“A Pleasant Surprise” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Sorrento, Australia
“A Pleasant Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

What a pleasant surprise greeted us when we arrived at Loew's Madison Hotel in DC.

Located at the edge of the business district, this hotel offered a warm, friendly, efficient experience that surpassed our wildest expectations. Within close working distance of most of Washington's important features, we were glad to call Loew's Madison, our base.

From the moment we were greeted at the door to the time we were loaded into the taxi at our departure, the friendliness and efficiency of staff was exceptional.

We would have no hesitation in recommending this Loew's hotel to anyone visiting Washington DC.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

GMLoews, Director of Rooms at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Dear Tony H,
What a fine compliment- we greatly appreciate your feedback! I’m thrilled we exceeded your wildest expectations, as this means our team is meeting a daily goal with our guests. It’s great to know our staff helped give you a friendly, welcoming stay with efficient service, and I look forward to sharing your comments with them. Thanks also for pointing out our great central location for visiting many of Washington D.C.’s top sights. We appreciate your recommendation, and most importantly, we thank you for choosing Loews Madison Hotel. We would love for the opportunity to welcome you back anytime you travel to the States and visit D.C.

Justin Adam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

Just wanted say that the service has been fantastic. We checked in very late and nothing was too much trouble. The concierge Tobi was super helpful and accommodating. The rooms very comfortable and spacious. Thank you TOBI!

Breakfast was great and the service again was absolutely above average. Would recommend.

Room Tip: Consider upgrading to a suite if you would like to spoil yourself.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMLoews, Director of Rooms at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Dear Marshall R,
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I am thrilled you found our service and our team members to be fantastic. We strive every day to provide top-notch, personalized service and a supremely comfortable stay, and I appreciate you recognizing this to be your experience. Tobi is a wonderful team member, and I will gladly share you feedback. I’m also happy you enjoyed breakfast at PostScript and again had great service! Thank you for choosing Loews Madison, and we hope for the chance to welcome you back anytime you travel to Washington, DC.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

Always stay at this hotel during my business trip. Perfect business hotel and very convenient to al the downtown businesses and offices. The rooms are perfect and luxury. The Gym is great. Very close to many restaurants and eateries.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear My_Bos_explorer,
We appreciate your feedback. I’m delighted we are your go-to hotel during business trips to Washington, DC, and that you enjoy our very convenient location. Indeed, we often hear it’s great for business and sightseeing, and as you mention, has many nearby restaurants. I’m also glad you’re able to take advantage of our gym as we know that can be an important offering for frequent business travelers who want to keep up their fitness routine. Thank you for choosing Loews Madison, and we look forward to continuing to welcome you back for future stays. Let us know if there’s anything you need.

Brussels, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

We had two nights here in December and although well located we didn't think there was anything particularly special about the hotel.

The room was a decent king size but the bathroom was tiny and full of oversized units. It was clean and comfortable though the water pressure in the shower was not great. My big complaint is about the hearing system. It was incredibly loud and despite turning it off to avoid the noise - despite it snowing outside (and having someone from the hotel look at it) it would randomly turn itself back on. This was particularly irritating when it happened several times during the night, meaning we slept badly. We complained to the staff but were told the noise was standard. To be fair t staff were pleasant and they knocked the cost of a movie off our bill to compensate but I'd much rather stay somewhere where you are not woken up.

I confess the styling if the hotel is not really to my taste - lots of shiny surfaces and faux gilt everywhere, in my mind it makes it look cheap and dated. But others may disagree. It was all a bit style over substance.

I think there are better hotels in Washington and I wouldn't stay again out of choice.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GMLoews, Director of Rooms at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Dear Clarinda_Vine,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I do appreciate that you found our hotel to be well located and also comfortable and clean. That said, I’m disappointed you found us to be just OK as we strive to surpass our guests’ expectations and always create a memorable stay. I am sorry to hear of the inconvenience you experienced with the heating unit, and I will look into this immediately with our engineering team. Please look for a direct message so we can research your reservation and do trouble shooting in this room. I appreciate you providing a prompt response within the month of your stay so we can assure these concerns are addressed very quickly. I’m glad our staff were pleasant to work with. I look forward to following up with you and do hope we will have the chance to welcome you back to Loews Madison.

New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

This is one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in. Very elegant, but not stuffy. Extremely clean. Staff was wonderful and very helpful. Food was delicious. Great location, easy walking distance to many interesting things.

Room Tip: One of the nicest hotels I have every stayed in.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMLoews, Director of Rooms at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear Donna K,
This is wonderful feedback, and we so appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us. I’m delighted you found us to be excellent, elegant and also inviting. I’m always extremely happy to hear when our staff make a lasting impression, as they strive every day to provide exceptional service. Thank you also for pointing out our very central location to local attractions! We would absolutely love the opportunity to welcome you back to Loews Madison anytime you are in DC.

Lake Macquarie, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

The hotel is well located, being an easy stroll to the White House. Our room was very well appointed however it was located adjacent to the external air conditioning unit which services the entire hotel and was incredibly noisy. The room would definitely benefit from double glazing to alleviate the noise emanating from the external unit. I would recommend this hotel with the proviso that you insist on a room well away from the air conditioner. It's an eyesore and loud!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Judith H,
Thank you for providing this feedback. I’m very happy you enjoyed our great location within walking distance to the White House. It’s also great to hear you found our rooms to be well appointed. However, I am sorry to learn you were disappointed by your room being near the air conditioning unit. We do sincerely we appreciate the feedback as we look for ways to make this more visually appealing. I hope we will have the chance to welcome you back when your travels bring you to DC, and thank you for choosing Loews Madison.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

What a great hotel! The beautiful room, twin share, was large, with two comfortable double beds and great pillows. The bathroom was clean and well appointed with lovely shower and bath products. The hotel staff were friendly, helpful and accommodating. The hotel is within easy walking distance to many monuments and sights. We were disappointed we were only in Washington for one night! We would definitely stay at this hotel if visiting Washington again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear jnf2407,
I’m so glad we had the chance to host you in DC for your travels and like you, I wish you’d had more time with us! Thank you for providing this feedback about your Loews Madison stay. I’m delighted you experienced our luxury hotel and enjoyed the accommodations, our friendly staff and our convenient location for walking to see many sights. We would love the chance to welcome you again anytime you travel to Washington, DC.