“Comfortable Hotel in Convenient Location”

Loews Madison Hotel
Ranked #70 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersBronze level
Massachusetts
“Comfortable Hotel in Convenient Location”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

While it lacks some of the amenities of larger hotels the Madison has well appointed comfortable rooms and helpful staff. The rooms have well stocked mini-bars but there is no gift shop or ice and vending machines (ice is available from room service). The PostScript restaurant has a limited menu and the food is very good with reasonable prices but be warned that a small glass of OJ with breakfast is $6 .Another breakfast option is a Caribou Coffee across the street.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
GMLoews, Director of Rooms at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear Sail2Maine,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I’m glad we could welcome you on your business trip. I’m so happy you found our staff helpful and enjoyed the comfort and décor of our rooms and our convenient location. I’m also so glad to know you enjoyed the PostScript menu which has undergone some exciting recent updates with several new culinary staff on our team. Further, I’m very excited to let you know we will be opening our second restaurant this Spring 2014- a brand new establishment by Jose Garces, Iron Chef and James Beard Award Winner!

We welcome feedback about our amenities from guests, and we’re pleased now to provide a 24-hour fitness center, business center, complimentary WiFi in every room, as well as Keurig coffee makers and the mini-bars you mention. Thank you very much for choosing Loews Madison, and I hope we have the chance to welcome you again anytime you travel to DC.

Justin Adam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (398)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chicago
Reviewed 28 January 2014

What is unique about the Madison is that the staff, from the bellman, to the front desk and the concierge remember you and welcome you back. It is almost like returning home for the holidays. They sincerely want to ensure that your stay is wonderful and that all your needs are met. They are currently renovating one of the restaurants, but the Bar and grill restaurant is great, light, open and airy and the food fresh and tasty with reasonable prices.

Room Tip: Treat yourself to a Madison Suite Room.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
GMLoews, Director of Rooms at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear Annette G,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. What a great compliment to hear our staff makes it feel like you’re coming home again each time you stay! That is exactly the kind of warm, personalized service we strive to provide every day. I’m very happy you know that we truly care, as every guest should have their needs met while with us. I’m glad you enjoy the food and atmosphere in PostScript, and hopefully you can return soon to experience our new restaurant underway now – being opened by Iron Chef and James Beard Award winner Jose Garces. It is scheduled to open in Spring 2014! Thank you so much for choosing Loews Madison, and we hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Chicago
Reviewed 25 January 2014

My husband and I stayed here together and he actually came here a second time himself as well for work. First let me say the front Desk staff member, David, is phenomenal and just knows customer service. The times we stayed here the main restaurant was under construction. There is another restaurant in the hotel with outdoor seating. This place literally ignored us for 30 minutes. My husband and I were seated by a very rude hostess. We were seated and I promise you we waited 30 minutes and no one brought us water or asked if we were being served and the restaurant was NOT that busy. It was pretty insulting. We just walked out. The hotel room decor has that old DC feel with beautiful old England style wall paper and gorgeous bathroom but there were ants in our room, our bathroom, and near the window. It was pretty gross. The location is near a lot of different restaurants and coffee chains. It is across the street from a caribou coffee. We walked to a lot of the destinations we wanted as well. Again, the front desk staff and concierge were great but the ants and rude staff from the restaurant really ruined the trip for us. My husband gave them a second chance but we won't be venturing there again. FYI the lobby is chic and they serve fresh chilled fruit drinks.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Deena H
GMLoews, Director of Rooms at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Deena H,
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us feedback as it is critical to our success. Needless to say, we are quite disappointed to hear some of your comments. Please accept our sincerest apologies that we were unable to satisfy your needs during your visit, and for the frustrations you endured. I am glad to know you enjoyed some elements of your trip, including our helpful Front Desk staff and concierge. I would like to take a moment to point out some important changes at the property since your stay in August 2013, close to six months ago.

Since your stay, we have undergone some management changes, including a new General Manager and several other new executive team members starting. A new Restaurant GM has also been a team addition. You bring up service concerns that we heard have been issues in the past, and I’m very pleased to let you know we are extremely focused on stepping up our Food and Beverage offerings, and above all, providing top notch service to every guest. I’m very sorry you did not experience this while with us. In regards to your ant issue, I am quite surprised to hear this as it is not feedback I’ve experienced in my six months with the Loews Madison Hotel team. That said, I regret the unpleasant experience you mentioned and am comfortable to assure you this is not a good indication of the service or comfortable environment we have been striving to create. Since I joined the team as Director of Rooms, we have been extremely focused on our rooms’ quality and overall guest satisfaction. I do hope you will consider visiting the Loews Madison Hotel the next time your travels bring you to Washington DC and giving us the opportunity to show you the true Loews Experience.

I am hopeful you will see the personal TripAdvisor message our team sent, and we’ll have the chance to connect. We would appreciate the opportunity to regain your trust in Loews Madison Hotel.

Rochester, New York
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I stayed at the Loews Madison arriving on a rainy day. I was totally impressed by the staff. When I arrived the doorman took the umbrella and helped us with the luggage. The service was excellent throughout and the room was spotless. Saad was very helpful and went out of his way to make our stay a memorable one. I will definitely stay here again when I am next in DC and I highly recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tim D
GMLoews, Social Media Manager at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Dear Tim D,
Yes, please do come back!! Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are thrilled to know you experienced excellent service, from your rainy entry to getting tips to enjoy your trip from our front desk and concierge team. It’s always our goal for guests to leave with great memories, and it sounds like this happened for you! Please do come see us again. Thank you for choosing Loews Madison, and for your recommendation for others to stay with us while in Washington, DC.

All the best,
Kallie Cornett
Long Island, NY
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Stayed at Loews for second time and LOVE this hotel. Incredibly helpful staff. Absolutley beautiful atmosphere and decoration. The location is PERFECT
I would highly recommend to anyone looking to stay in Washington DC

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
GMLoews, Director of Rooms at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Dear LIMOM3,
Thanks very much for your time to review your stay! You loving our hotel as a reflection of our staff’s service, our fantastic location, and our décor and atmosphere, is a superb compliment. I’m delighted you enjoyed so many features of our property and love the hotel! Thank you for choosing Loews Madison, and for recommending us to others. We hope to welcome you back anytime your travels bring you to DC.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I booked a deluxe room at Loews Madison for a 2 night stay in Washington (visiting from London for a wedding) and can honestly say this is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in - and I travel ALOT for leisure and business purposes. In fact, I've never even left a review on TripAdvisor before but felt compelled to by my experience at this hotel.

I had requested a room close to one of the suites where a friend was staying and was given a room on the same floor which was perfect. The room itself was great value for money in terms of space and facilities and the hotel overall was beautiful and clean. The location was also ideal, a short taxi or short-ish walk to the Whitehouse, Lincoln Memorial, Verizon Centre and other places we visited over the couple of days in town.

The staff, however, is what sets this hotel apart! Every member of staff from cleaners through to waiters and management were the friendliest, loveliest and most helpful people I've ever experienced at a hotel, without being overbearing. They couldn't do enough to make sure our stay was a great one and it really made a difference.

Thank you so much for a great weekend and if you are considering this hotel, book!!! I have even suggested my parents book a trip to Washington just to stay here.

Room Tip: Don't worry about which room you get, mine was one of the most basic and it was absolutely stunn...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sarah C
GMLoews, Social Media Manager at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Dear Sarah C,
Wow, thank you so much for the incredibly kind words about the Loews Madison Hotel!! We are so thrilled by how much you enjoyed your stay, and that we could help make a great weekend while you were in town for your friend’s wedding. It is the best compliment to know our staff’s service and overall genuine care for the quality of your stay made a lasting impression – so much so that this is your first TripAdvisor review! I’m so happy you enjoyed your room and our very central location for exploring all of DC’s treasures. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to give us this feedback. It would be our pleasure to welcome you – and your parents – to the Loews Madison Hotel anytime you travel to DC!

Kallie Cornett
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I stayed at the Loews Madison for a business meeting last week, and wanted to rave about the staff!
I had a great stay, but what happened after my stay was even more telling.
I forgot my dobb kit that holds all of my shampoos, soaps and contact lens stuff hanging on the back of the bathroom door.
I called the night I got home as I unpacked and realized that I left it, and spoke to Naveen, the evening manager. He was incredibly professional and helpful and let me know he would follow up with the housekeeping manager the next morning.
As promised, the next morning Rasheeda (I may be off on the spelling) called to tell me she found it and would send it out the next day.
Naveen called later that afternoon to confirm this as well.
I cannot thank Naveen and Rasheeda for their help and professionalism...it is very much appreciated.
Thanks so much,
Lauren T.

Dear Lauren T,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us this great feedback. I’m so happy our team members were able to help you so quickly and with such professionalism. There’s really no higher compliment than to know the service we provided you, driven by our staff’s genuine care for our guests, made a lasting impression. I will pass on your very kind words to both the employees who helped you, and thank you for remembering them! I’m happy you had a great stay, and please know how much we appreciate you choosing the Loews Madison in DC. I hope we have the chance to welcome you again soon, for business or for pleasure.