was great. I recommend the tuna nachos. I did not try the Federalist so I cannot comment.

There is free wireless everywhere, which makes it easy to work in the lobby or bar etc.

Working at the Postscript bar and lounge is nice because of the floor-to-ceiling windows that afford light and some people-watching distraction.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank tlw_niki
GMMadison, Hotel Manager at The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2012

Thank you for the five star review! I'm sorry to hear about the mishap with your room, but very glad that it was resolved in a timely manner. I agree that the large windows and wireless in the lobby make it a great place to work. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 2 June 2012

The purpose of our visit was to welcome our son Jeremy, and his co-rider Wesley Barrientos to Washington DC as they completed their 100 day cross-country bicycle ride from Bakersfield, Calif. to Washington,DC for Veterans Awareness. This hotel was recommended by our travel agent, Lorna Young of Sierra West Travel in Porterville, California. It was an excellent choice.

It is located in the heart of the Downtown area. Easy access to all the Monuments, White House, Metro, and tours.

The rooms are verry comfortable, well maintained and the staff was great and very helpful and had knowledge of what is where! No question, I would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Clayshooter101

We are very glad to hear that your experience at The Madison was a pleasurable one. Memorial Day is a wonderful time to visit D.C. as there are so many activities and events to attend. Congratulations to your son on completing his cross-country bike ride and come visit us again soon!

Reviewed 1 June 2012

We stayed at the Madison over Memorial Day weekend. Overall, it is a great place with friendly staff and very clean, and modern rooms. We had a few glitches with our room but were quickly rectified. The Madison is close to all attractions and Metro. It is close to everything. Walked everywhere. Close to excellent restaurants. Highly recommend while visiting the DC! Gave a four star rating due to the glitches with our room. We paid for a room that the hotel could not provide due to painting of the balcony and were basically downgraded due to this. I would stay here again despite the inconvenience that occurred!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NewYorkGolden
GMMadison, Hotel Manager at The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2012

We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed the many nearby restaurants and attractions! We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced due to the painting of the balcony and we would like to offer you a complimentary upgrade for your next stay. I will be reaching out to you with my direct contact information shortly.

Reviewed 30 May 2012

Stayed 4 nights for a break during business trip and loved my room very much. The room size is just right and cozy, with a gorgious bathroom. Free Internet (unlike other hotels have additional Internet charge for $12.99/24 hours) and capsule coffee/tea machine made my stay even more enjoyable. The room rate is great, too.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank cjyc

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at The Madison. We hope to see you again soon!