We touched base w/Sylvia before we even arrived and when we did Romeo was already out in the street greeting us by name before we even got out of our taxi. Sylvia was at lunch during check-in so wasn't the pinnacle of great service. One thing to know is that thus is a busy hotel, frequented by slot of business travelers. Not a bad thing but we were frequently brushed off and neglected during the first day we were there, I think because everyone is so busy attending to an almost constant stream of check ins and outs. Several of the staff seemed too self important or involved to help us or anyone (lobby, restaurant, up on the floors). In the second day, we finally met Sylvia in person and WHOA, did things turn around after that. Prior to meeting her, I made a mental note never to book at Loews again. Once she was involved, we felt comfortable, she made sure everyone treated us well and she went out of her way to make us feel welcome and special. Our trip was in celebration of my daughter's birthday and Sylvia went above and beyond. My daughter is absolutely in love with her and now loves Loew's. Madison is extremely fortunate to have her, and Romeo treated us the same way. He was always aware of how our day was and asked us when we came in- super personable with kids and everyone. He is a sweet soul. All the other service we received from housekeeping to restaurant to concierge, etc was hit and miss. The guy they sent for shoeshine wasn't nice and kinda strange. I called down for feminine products since I unexpectedly started early and for whatever reason, they sent him with a loose handful of female products up to my room and just handed them off to me kinda rudely. No bag, no discretion. Not a big deal, but that should have been handled better. Some other staff were nice and helpful and others were not. In the restaurant, Robert, Mohamed, Elsa, Ivan and Hirshan (sp?) were great, as were Jenny and Jennifer over near the cafe. The food and drink in the cafe could def be better and less commercialized. The restaurant is not bad, pricey for what you get and nothing special. Most dishes were tasty but left something to be desired. All in all, I think they could really improve in some areas, including certain staff members and food/cafe yet I'd probably come back if the price was right because of Sylvia and Romeo, and the staff later in our stay that ended up being nice. Rooms are clean. Hotel is pretty. The fiat service is great and the girls that run that are really nice. Walking distance to the WH.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Become a part of history when you stay at Loews Madison Hotel. Located in the heart of downtown Washington D.C., our hotel has been honored to host distinguished guests including Elizabeth Taylor and John F. Kennedy. Our unmatched dedication to service has made us the first choice for political and social leaders, global travelers and families seeking the cultural legacy of our nation's capital. Only a short stroll from the White House, Embassy Row, and National Mall Monuments, Loews Madison Hotel is a refreshing destination for corporate stays, relaxing getaways and unforgettable gatherings. Appointed with sophisticated furnishings, our Washington, D.C. hotel features a collection of rooms and suites with amenities fit for a president. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Agoda, Odigeo, TravelUp and Hotels.com so you can book your Loews Madison Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Madison Hotel Washington Dc
- Madison Washington Dc
- Madison Hotel Washington Dc