The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel
Ranked #81 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 12 December 2013

This hotel is utterly AMAZING! From the time we arrived to we left-just amazing. Customer service is outstanding. We had two rooms, king size and two queens and each one of us, enjoyed ourselves. Sylia at the front desk-was SPECTACULAR. Ensuring my Mom and Aunt enjoyed their stay and everything was perfect for the two of them. We tried another hotel, last visit and regretted the entire stay. This hotel is sophisticated-yet not stuffy. The staff from managers to housekeepers all make you feel welcome and at home.

Room Tip: We had the king on the 5th floor. Wonderful.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
GMLoews, Director of Rooms at The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Dear Doslocosguyspvrmx,
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us, and I’m so happy to hear it was amazing from start to finish- and sophisticated, yet not stuffy! I’m very glad your Mom and Aunt had just the experience you were looking for. Outstanding customer service is always a priority for every member of our team, and I’m delighted this was evident to you from the front desk to housekeeping to management staff. Sylvia will definitely hear your positive comments, so thank you for highlighting her service. We would be so glad for the chance to make you feel welcome and at home anytime you travel to DC. Thank you for choosing to spend time with Loews Madison Hotel.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I booked at the Loews for a short trip in October. I specifically chose here because it had free cancellation providing you contact them a day before. As expected, my trip got moved so I notified them more than 24 hours ahead of my visit that I needed to cancel the booking.

What the Hotel did was not to cancel my booking at all. They charged my credit card with the full cost of my stay. I emailed them a few days later to complain and they promised to correct their mistake. However when I checked my statement, they had not cancelled the transaction, they had refunded it. Because I paid with a UK credit card, the amount I got back was less than the amount I was charged (the card applies different rates for receiving and paying in foreign currency), together with an additional foreign transaction charge. I complained again and over about six or seven emails pursued the Loews staff over the fact that I was out of pocket. But to no avail. They seem to think it is a credit card problem. But it isn't. If they had not charged my card in the first place, or subsequently cancelled the charge rather than refunding it, there wouldn't be an issue.
I'm £20 out of pocket. Is that the end of the world to me financially. Fortunately, it's not. But if this is how they treat their customers when they make a mistake, I'd rather not risk the experience of staying in their hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for reaching out to us at the property, Mr. Carter. We are so sorry to hear about the challenges you have had in reference to billing, but we appreciate you getting in touch with us so that we could expedite a resolution for you. It was a pleasure speaking with you today on the phone and learning that past experiences at Loews have been positive for you. We are delighted to hear that this inconvenience has not caused you to look elsewhere for future travels to DC. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Loews Madison Hotel on your next trip to Washington DC!

Reviewed 10 December 2013

On the third floor and I slept like a log. The bed was super comfortable, the room very clean, the amenities rocked. The exercise room looks over a busy street to keep your mind off of the "burn" and they have a sauna in the fitness center showers. PostScript was delicious - I had breakfast and drinks there. Plus Room Service - very efficient, accurate and friendly. Staff was friendly without being pushy. Great experience overall.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GMLoews, Director of Rooms at The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear TiffaStar,
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us, and I’m very happy it was an excellent one! Thank you for the positive notes about our rooms, beds and amenities – we always want a supremely comfortable stay for our guests. I’m glad you enjoyed the fitness room and sauna too. I can’t wait to share your feedback with the PostScript and am so happy you enjoyed the restaurant. We appreciate you choosing Loews Madison and hope to welcome you back anytime your travels bring you to Washington, DC.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Been going there for some years now and only consider it first in the city. Quiet, professional but good for relaxation, convenient, good value for price and attentive to my needs. From the doorman who always remembers my name upon the arrival of my car or cab no matter if it has been several months to attentive staff at the desk and the concierge ... all staff are professional yet attentive. I believe they work to care about my hotel experience. Hotel is not so big and impersonal as so many of the others but big enough to offer services in a great city location.

This is the DC hotel for me for a number of years now.

Room Tip: Corner room or view along M street.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Jonwal
GMLoews, General Manager at The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Jonwal,
First, we are so appreciative of your loyalty to Loews Madison Hotel. Thank you very much for taking the time to provide this feedback via TripAdvisor. I’m so happy to know our staff’s personalized and attentive service has made a strong impression on you and conveyed that we do truly care about your experience while you are choosing to spend time at Loews Madison. Our doorman Romeo, is likely who you are referencing, is a gem and an outstanding example of the level of care our team members strive to demonstrate with each guest. It’s also great to hear you mark our overall environment, value and convenient location in the heart of the city as reasons we are your premier choice when staying in DC. If you are not yet a Loews YouFirst member, I encourage you to check out the program. We very much look forward to welcoming you in our doors for years to come. Thanks again for choosing Loews Madison Hotel.

Cheraz Ecker

Reviewed 6 December 2013

I stayed two nights for a business conference and was pleasantly surprised. It is right off the interstate, so if you are like me, and hate to drive around in DC, the location was perfect. Everything seems to be within a few walking blocks. It's about 5 blocks behind the White House. The staff were very nice and accommodating. Parking was a breeze, as they provide valley parking services right at the front door of the hotel. Their restaurant in their lobby is much larger than it appears and they have little mini bars around, although I'm not sure when they are open. In the evenings, there were several people at the bar. The lobby is extremely nice. The rooms are also nice. I had an interior view room. It received plenty of light, however, you are looking right into office building windows, so I usually kept the drapes pulled tight. The beds were extremely comfortable, although the pillows were a tad flat for my personal taste. The bathroom has the extended shower curtain, so there is plenty of room in there, especially for someone tall like me who often has to duck under the showerhead. There was plenty of space above my head which was nice. Ventilation in the bathroom was a little week, so there was fog and excessive moisture all over the mirror and walls. A few minutes with the door open and hair dryer running cleared it right up. Room safe was large enough to store a medium size purse with room to spare. The mini bar and snacks were well supplied. Overall, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
GMLoews, Director of Rooms at The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Jennifer N,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. I’m so glad you enjoyed your time here during the business conference, and that your overall impression definitely makes you want to stay with us again! Thank you for offering such great detail with the TripAdvisor community, from our great location within walking distance to the White House and other attractions, to our lobby, extremely comfortable beds and convenient valet service. It’s great to know you enjoyed our amenities and found our staff to be very accommodating and friendly. We would love for the chance to welcome you back to Loews Madison anytime your business or personal travels bring you to DC.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

This reasonably priced hotel is centrally located and convenient to the tourist activities that dominated our stay. The room was comfortable, but the main draw for me - and the reason I will return -- was the friendly and extremely helpful staff. I was impressed with everyone from the doorman that greeted us through the desk clerk who checked us in and the bellman who helped us to our room.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sean G
GMLoews, Director of Rooms at The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear Sean G,
Thank you so much for reviewing your stay. I’m very excited to hear that our staff and service will be the reason you will choose Loews Madison again for future stays. We could hardly ask for a better compliment! Our team is dedicated to providing superior service in a friendly, comfortable environment, and I’m so happy you recognized this. I look forward to sharing it with the many team members you interacted with. Thanks also for noting our convenient location – we are fortunate to be so centrally located in the city. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Loews Madison anytime your travels bring you to DC.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Comfortable luxury is how I would describe my stay. Friendly staff, excellent service without being too stuffy. Rooms were beautifully decorated and the bathrooms small, yet spacious. Housekeeping was fantastic and the meals I ate (Room Service and Post Script) were delicious! Looking forward to staying here again on my next trip to DC!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TheRoad2Nowhere

Dear TheRoad2Nowhere,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay! I’m so happy you enjoyed it, and experienced the comfort and luxury we work to provide for every guest’s stay. It is wonderful hearing you found our staff friendly and the service top notch. They are a dedicated team, and we’re certainly proud to hear your recognition of them! I’m also glad the food and décor were such enjoyable parts of your stay. Thank you for choosing Loews Madison, and we can’t wait to welcome you back when you’re in DC!