“Wonderful place to stay in great location.”

The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel
Ranked #87 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 10 March 2013

This hotel is beautiful! The room was very clean and comfortable and did not show any signs of wear or overuse--in fact, all seemed entirely brand new. The lobby and meeting rooms were also lovely. The staff is outstanding: very friendly and accomodating, from the doormen to reception to the wait staff at our meeting dinner and lunch. The location is great: an easy walk to the White House and then on to the other sites. I woud definitely stay here again!

1  Thank profed
Write a ReviewReviews (2,374)

Reviewed 9 March 2013

I stayed for 4 nights. The bed was Very comfortable the bathroom clean with a good shower and nice amenities ( no shower cap which was annoying). I thought the room when I arrived which was traditional in its decoration was elegant but after 4 days found it a little dark and depressing. I think this was due to the dark furniture and grey walls. That aside it was a relatively spacious room. The room service breakfast and dinners I had were good but Luke warm by the time I received it. I also once the fog of jet lag lifted had breakfast downstairs and that was good. I ate at The Federalist for lunch and dinner and both were good and the staff very friendly. I would recommend eating there. The location was good within walking distance to most things. The front desk staff and concierge were efficient but not that welcoming. However in their defence it was busy. I had a reasonably quiet room although on the Saturday night the people above me were really noisy but fortunately early in the evening rather than later. This was not the most fabulous hotel I have stayed at but it was good and comfortable and that is all you need really!

1  Thank sandymacc
Reviewed 8 March 2013

Stayed for three nights, the last one was against my will due to the "snow" storm that did not happen. Excellent service all the way around, comfortable and luxurious room. Had four meals at the Federalist (restaurant in hotel) and all four of them were excellent, and I would make the Federalist a "go to" restaurant on its own.

Reviewed 7 March 2013

Nice, comfortable, and elegantly decorated room. Great service and smiles from everyone we encountered.

Location was excellent.

One problem was that it seems the ceiling of the room is so thin I could hear my upstairs neighbor sneezing and I swear I could understand his entire morning conversations over the phone.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2013

My wife and 16 year old daughter went to DC for a few days on February vacation, and I had searched for a hotel near the key sights that had a seperate sleeping space for my daughter without having to rent 2 rooms. The Madison has suites available for a reasonable price which were very nice. The hotel is also walking distance the White House and a short walk to the Metro to get you everywhere else. Also lots of good restaurants nearbye - including the hotel restaurant. Excellent service from all the staff, and great help from the concierge. Very comfortable and clean room. We very much enjoyed the experience.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Brian O
Reviewed 4 March 2013

The staff was most accommodating and helpful, with the exception of the Concierge on Wednesday evening. She was too involved in her own telephone conversation to help the guests. The Concierge on Friday morning was very helpful and very friendly and seemed to be able to take care of the phone and the guests very well. I was there from Sunday February 24 to March 1.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
GMMadison, General Manager at The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2013

We regret to hear that your first encounter with our concierge did not live up to the high service standards we strive to provide. We are, however, delighted that you found our staff to be attentive and helpful during the remainder of your trip. We thank you for your feedback as it will allow us to continue improving our establishment. We look forward to seeing you again upon your return to the area!

Warm regards,
Sherry Abedi

Reviewed 4 March 2013

We booked this hotel through Hotwire and like other Hotwire experiences we were quite pleased.

The initial positive impressions (friendly doorman, polite desk help and bell man) carried through our stay.

Possibly because of the Hotwire rate we were given a room with no view, something that didn't matter to us since we were in DC to see the city, not to sit in a hotel room.

Our room was very nice: Excellent furnishings from furniture, to linens to towels and bathroom soaps. A Keuig coffee brewer was an unexpected treat (although I prefer Starbucks instant over Keuig K-cups) as was the I-home radio/docking station.

This is was one of the quietest hotels I've stayed in... I was never awakened by street or neighbor noise, something quite uncommon.

We didn't use the hotel restaurants, but they looked as if experiences there would equal the lodging experience.

A minor consideration: There aren't many restaurants in this neighborhood, something that might matter to you.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple