I had to travel to DC for business at short notice and my admin assistant booked this hotel as it was the best priced and close to where my meeting was to be held. I was not sure what to expect as I'm more used to using national hotel chains, but was pleasantly surprised. The service was excellent, the room very clean, the staff very friendly and check-in/check-out was quick and efficient. They even upgraded me to a suite for the same price without any request on my part. So, my review of the room is based on a suite.
The suite was clean and comfortable with a king size bed with a very comfortable matress. It appeared that the hotel was renovated not too long ago as the suite had a new look to it. The bedroom was spacious with a desk and sitting chair. The bathroom was very spacious as well and had a very nice and comfortable shower as well as two sinks. All amenities needed were present including a scale. The living room and dining area was separated from the bedroom by a door. There was a nice couch and table for 4 which made working in the room very convenient and allowed our team to meet.
A definite plus was the free wifi. Finally a hotel that caters to the business traveler. We had dinner in the hotel restaurant and breakfast in the breakfast room. Both were good and reasonably priced for DC. The only negative was the parking. It was rather high in price according to some of my fellow travelers and they were somewhat slow to retrieve the car upon our departure. The tax ride from National Airport to the hotel was only $13, including tip.
Overall, I was very satisfied with my stay at this hotel and will definitely put this hotel on my list of preferred hotels for DC.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Become a part of history when you stay at Loews Madison Hotel. Located in the heart of downtown Washington D.C., our hotel has been honored to host distinguished guests including Elizabeth Taylor and John F. Kennedy. Our unmatched dedication to service has made us the first choice for political and social leaders, global travelers and families seeking the cultural legacy of our nation's capital. Only a short stroll from the White House, Embassy Row, and National Mall Monuments, Loews Madison Hotel is a refreshing destination for corporate stays, relaxing getaways and unforgettable gatherings. Appointed with sophisticated furnishings, our Washington, D.C. hotel features a collection of rooms and suites with amenities fit for a president. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo and TravelUp so you can book your Loews Madison Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Madison Hotel Washington Dc
- Madison Washington Dc
- Madison Hotel Washington Dc