“Great hotel for the business traveler” 5 of 5 bubbles

Loews Madison Hotel
Ranked #76 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersBronze level
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great hotel for the business traveler”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2012

I had to travel to DC for business at short notice and my admin assistant booked this hotel as it was the best priced and close to where my meeting was to be held. I was not sure what to expect as I'm more used to using national hotel chains, but was pleasantly surprised. The service was excellent, the room very clean, the staff very friendly and check-in/check-out was quick and efficient. They even upgraded me to a suite for the same price without any request on my part. So, my review of the room is based on a suite.
The suite was clean and comfortable with a king size bed with a very comfortable matress. It appeared that the hotel was renovated not too long ago as the suite had a new look to it. The bedroom was spacious with a desk and sitting chair. The bathroom was very spacious as well and had a very nice and comfortable shower as well as two sinks. All amenities needed were present including a scale. The living room and dining area was separated from the bedroom by a door. There was a nice couch and table for 4 which made working in the room very convenient and allowed our team to meet.
A definite plus was the free wifi. Finally a hotel that caters to the business traveler. We had dinner in the hotel restaurant and breakfast in the breakfast room. Both were good and reasonably priced for DC. The only negative was the parking. It was rather high in price according to some of my fellow travelers and they were somewhat slow to retrieve the car upon our departure. The tax ride from National Airport to the hotel was only $13, including tip.
Overall, I was very satisfied with my stay at this hotel and will definitely put this hotel on my list of preferred hotels for DC.

Room Tip: The suites are definitely more spacious than the rooms. If possible get a suite.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Ed M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (385)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Houston, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

We recently stayed there for 3 nights on a family trip. The rooms were small but comfortable. We had a room with two queen beds and there was just enough room left over for us to walk around. The bathroom was also small but well appointed. The chairs in the room were leather, which was a nice touch. The service we received was generally good and friendly. Parking was expensive but on par with the other hotels in the city. They had a nice restaurant and we had a great breakfast every morning that was included in our package. We were happy with out experience and would return again.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank KML3717
USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012

I had a reservation. The madison hotel purposely gave away my room and did not compensate me. sent me to the university club. The club was pleasant but my point is simply what hotel does this to their guests? Shame on you Madison for treating your guests so badly and for not caring. I cannot recommend this hotel to you after my experience.

Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank worldlycat
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012

I stayed at the Madison for 3 nights for a conference. It's not where I usually stay when I'm in DC but I was pleasantly surprised. It's a big business hotel which usually means that it's sprawling and impersonal but the Madison was especially welcoming with a nice lobby, busy bar and comfortable rooms. The staff was friendly and helpful in suggesting local restaurants and providing directions. I had breakfast at the hotel and the food was good but the service was a bit bumpy. The conference facialities were not the most modern/refreshed but served the purpose just fine. My room rate was a negotatied rate for the conference and was especially reasonable given the location and level of service.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that doesn't face the street as there is a lot construction in the area (that...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

Stayed 4 nights at this lovely small boutique hotel. The staff were exceptionally welcoming and helpful. The hotel is within walking distance to most must see sights or a short walk to the metro station. Wonderful time in DC overall!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank KEMCanada
, Hotel Manager at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 5 July 2012
We are glad to hear that our staff was welcoming and attentive. Many of our staff members have been a part of The Madison's team for decades -- they are experts at providing superior customer service and know the hotel, our guests and the D.C. area better than anyone we know! We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Sudbury, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

My son and I stayed here for 6 nights. We had a fabulous experience at The Madison. The service was excellent and the staff was friendly and helpful and very professional. There were some minor glitches during our stay but were addressed promptly. We had only intermittent access to the wifi in our room but were moved to another room immediately and given a dinner for 2 in the Postscript restaurant to compensate for the inconvenience. The rooms were beautifully appointed. The staff, in particular Lewis at the front desk, Beth, the manager , and Tony and Innocent the concierges made our stay very enjoyable.The location is great, only a 15 minute walk to Dupont Circle and The White House, and there are many restaurants within walking distance. I highly recommend this hotel and look forward to returning there in the fall.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank MandM703
, Hotel Manager at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 5 July 2012
Thank you for your review! While planning your trip for the fall, be sure to look out for our upcoming fall specials & packages, and stop by PostScript to sample Executive Chef Tim Recher's seasonal menu additions. We look forward to welcoming you back in the coming months!
washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2012

moved rooms a few times as we were here for several days. We were given handicap room..that was uncomfortable. The front desk easily fixed this.. the free wifi and use of the gym is appreciated,,Great customer service. and the location make for an easy stay. Beds a bit stiff, but loved the decor and great air conditioning...any concerns here are easily resolved by a great staff..

Room Tip: Interior courtyard a bit dark..and unsightly..other great rooms avaiable
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business