“Vintage contemporary”

Loews Madison Hotel
Ranked #78 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I love thus hotel! Room is very clean and decor is lovely. Restaurant a bit overpriced as are most hotel restaurants. Staff very friendly and responsive. Close to 14st restaurants, DuPont circle and convention centre. Room cozy. Would stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Mobaychic
GMLoews, Director of Rooms at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear Mobaychic,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about Loews Madison. I’m so happy to hear you loved our hotel and would come back to stay again. I’m especially delighted our friendly staff and their helpful service made an impression on you.

I’m also excited you enjoyed our décor, and our great location convenient to 14th Street restaurants, attractions, the convention center and more! Thanks for pointing that out. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again when your travels bring you to DC.

There are newer reviews for Loews Madison Hotel

Reviewed 27 March 2014

My stay at Loews Madison was wonderful. All staff were extremely helpful during my stay from the moment I walked in the door. Every question was either answered on the spot or answered later after search.Rooms were comfortable and clean. Business center was helpful and on the mark too. I also noticed that locals visit the restaurant and lounge which is a good sign.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Edward C
GMLoews, Director of Rooms at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Dear Edward C,
Thank you very much for the time to review your stay, as we hope this helps others deciding on Loews Madison. I’m very happy you had a wonderful stay, and could even have a ‘vacation while working.’ I appreciate you recognizing our dedication to top notch, friendly and always helpful service. I’m so glad this was your experience, and that our staff followed through on your needs.

Thanks for mentioning our comfortable, clean rooms, as well as our business center. I’m delighted your needs were met. Our PostScript restaurant and lounge/bar is indeed a popular spot for our guests and locals to get a meal, relax at happy hour after work, and also enjoy evenings including live jazz music and entertainment Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.

Thank you for choosing Loews Madison, and we hope to be able to welcome you back on future trips to DC.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Had an amazing time at this hotel! The room was super nice with modern/vintage furniture. It was also spotless. Our room was a penthouse with a terrace - it was the icing on the cake. The terrace was spacious and private. Excellent view of the city! My friend and I were celebrating our birthdays and they had SWEET chocolate covered strawberries, an excellent bottle of champagne, and a wonderful bday card -all courtesy of the hotel. An excellent touch! :) If we needed anything extra for the room, they were at our room in minutes. They also provide a Fiat car service (at no extra charge) which takes you anywhere you need to go within a 3 mile radius from the hotel, from 11am-7pm which was very convenient for us. The location is ideal because it's close to everything. Overall, the entire staff was extremely professional, courteous, and helpful. I can't wait to stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Leche202

Dear Leche202,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We so appreciate your kind words! A belated Happy Birthday to you both! I’m absolutely thrilled you had such an amazing experience and thoroughly enjoyed ours rooms and furnishings. Our terrace suites are indeed a special treat, including their spaciousness, and some nice city views.

I’m happy you enjoyed the birthday treat and our team members’ attentive, courteous service. We pride ourselves on friendly, efficient attention to our guests’ needs. Thanks for noting our great location, which is ideal to explore so many of DC’s sights. It’s great you mentioned the FIAT free ride program. Loews is excited to partner with FIAT USA to provide this free service for guests – offered daily for rides to many locations throughout DC. Great that you took advantage of this!

Thank you for choosing Loews Madison, and we can’t wait to welcome you back the next time you come to DC.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

We stayed 5 nights in this hotel opened by JF Kennedy. The rooms were very nice and very large. We had booked a room for two people and got a nice room with two huge, very comfortable beds. Although we had booked without breakfast, we were treated to a continental breakfast. The location is good and at night, it is very quiet. Very nice staff. Service was ok, but nothing special. In the quality and price range, there are many hotels in DC to choose from. I was given a very warm welcome by the hotel staff. Overall a great hotel to stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DarrellMali

Dear DarrellMali,
Thank you for providing feedback about your stay. I’m delighted you rate us as a great hotel and enjoyed the spaciousness and quality of your room. It’s great to hear you liked our convenient location, central to many attractions and walking distance to the White House. Also, I always enjoy when people know a little of our history, including JFK cutting the ribbon for our hotel’s opening in 1963! Of course, we have since renovated and updated our property, and we’re very proud of our history.

Thank you for noting our friendly staff, and the warm, personal welcome you received. Providing memorable service that exceed expectations is something on which we continually work.

Thank you for choosing Loews Madison, and we would love to welcome you back anytime you travel to DC.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Recently stayed here for 2 nights, very nice indeed. The room was excellent and everything you need is there. The front desk were ok but not the greatest people, i asked where the sauna and steam room was...err err was the reply. I never did find it, even after looking in the fitness suite.
The breakfasts were fantastic and nothing was to much trouble. An excellent hotel in a super city!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank theboy75

Dear theboy75,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I’m glad to hear you found our hotel to be very nice, and enjoyed the quality of our rooms and amenities. I’m sorry to learn some team members weren’t able to give you the information you needed about our steam room, and I am addressing this with all our staff as providing helpful service is a number one priority. Thank you for noting how nothing was too much trouble for staff in our restaurant, and I’m so happy you had fantastic meals!

Thanks for choosing Loews Madison, and I hope we can welcome you back anytime you visit our super city of Washington, DC! Make a note that in Summer 2014, we'll be opening our new restaurant by renowned Chef Jose Garces, an Argentine steakhouse!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

This was my second to the Loews Madison Hotel, which is conveniently located near two Metro stops, which serve the Blue and Red lines. The hotel's front-desk staff is top notch. Ask about their Fiat service.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Erik B
GMLoews, Director of Rooms at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Erik B,
Thank you taking the time to give us a review, and for coming back for a second visit! I’m glad you enjoy our very convenient location in DC, positioned walking distance to Metro stops (McPherson Square and Farragut North) serving the Blue, Orange and Red lines.

I appreciate you noting our staff and their top notch performance, as our team is dedicated to genuine, helpful service. This is a number one priority for us!

I’m excited you mentioned the FIAT free chauffeur program. Loews is excited to partner with FIAT USA to provide this free ride service for Loews Madison’s guests – offered daily for rides to many locations throughout DC. It’s a fun (free) way to explore city attractions! We hope many of our guests will begin to take advantage of this great offering.

Thank you for choosing Loews Madison, and we would love to welcome you back anytime you visit DC.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

We stayed for 5 nights while touring the city. Great bed, great sleeping. We walked everywhere. Would recommend this to friends who enjoy walking. Good service too, but we didnt eat here. Loved the bedding and in-room coffee.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sondra s

Dear sondra s,
Thank you taking the time to give feedback about your stay. I’m very happy you had a comfortable stay with us and enjoyed great nights of sleep. Touring a city definitely calls for a good night of rest afterward! Hopefully you put the complimentary in-room Keurig coffee maker to good use! I’m glad you enjoyed our very convenient location in the heart of downtown DC, just four blocks from the White House and walking distance to a variety of attractions.

Thanks also for making note of our service. We make this a top priority and hope to leave a lasting impression on all our guests.

We appreciate you recommending us to friends and would love to welcome you back to Loews Madison anytime you visit Washington, DC.