“My new favorite hotel.” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
South Hadley, Massachusetts
“My new favorite hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

I fell in love with Loews Madison. Arrived at the hotel at 8:30 a.m. and I knew the room wouldn't be ready. We had breakfast in the hotel restaurant and it was excellent. The room was ready by 10 am and I couldn't have been happier! The room was excellent. The bed was heaven, the room was quiet and it was sparkling clean. Stayed there with my daughter on a trip to look at a college in the area and after staying in MANY hotels over the past year for this purpose, I can say without question this was the best hotel by far. I really have nothing bad to say about this hotel at all. We enjoyed the breakfast so much on our last night there we had dinner in the hotel restaurant. It was delicious and my rather picky eater daughter was very happy with her meal. Every staff member we met was friendly and helpful. Wouldn't hesitate to stay there again and again and again.

Room Tip: We had a room on the fifth floor with two queen beds. Very roomy. The view was of another building...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank kate9340
GMLoews, Director of Rooms at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear kate9340,
Thank you for taking time to review your stay. It’s such a wonderful compliment that you fell in love with this property we all love so much, and you’d stay here again and again. I’m very happy we could provide a great experience, and at such a memorable and important time as looking for colleges with your child!

It’s great to hear how much you enjoyed the room and comfortable bed, and that you experienced our staff’s helpful, friendly attitude. Thanks for reviewing our on property restaurant, PostScript- I’ll be sure to pass on the kudos to our Food & Beverage team.

Exciting news for return visits – this Summer 2014, we’re proud to be opening Chef Jose Garces’ new DC restaurant at Loews Madison, an Argentian steakhouse. Hopefully you can visit soon.

Thank you for choosing Loews Madison, and please come again for a stay and a meal anytime you’re in DC!

Justin Adam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (385)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

It was great to see The Madison update its rooms and have included wifi. This was a pleasant stay but I could not help but notice a smoky old smell in the corridors. It was fine but the neighborhood was not as good as I remembered from past years.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear lton,
Thank you for reviewing your stay. I’m glad you enjoyed our renovated rooms and property, as well as the complimentary WiFi we offer in all guest rooms and our lobby. I’m disappointed learning that you noticed an odor, as this is not feedback we have heard from other guests. We are very focused on cleanliness and creating a comfortable environment, and I will be sure this is something we monitor closely. I’m glad it was a pleasant stay overall.

Did you get a chance to enjoy a complimentary FIAT ride with our new guest chauffeur service? Our drivers will drop-off in many locations, including the very nearby 14th Street, busy restaurant scene, of course the White House just four blocks away, and many other sites.

I hope we’ll have the chance to welcome you back to Loews Madison when your travels bring you to DC. Perhaps you can return after we open Chef Jose Garces new restaurant at Loews Madison this summer 2014!

Director of Rooms
Western U.S.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

Loved the bed, nice pillows, excellent sheets, good t.v., very nice bathroom, and in a decent location with proximity to the White House area. Staff was very friendly. Bar was small but nice. Bell staff very good. Overall happy experience at another fine Loews location.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ryder03
GMLoews, Director of Rooms at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Dear ryder03,
Thank you for taking time to review your stay. I’m very happy you enjoyed the room and bed so much and found everything comfortable. It’s always our goal to deliver a supremely comfortable stay, and I’m also happy you enjoyed the bathrooms and in-room TVs. Thanks for mentioning our very convenient location, just four blocks from the White House. I appreciate the note about our staff – they are dedicated to our guests, and I’m happy it showed.

I’m glad you found our PostScript bar and lounge nice and am very excited to let you know that in Summer 2014, we’ll be opening renowned Chef Jose Garces’ Argentian steakhouse restaurant at Loews Madison!

Thank you for choosing Loews Madison, and I hope we can welcome you back again anytime you visit Washington, DC.

Leesburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Loews Madison in DC for a few nights for our honeymoon. We were upgraded to a top floor luxury suite and chocolate strawberries, champagne on ice, and a lovely signed card were waiting for us in the room. The location is outstanding-we were within walking distance or a two-mile cab trip to Georgetown, the National Mall, monuments, and all the museums we wanted to see. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and very dark and night even with the large windows. The service at the front desk and concierge was prompt, personal, and enthusiastic. Sylvia at the front desk was especially sweet. We ate breakfast at PostScript in the hotel and it was fairly priced and well-prepared. It is a bit pricey for us ordinarily but for a special occasion, and for the ambiance and service, it was well worth it. Overall an exceptional stay.

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank bmdels
Dear bmdels,
Thank you for reviewing your stay. A big congratulations to you and your husband on your marriage! I’m delighted we could be a part of a wonderful honeymoon experience. I’m glad you enjoyed one of our suites and our team’s welcome to you. We are dedicated to top notch service that leaves a lasting impression, so thank you for noting the prompt, personal service you received. Sylvia is indeed a gem, and we’re fortunate to have her on our team!

I appreciate you noting our very convenient location, great for walking to the White House just four blocks away, as well as other monuments and sites and areas like Georgetown. It’s great you enjoyed everything on property from your room to a meal in our PostScript restaurant. We’re also very excited to open Chef Jose Garces’ new Argentinian steakhouse at Loews Madison in Summer 2014.

Thank you for choosing Loews Madison, and congratulations again. I hope we can welcome you back again soon for another exceptional stay!

Greensburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel decor was beautiful. Boutique style hotel with a cute lobby, restaurant, and bar area. The parking is approx $50/night so keep that in mind.

The location was ideal to walk to the "mall" and museums.

One problem was at the time of check in. I paid for a premium 2 queen bed room and they only had a deluxe room available They would not refund the difference in price. When you pay that much for a room, you think the customer service would be a bit better if the room size wasn't guaranteed! A bit frustrating to me.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank pennstate99
Dear pennstate99,
Thank you for taking the time to give feedback about your stay. I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel décor, overall environment and restaurant and bar offerings, as well as our central location for exploring DC's monuments, museums and more. I am sorry to learn about the check in issue you reference, and I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you and get more details. Our team has sent you a private message to see if we can obtain information about your reservation that would help us to look into this further. We strive to always provide service and guest interactions that exceed expectations, and I'm disappointed this wasn't the case in your situation. I look forward to hearing from you so we can determine if there is further resolution.

Thank you again for your comments. My direct line is 202-587-2607.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

Stayed in the hotel this past Saturday night. The room and bathroom were very clean, although we did find a penny between our sheets. Not sure what that was about. The decor is lovely, very colonial era. The doormen were very rude as we arrived, they had their backs turned in conversation. We opened our own doors - not expected in a hotel of this caliber. It was very busy when we arrived, had to wait a bit to get checked in. And when our turn was up, the young man who checked us in was very unhelpful. Did not offer the wi-fi code or ask us if we needed anything. Just checked us in and moved on to the next guest. Again, this was not the level of service we expected from a hotel of this caliber. Otherwise, this is in a good central location but it is a bit pricey.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Sally L
GMLoews, Director of Rooms at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Sally L,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback about your stay. I am glad to learn you enjoy our central location, quality of our guest rooms, and found the décor lovely. That said, I’m disappointed hearing the service you experienced was not welcoming and prompt. I apologize that you did not receive the attentive, personalized service you deserve. I also feel confident to assure you this experience was not representative of the service excellence we work toward every day, and for which we are known by many guests based on positive comments we receive. I will take this opportunity to reaffirm with our team members the priority we place on top-notch guest service, from the front door to front desk and at every point of your stay.

Thank you again for your comments, and I hope we will get an opportunity to welcome you again to Loews Madison for a truly memorable stay.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

Having never been to DC, I spent a week (last minute trip) searching for the right hotel- close to the sights, in my price range and well rated/reviewed. We could not be happier with our decision!

From the moment we arrived, we were provided the best service- including excellent restaurant recommendations, help with a little surprise and hooking us up with a personal moonlight monument tour. Amazing. Even more amazing- we turned down a couple of offers to improve our stay even more - we were happy with our room, though offered an upgrade!

I cannot say enough good things about the Loews Madison. We will definitely stay there again when we return to DC.

Tip::: Look for Innocent, the Concierge, when you get there for all the best hints!

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank EBVol
GMLoews, Director of Rooms at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear EBVol,
Thanks very much for taking the time to review your stay – it sounds like others’ feedback helped you choose Loews Madison, so we appreciate you contributing your own. I’m thrilled our service made a big impression from the moment you arrived! This is our number one priority, and we’re fortunate to have a dedicated team. Innocent, one of our concierge, is truly a gem, and his knowledge of the city is a great asset.

I’m happy you could experience the nighttime monument tour- certainly a spectacular way to see Washington. Thank you again choosing Loews Madison- we are grateful. We hope you can make it back to DC before too long, and we would love the opportunity to welcome you again.