I thought this hotel was pretty good for the money. Pros and cons:
-it is reasonably priced for the area
-always taxis outside
-the rooms were nice and modern
-the rooms were more spacious than I thought they would be!
-complimentary wifi and it had really good signal
-it's not very close to a subway. Farragut North (red line) and McPherson Square (blue and orange lines) are the closest, but both are at least 4 or 5 blocks. Coming from the airport via subway I thought would be no big deal but it was not easy once we realized how far the hotel was from the subway and we had our luggage with us, definitely take a taxi!
-Room service is $$$$. We got 2 burgers and 2 sodas for $50!
-a few problems with the staff. We paid for our hotel when we booked it (and we booked it through The Madison, not a third party). When we arrived and gave them our credit card for incidentals the lady at the front desk tried to charge it for incidentals plus the entire stay! We had to explain to her we had prepaid and then she saw it on the screen. They should definitely look for that enforce charging us!
-upon leaving the guy at the front desk this time also tried to charge us for the stay (he actually asked us the price we had been quoted so he could charge us). We told him that we had prepaid and he immediately responded that he saw it. Why are they not looking to this before charging us???
-business center not only charges you for prints, but it also charges you for using the computer! I've never had a hotel charge for that before, and it was a $5 minimum.
-we paid extra for a city view which ended up just being an office building. Definitely don't feel like we got our money's worth there!
Overall our stay was nice, but i wish they would do away with the charges in the business center and train their staff better!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Become a part of history when you stay at Loews Madison Hotel. Located in the heart of downtown Washington D.C., our hotel has been honored to host distinguished guests including Elizabeth Taylor and John F. Kennedy. Our unmatched dedication to service has made us the first choice for political and social leaders, global travelers and families seeking the cultural legacy of our nation's capital. Only a short stroll from the White House, Embassy Row, and National Mall Monuments, Loews Madison Hotel is a refreshing destination for corporate stays, relaxing getaways and unforgettable gatherings. Appointed with sophisticated furnishings, our Washington, D.C. hotel features a collection of rooms and suites with amenities fit for a president. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Loews Madison Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Madison Hotel Washington Dc
- Madison Washington Dc
- Madison Hotel Washington Dc