“I need to come back”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Rochester, New York
“I need to come back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

I stayed at the Loews Madison arriving on a rainy day. I was totally impressed by the staff. When I arrived the doorman took the umbrella and helped us with the luggage. The service was excellent throughout and the room was spotless. Saad was very helpful and went out of his way to make our stay a memorable one. I will definitely stay here again when I am next in DC and I highly recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tim D
GMLoews, Social Media Manager at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Dear Tim D,
Yes, please do come back!! Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are thrilled to know you experienced excellent service, from your rainy entry to getting tips to enjoy your trip from our front desk and concierge team. It’s always our goal for guests to leave with great memories, and it sounds like this happened for you! Please do come see us again. Thank you for choosing Loews Madison, and for your recommendation for others to stay with us while in Washington, DC.

All the best,
Kallie Cornett

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (387)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Long Island, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

Stayed at Loews for second time and LOVE this hotel. Incredibly helpful staff. Absolutley beautiful atmosphere and decoration. The location is PERFECT
I would highly recommend to anyone looking to stay in Washington DC

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
GMLoews, Director of Rooms at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Dear LIMOM3,
Thanks very much for your time to review your stay! You loving our hotel as a reflection of our staff’s service, our fantastic location, and our décor and atmosphere, is a superb compliment. I’m delighted you enjoyed so many features of our property and love the hotel! Thank you for choosing Loews Madison, and for recommending us to others. We hope to welcome you back anytime your travels bring you to DC.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

I booked a deluxe room at Loews Madison for a 2 night stay in Washington (visiting from London for a wedding) and can honestly say this is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in - and I travel ALOT for leisure and business purposes. In fact, I've never even left a review on TripAdvisor before but felt compelled to by my experience at this hotel.

I had requested a room close to one of the suites where a friend was staying and was given a room on the same floor which was perfect. The room itself was great value for money in terms of space and facilities and the hotel overall was beautiful and clean. The location was also ideal, a short taxi or short-ish walk to the Whitehouse, Lincoln Memorial, Verizon Centre and other places we visited over the couple of days in town.

The staff, however, is what sets this hotel apart! Every member of staff from cleaners through to waiters and management were the friendliest, loveliest and most helpful people I've ever experienced at a hotel, without being overbearing. They couldn't do enough to make sure our stay was a great one and it really made a difference.

Thank you so much for a great weekend and if you are considering this hotel, book!!! I have even suggested my parents book a trip to Washington just to stay here.

Room Tip: Don't worry about which room you get, mine was one of the most basic and it was absolutely stunn...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sarah C
GMLoews, Social Media Manager at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Dear Sarah C,
Wow, thank you so much for the incredibly kind words about the Loews Madison Hotel!! We are so thrilled by how much you enjoyed your stay, and that we could help make a great weekend while you were in town for your friend’s wedding. It is the best compliment to know our staff’s service and overall genuine care for the quality of your stay made a lasting impression – so much so that this is your first TripAdvisor review! I’m so happy you enjoyed your room and our very central location for exploring all of DC’s treasures. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to give us this feedback. It would be our pleasure to welcome you – and your parents – to the Loews Madison Hotel anytime you travel to DC!

Kallie Cornett
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

I stayed at the Loews Madison for a business meeting last week, and wanted to rave about the staff!
I had a great stay, but what happened after my stay was even more telling.
I forgot my dobb kit that holds all of my shampoos, soaps and contact lens stuff hanging on the back of the bathroom door.
I called the night I got home as I unpacked and realized that I left it, and spoke to Naveen, the evening manager. He was incredibly professional and helpful and let me know he would follow up with the housekeeping manager the next morning.
As promised, the next morning Rasheeda (I may be off on the spelling) called to tell me she found it and would send it out the next day.
Naveen called later that afternoon to confirm this as well.
I cannot thank Naveen and Rasheeda for their help and professionalism...it is very much appreciated.
Thanks so much,
Lauren T.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
GMLoews, Director of Rooms at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear Lauren T,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us this great feedback. I’m so happy our team members were able to help you so quickly and with such professionalism. There’s really no higher compliment than to know the service we provided you, driven by our staff’s genuine care for our guests, made a lasting impression. I will pass on your very kind words to both the employees who helped you, and thank you for remembering them! I’m happy you had a great stay, and please know how much we appreciate you choosing the Loews Madison in DC. I hope we have the chance to welcome you again soon, for business or for pleasure.

Florence, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

We have been staying at this hotel for most of the last decade on quarterly trips to DC for business meetings. We have watched some changes over the years, and it keeps improving. The rooms have improved with regard to style updates and comfort. One of the best aspects though is the location. From here, walking to the White House and Mall/Smithsonian area is well within reach at 10-15 minutes. Also, heading in the opposite direction, the restaurants, shopping and beautiful historic homes of Logan Circle neighborhood are close. The metro is a couple of blocks away, which is convenient. The only downer is that we have never had a room with a decent view of anything. We always seem to end up looking to the rear, which is like an alley or dumpster/service area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
GMLoews, Director of Rooms at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear KelekeWahine,

Thank you very much for your feedback. It’s an honor to hear we’ve been a destination for you for nearly 10 years during your business travels to D.C. – thank you for choosing Loews Madison. We have worked diligently to improve our property, as Loews strives to provide a supremely comfortable and beautiful setting, so thank you for noticing! I also appreciate you noting our central location, convenient for walking to many attractions like the White House, as well as 14th Street’s culinary offerings, Metro lines and more. I’m happy you enjoy so many aspects of our property and hope we can communicate before your next stay to discuss your room preference. We do have interior and exterior facing rooms, and we recommend anyone looking for a street view book an exterior facing room. I will reach out to you directly to get details for your next stay.

We’d love the opportunity to ensure you have many fantastic stays in the future, and we so appreciate your loyalty to Loews Madison. We look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Clarksville, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

Rooms were clean and upscale but not very large for $300+ a night. The hotel parking garage charges $50 a night which I feel is a bit steep considering we were paying guests at the hotel. The restaurant food was very good but the service was slow, not customer oriented and the waiter had to be asked for simple things like water and bread with the meal. Considering they tout this as a 4-5 star hotel, I was shocked to find that they couldn't even mail a small priority mail package (8"x5"x2") for me. I was told I could walk to the post office several blocks away. The hotel is large, clean, and nice looking but I have had better experiences and service at hotels charging less than 1/3 the price.

Room Tip: The rooms are nice if you don't mind paying twice what they are worth.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
GMLoews, Director of Rooms at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear Victor K,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, and for responding promptly to our earlier outreach to help ensure we understand the details of your experiences and address any concerns. While it’s nice to hear you found the hotel clean and spacious, I am disappointed to learn of the inconveniences you experienced. You are right to feel like we should have assisted you with shipping your package as part of our personalized guest service. I am disappointed to hear of your feedback but will certainly use it for training going forward. Also, I have followed up with our Restaurant General Manager to ensure we make immediate improvements in any service gaps. Thank you again, as this feedback is critical to helping us improve our establishment. I hope we will have the chance to welcome you back and regain your confidence in Loews Madison.

Garden City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

My family stayed here over the Christmas break for 5 nights. We had a lovely time in DC and the hotel was great. The staff was very accomodating as well as very friendly and helpful. The doormen were lovely, the front desk very nice and the concierge very knowledgeable. The room was very clean and comfortable. It was a tight fit for a family of four (two adults and two teenagers), but we made it work. It is conveniently located and all of the main DC sites are within walking distance. The hotel's restaurant was quite good for both breakfast and dinner and there are several restaurants within walking distance as well. Would highly recommend this hotel and look forward to returning. Overall a wonderful holiday break in DC.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mkbkck
Dear mkbkck,
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. I’m delighted to hear you had a great holiday in DC and experienced wonderful service which has you looking forward to returning to Loews Madison! We couldn’t ask for a better compliment. We strive to provide supreme service every day, and I’m happy you experienced this with our knowledgeable concierge team and friendly, helpful front desk staff and doormen. Thanks for pointing out our great, central location for sightseeing in DC – I’m glad you could enjoy that feature of our property. I’ll also pass along your dining kudos to our PostScript restaurant team. Thank you for choosing Loews Madison and for your recommendation to others! We would love to welcome you back here anytime you travel to DC.