“Excellent Stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Kissimmee, FL
“Excellent Stay”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

On the third floor and I slept like a log. The bed was super comfortable, the room very clean, the amenities rocked. The exercise room looks over a busy street to keep your mind off of the "burn" and they have a sauna in the fitness center showers. PostScript was delicious - I had breakfast and drinks there. Plus Room Service - very efficient, accurate and friendly. Staff was friendly without being pushy. Great experience overall.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

GMLoews, Director of Rooms at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear TiffaStar,
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us, and I’m very happy it was an excellent one! Thank you for the positive notes about our rooms, beds and amenities – we always want a supremely comfortable stay for our guests. I’m glad you enjoyed the fitness room and sauna too. I can’t wait to share your feedback with the PostScript and am so happy you enjoyed the restaurant. We appreciate you choosing Loews Madison and hope to welcome you back anytime your travels bring you to Washington, DC.

Justin Adam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Been going there for some years now and only consider it first in the city. Quiet, professional but good for relaxation, convenient, good value for price and attentive to my needs. From the doorman who always remembers my name upon the arrival of my car or cab no matter if it has been several months to attentive staff at the desk and the concierge ... all staff are professional yet attentive. I believe they work to care about my hotel experience. Hotel is not so big and impersonal as so many of the others but big enough to offer services in a great city location.

This is the DC hotel for me for a number of years now.

Room Tip: Corner room or view along M street.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Jonwal
GMLoews, General Manager at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear Jonwal,
First, we are so appreciative of your loyalty to Loews Madison Hotel. Thank you very much for taking the time to provide this feedback via TripAdvisor. I’m so happy to know our staff’s personalized and attentive service has made a strong impression on you and conveyed that we do truly care about your experience while you are choosing to spend time at Loews Madison. Our doorman Romeo, is likely who you are referencing, is a gem and an outstanding example of the level of care our team members strive to demonstrate with each guest. It’s also great to hear you mark our overall environment, value and convenient location in the heart of the city as reasons we are your premier choice when staying in DC. If you are not yet a Loews YouFirst member, I encourage you to check out the program. We very much look forward to welcoming you in our doors for years to come. Thanks again for choosing Loews Madison Hotel.

Cheraz Ecker
Mechanicsville, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I stayed two nights for a business conference and was pleasantly surprised. It is right off the interstate, so if you are like me, and hate to drive around in DC, the location was perfect. Everything seems to be within a few walking blocks. It's about 5 blocks behind the White House. The staff were very nice and accommodating. Parking was a breeze, as they provide valley parking services right at the front door of the hotel. Their restaurant in their lobby is much larger than it appears and they have little mini bars around, although I'm not sure when they are open. In the evenings, there were several people at the bar. The lobby is extremely nice. The rooms are also nice. I had an interior view room. It received plenty of light, however, you are looking right into office building windows, so I usually kept the drapes pulled tight. The beds were extremely comfortable, although the pillows were a tad flat for my personal taste. The bathroom has the extended shower curtain, so there is plenty of room in there, especially for someone tall like me who often has to duck under the showerhead. There was plenty of space above my head which was nice. Ventilation in the bathroom was a little week, so there was fog and excessive moisture all over the mirror and walls. A few minutes with the door open and hair dryer running cleared it right up. Room safe was large enough to store a medium size purse with room to spare. The mini bar and snacks were well supplied. Overall, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
GMLoews, Director of Rooms at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear Jennifer N,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. I’m so glad you enjoyed your time here during the business conference, and that your overall impression definitely makes you want to stay with us again! Thank you for offering such great detail with the TripAdvisor community, from our great location within walking distance to the White House and other attractions, to our lobby, extremely comfortable beds and convenient valet service. It’s great to know you enjoyed our amenities and found our staff to be very accommodating and friendly. We would love for the chance to welcome you back to Loews Madison anytime your business or personal travels bring you to DC.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 26 November 2013

This reasonably priced hotel is centrally located and convenient to the tourist activities that dominated our stay. The room was comfortable, but the main draw for me - and the reason I will return -- was the friendly and extremely helpful staff. I was impressed with everyone from the doorman that greeted us through the desk clerk who checked us in and the bellman who helped us to our room.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sean G
GMLoews, Director of Rooms at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear Sean G,
Thank you so much for reviewing your stay. I’m very excited to hear that our staff and service will be the reason you will choose Loews Madison again for future stays. We could hardly ask for a better compliment! Our team is dedicated to providing superior service in a friendly, comfortable environment, and I’m so happy you recognized this. I look forward to sharing it with the many team members you interacted with. Thanks also for noting our convenient location – we are fortunate to be so centrally located in the city. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Loews Madison anytime your travels bring you to DC.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Comfortable luxury is how I would describe my stay. Friendly staff, excellent service without being too stuffy. Rooms were beautifully decorated and the bathrooms small, yet spacious. Housekeeping was fantastic and the meals I ate (Room Service and Post Script) were delicious! Looking forward to staying here again on my next trip to DC!

1 Thank TheRoad2Nowhere
Dear TheRoad2Nowhere,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay! I’m so happy you enjoyed it, and experienced the comfort and luxury we work to provide for every guest’s stay. It is wonderful hearing you found our staff friendly and the service top notch. They are a dedicated team, and we’re certainly proud to hear your recognition of them! I’m also glad the food and décor were such enjoyable parts of your stay. Thank you for choosing Loews Madison, and we can’t wait to welcome you back when you’re in DC!

Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Great choice for business or pleasure. Super friendly staff. They let me use the gym to freshen before travel as I had no room any more. Stylish and delicious a la carte breakfast. Impeccable in all ways.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
GMLoews, Director of Rooms at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
Dear PekkaBrussels,

Thank you very much for reviewing your stay. I’m so happy you enjoyed our hotel all around, and found us to be impeccable. Thank you for commenting on our friendly staff – they’ll be excited to know they are recognized. Our staff at PostScript restaurant will also enjoy your remarks! Thanks again for sharing, and for choosing Loews Madison Hotel. We hope to welcome you back again.

Peachtree City, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Service with a smile, conceirge with time to help plan a delightful day for the kids, a restaurant that was full of kid friendly wait staff and menu for every meal, and pleasant stylish rooms with wonderfully comfy beds. We were there for only one night and had the room reserved for us by the Loew's Annapolis where we were staying for several days which was also a wonderful experience. The reservation center for Loew's hotel's is wonderful. We had a wonderful sales rep named Nicholas who straightened out the reservations I had made directly with the hotel in Annapolis. From that point on things were as smooth as silk and fun! The Loew's Annapolis was wonderfully convenient to our activities, service was great, breakfast was delicious, even the kids loved it especially the buffets. The price of our rooms varied due to size and dates but very reasonable. Loew's will be my first choice next trip.

Room Tip: ask for what you want or need
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
GMLoews, Social Media Manager at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear Sally G,
What a happy experience to hear about! Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stays with Loews, and we are thrilled you enjoyed your experience so much. Thank you for recognizing our team members and our commitment to friendly, superior service. I’m very glad you enjoyed the décor and comfort of our rooms, as well as the menu at PostScript restaurant. Our concierge are definitely excited to help and very knowledgeable about the city! It’s also wonderful to hear you enjoyed our sister property, the Loews Annapolis Hotel in Maryland. Nicholas is wonderful member of the Annapolis team, and I’ll be glad to share your feedback with our Loews colleagues there. Thank you for choosing Loews Madison, and we very much look forward to welcoming you back anytime you’re in DC. Be sure to check out our YouFirst program too, for any future Loews Hotels stays!

All the best,