Believe it or not, this was the lowest priced hotel I managed to find near the heart of DC that was at least 3 stars. Reading reviews, I knew it was going to be a good hotel, and once I managed to find a deal on the price, I jumped on it. I'm pretty sure I got the best deal ever.
This hotel is much higher in grade than I usually stay in, although the vast majority of my hotel time is for business and thus basic...but this place was fantastic. While at the hotel, not one person ever said the word "no" to me, and even when faced with a fairly negative situation (we had a travel issue, not due to the Madison, that prevented us from going to where we wanted to go), they managed to both soothe me and try to find a solution. I know I am a picky person, but they satisfied every request. As an example, at 11pm at night, on a Sunday, my wife decided we needed a fridge. I could have had one at check in, but she didn't want one. I asked the desk staff, who said they'd see what they could do. 15 minutes later, the fridge showed up. Who has a maintenance man on hand at that crazy hour of the night? The Madison does.
Our room was clean and fresh smelling every day, which was a great boon to the neat-freak wife, and we had housekeeping check on us several times a day when we were hanging out in the room (and didn't have the DND sign up) to offer us water, coffee, or simply ask if we needed anything. What else to praise? The concierge I dealt with (Tony) several times was not only incredibly knowledgeable of places to visit for a variery of different interests, but very patient in explaining how to get to places which helped greatly. We ate at the attached restaurant, Postscript, several times, usually waited on by Mohammed, and he treated us as if we were the only guests there. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to my family for a second. Despite the wife's general unhappyness with a history-packed vacation (for the kids), she absolutely loved this hotel.
The only issue I had with this hotel was that whomever answers their phones seemed to be angry both times I called. I never saw a person at the desk answer the phone, so this might be located elsewhere. I'd recommend booking it online and never calling.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Become a part of history when you stay at Loews Madison Hotel. Located in the heart of downtown Washington D.C., our hotel has been honored to host distinguished guests including Elizabeth Taylor and John F. Kennedy. Our unmatched dedication to service has made us the first choice for political and social leaders, global travelers and families seeking the cultural legacy of our nation's capital. Only a short stroll from the White House, Embassy Row, and National Mall Monuments, Loews Madison Hotel is a refreshing destination for corporate stays, relaxing getaways and unforgettable gatherings. Appointed with sophisticated furnishings, our Washington, D.C. hotel features a collection of rooms and suites with amenities fit for a president. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda and TravelUp so you can book your Loews Madison Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Madison Hotel Washington Dc
- Madison Washington Dc
- Madison Hotel Washington Dc