“Fantastic, Clean Boutique Hotel in Central Location”

Loews Madison Hotel
Ranked #73 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Illinois
“Fantastic, Clean Boutique Hotel in Central Location”
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I live in DC, and stayed here during a "staycation" for my anniversary with my husband a few weekends ago. We had an absolutely wonderful stay and I highly recommend this hotel to visitors! We were upgraded to a suite upon arrival, which was a standard room plus a nice chair off to the side and a desk area. The room was beautiful, the bed and linens were very fresh and clean, and the bathroom was beautiful and CLEAN. (Nothing is worse than dirt or mildew in bathrooms!!) I just cannot stay enough about how clean and beautiful the rooms were -- it knocked my socks off!

The following morning, we checked out and had breakfast at PostScript, which was very nice -- light, bright, tables at windows, with a great cup of tea and nice, refreshing menu options!

For area visitors, this hotel is in Downtown DC, 3 blocks from the McPherson Square Metro (White House/VA exit), which is on the Orange and Blue line -- connecting you to the airport, Virginia, GWU, Smithsonian, Capitol Hill, and Eastern Market. You're also 5 blocks from the White House in a nice neighborhood with plenty of restaurants in the area, or within a fast cab or metro ride!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank illinitraveler714

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 June 2012

My family and I stayed here for Spring Break in April for 3 nights and it was very nice. Our room was spacious and nicely designed with comfortable beds and chairs. The bathroom was amazing and very modern and sophisticated. Our view however was not very nice, instead of a nice city street or courtyard we had a view of some alley and some taller buildings, so we kept the curtains closed. The lobby and service was great though. When we arrived on time our room was not ready so they gave us a seat in the lobby cafe and gave us a round of complimentary drinks and fries as we waited. The hotel was in one of the best city locations possible. Just blocks away from all the action in the city yet far enough that our room was quiet at night. We were three blocks away from the white house and Dupont Circle. There was a great cafe across the street called the Caribou Cafe that we used to get a quick breakfast to go with amazing croissents and apple strudels.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Tycho C
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 23 June 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the Madison two weekends ago while in Washington D.C. I have spent the better part of the last five months in D.C., mostly transiting between various hotels that were in the vicinity of my office. Though it isn't particularly far away, the Madison is NOT near my office, so it had never occurred to me to stay there.

I was in town with my significant other a few weekends ago and used Priceline to book a hotel in the area around the White House. I had just spent the week in the Capitol Hilton, so that will be my main frame for comparison; until I found the Madison my other favorite places to stay in D.C. were the Liaison Capitol Hill, the Hilton, and the Winn.

The room was decorated in a slightly busy but intriguing way - quirky, elegant furnishings that were the perfect place to relax after a busy day in and about D.C. A few things that stood out for me: wonderful linens, with a double-sheeted comforter. Air conditioning that kept the room at the perfect temperature (for my significant other, this means "arctic chill"). Two bathrobes in the closet. Keurig beverage maker in the room, with pods for coffee, decaf, and, wonder of wonders, green tea. There were ceramic mugs on the credenza. The wireless internet was fast and FREE (which amazed and delighted us-first time I've gotten free wireless without status of some sort at a 4* hotel).

Finally, there were real wine glasses (not the kind that your two year old can hurl at the floor and will bounce, but actual stemware) provided on the credenza. I have never, ever been to a hotel that supplied actual wine glasses (without calling down to room service) in the room, just the thick-stemmed heavy glass wine glasses that are barely good enough to drink two buck chuck out of.

We didn't see much of the staff, but they were polite and attentive when we did see them.

This is absolutely my new favorite hotel in Washington D.C. and I will stay here any chance I get.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BlueBear92
New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 June 2012

This was my first stay at THE MADISON in DC and I would give it 10 stars, if possible. The rooms, the food, the location, the service, down to every single request was amazing and accomplished with ease and grace. Gavin Philipp the Hotel Manager was very kind, as was Ms. Kaouthar Bouhaouala the most helpful Concierge/Guest Reception person, I have ever met.. Mr.Bismarck Asare who was at the front desk showed kindness, compassion and was very accomodating with any request. All of the Employees to the doorman, wait staff in the restaurants, housekeeping etc,. you could tell they loved and appreciated their jobs as well as the guests. They all had smiles on their faces constantly and were polite. I felt as though I was staying in the "Whitehouse". Everyone and everything was PERFECTION TO THE EXTREME. The Madison will always be my hotel in DC moving forward.

Room Tip: My room was beautiful and comfortable. The rooms that has two beds appeared like Queen Beds. The ro...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank r s
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 21 June 2012

This is a nice hotel in a nice area of town. I stayed for one week sunday thru Saturday just myself no spouse or kids for a business trip. Cab ride for one to union station was @$11.00. Regan national is approx $15 for one. Metro stop a few blocks. White house, monuments, museums are all walking distance easily. Capital building is more of a hike. Take a map if you aren't familiar with the DC street layout. Cornerstone cafe on M St. is a favorite for breakfast & lunch. Closes @4pm not sure about weekend hours. Restaurants in hotel are expensive but the food is delicious. Whole foods grocery (my second fave) is a few blocks and nice walk. Room was nicely decorated. Air conditioner worked very well. Ice has to be requested via room service but is free. I got ice within 10 minutes. An associate staying in a different room had to wait 45 minutes for ice to be delivered. Daily housekeeping service was not the fanciest I've experienced but was still good. Room highlights are a keurig coffeemaker, co bigelo brand complimentary toiletries, free wi-fi, lots of pillows. Would have liked the magnifying mirror to also have a regular non-magnified side. My room didnt have a bathtub. The glass shower with infinity drain was tastefully dine but no substitute for a bubble bath. Doormen very friendly. Never a problem getting a cab. Valet parking is offered @40 per day plus tax.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank TCS90
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I stayed at The Madison for a business trip in the month of May 2012. The interior of the hotel has the vibe of modernitity with a touch of traditional making you feel at ease as you walk in. The room I stayed in was a good size with a large comfortable bed. But the best part, was that I did not here my neighbors next door; this is a plus for a light sleeper like me. As for the customer service, every single staff I interacted with was professional and took extra stips when I needed assistance.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Armida1969
Spring Grove, Pa
Reviewed 18 June 2012

We stayed here the weekend of 6/15-6/17/2012 and we would definetely stay here again. The staff is wonderful, the room was a nice size, with comfortable beds and a spotless bathroom. We didn't hear our neighbors and the valet was quick to return our car at check out. We would definetely stay here again and HIGHLY recommend you do too!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank city2country
GMMadison, Hotel Manager at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2012
June is a wonderful time to visit Washington D.C. and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us! On your next trip, be sure to stop in for breakfast or lunch at PostScript - we have recently added some new seasonal menu items that you and your family are sure to enjoy. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon.