The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel
Hotel Lombardy(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$230
US$183
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
US$211
US$201
  • Restaurant
State Plaza Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$183
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
US$321
US$284
US$200
US$166
Official Website
  • Restaurant
Phoenix Park Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$230
US$185
US$232
US$194
  • Bar/Lounge
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
US$280
US$251
  • Breakfast included
US$260
US$192
  • Pool
The Watergate Hotel Georgetown(Washington DC)
US$429
US$401
2,435 results
All reviewsrural societywhite housenice hotelroom servicefew blocksmini barwithin walking distancecoffee makerhotel restaurantluxury hotelsight seeingnational mallking bedfitness centervalet parkingdupont circlemetro station
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Rooms have "thin walls" and are on the small side. Didn't feel much of a friendly vibe from the staff here and there was hallway noise outside room late into the night and construction outside the hotel into the night. Apart from the doormen (Ramon and Romeo)and a check-in employee (who is originally from Kenya but don't remember her name), the other staff seemed to lack enthusiasm with providing service. The food at PostScript was delicious; my wife enjoyed the Chicken entree and I ordered the Iron steak which were both very good. We were happy with breakfast as well. Seems like the hotel has great potential if the staff can adjust their attitudes.

Room Tip: Request a room further away from elevator banks.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
GMLoews, General Manager at The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Albert N,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. I’m glad to hear about the elements of our property you enjoyed, from some of our staff’s service standing out, to the menu and great food quality in our on-site PostScript restaurant and lounge. However, I’m certainly disappointed that our service did not exceed your expectations, and I’m sorry it did not feel friendly. We do have a dedicated team who genuinely care about creating personalized, memorable experiences for our guests, but I realize that was not evident to you. This is important feedback for our leadership team to have training moments with staff, so thank you for letting us know.

Regarding the noise outside, the city of D.C. has been completing some construction work in the streets which is outside our control. Although disruptive occurrences like this are infrequent, this can happen from time to time in any urban area, and I’m sorry for the inconvenience it caused you. In regard to internal noise, we will monitor for this although this is seldom a concern we hear from guests.

Thank you again for the feedback.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We touched base w/Sylvia before we even arrived and when we did Romeo was already out in the street greeting us by name before we even got out of our taxi. Sylvia was at lunch during check-in so wasn't the pinnacle of great service. One thing to know is that thus is a busy hotel, frequented by slot of business travelers. Not a bad thing but we were frequently brushed off and neglected during the first day we were there, I think because everyone is so busy attending to an almost constant stream of check ins and outs. Several of the staff seemed too self important or involved to help us or anyone (lobby, restaurant, up on the floors). In the second day, we finally met Sylvia in person and WHOA, did things turn around after that. Prior to meeting her, I made a mental note never to book at Loews again. Once she was involved, we felt comfortable, she made sure everyone treated us well and she went out of her way to make us feel welcome and special. Our trip was in celebration of my daughter's birthday and Sylvia went above and beyond. My daughter is absolutely in love with her and now loves Loew's. Madison is extremely fortunate to have her, and Romeo treated us the same way. He was always aware of how our day was and asked us when we came in- super personable with kids and everyone. He is a sweet soul. All the other service we received from housekeeping to restaurant to concierge, etc was hit and miss. The guy they sent for shoeshine wasn't nice and kinda strange. I called down for feminine products since I unexpectedly started early and for whatever reason, they sent him with a loose handful of female products up to my room and just handed them off to me kinda rudely. No bag, no discretion. Not a big deal, but that should have been handled better. Some other staff were nice and helpful and others were not. In the restaurant, Robert, Mohamed, Elsa, Ivan and Hirshan (sp?) were great, as were Jenny and Jennifer over near the cafe. The food and drink in the cafe could def be better and less commercialized. The restaurant is not bad, pricey for what you get and nothing special. Most dishes were tasty but left something to be desired. All in all, I think they could really improve in some areas, including certain staff members and food/cafe yet I'd probably come back if the price was right because of Sylvia and Romeo, and the staff later in our stay that ended up being nice. Rooms are clean. Hotel is pretty. The fiat service is great and the girls that run that are really nice. Walking distance to the WH.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Rachel C,
Thank you for taking the time to give us this detailed feedback. I’m glad to understand that overall this celebratory stay for your daughter’s birthday had great moments, and your daughter felt welcome and special. Your praise for Sylvia is wonderful, and she is so deserving of it. The same goes for our long-time doorman Romeo. As for Sylvia, she has such a genuine warmth and cares deeply about all our guests’ experiences – we frequently hear top remarks from guests. I’m glad she, and several of the other staff you name, gave you the attentive, personalized service all our guests deserve.

I appreciate you calling to our attention some of your areas of concern. I sincerely apologize you felt neglected at the start of your trip and didn’t receive the top notch service we work on giving at every point of a guest's experience. I will take your feedback to our leadership team to ensure all staff in need of training and service refreshers receive that, and that we continue to improve ourselves. Regarding the restaurant, I’m disappointed by your feedback, as we’ve changed up the menu recently and starting receiving more compliments about the options and food quality. We’ll continue to taste and perfect new dishes as we believe the food experience should be a highlight of your stay.

I’m glad you liked the rooms, and thought the hotel was pretty. I'm excited too that you enjoyed our new FIAT car service which offers complimentary drop-offs in the DC area.

Thank you again for the feedback.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

We went for a weekend for our anniversary. We wanted quite and relaxing. Our room was very comfortable, modern but not over the top, and every single person from the doormen to room service were very polite and helpful. The location is great just a couple of blocks from the White House, with Starbucks and other eateries near by. We had a wonderful time and can't wait to go back again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Lilian S,
Thank you for your review. Congratulations on your anniversary, and I’m so glad it was a memorable stay. I’m happy you liked our renovated, modern and warm décor, and am always excited to hear when our staff’s friendly, professional service is part of our guests’ experiences.

Thanks for mentioning our great location, a few blocks from the White House as you note, as well as restaurants and some conveniences such as a CVS. We just recently opened a Barista Bar in our lobby and lounge area, proudly serving Starbucks Coffee!

We can’t wait to welcome you back. Thank you for choosing Loews Madison Hotel.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Very clean and modern rooms, lovely hotel, delicious casual restaurant on the 1st floor and the most thoughtful, kind and proactive concierge service team. In particular one woman was very friendly, helpful and made my and my boyfriends visit very special (which was also our anniversary). I will be a loyal guest at this property every trip I make to DC. Both work and personal. Properties like this make work travel and being away from home not so bad. Thank you and see you soon!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear JML123452014,
It’s very nice to hear we have earned your loyalty, and we’re grateful for it. Thank you for pointing out our clean rooms and modern décor, and the warm, friendly and helpful service you received from our concierge team. Top notch service is our number one priority, and I’m so glad we could help make your anniversary stay very special. Congratulations!

We do indeed serve both leisure and business travelers all the time, and we’d love to be a “home away from home” for you in DC for either purpose! Thank you so much for choosing Loews Madison, and we’re excited to see you again soon.

Cheers,

Reviewed 24 April 2014

This sharp boutique hotel offers a winning combination of style and warmth. Some of the historic hotels in DC are formal and museum-like whereas the Madison provides the luxury with a staff that is friendly and engaging. The location works well as it is a couple of scenic blocks outside the frenzied hub surrounding the White House and major attractions. Enjoyed the lobby and it's lounge entertainment. Very nice experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Nick W

Dear Nick W,
Thank you for giving some nice, detailed feedback about your Loews Madison experience. You hit on some aspects of the property we work hard on – providing a warm, engaging and dynamic environment, that offers modern style in our historic setting. I’m very happy you experienced our staff’s friendly, personalized service.

Thanks for pointing out our convenient location! We are just four blocks from the White House and near other sites from Embassy Row to the National Mall. I’m glad you enjoyed the live jazz entertainment in our PostScript lounge off the lobby –we’re hosting live music nights Thursday through Saturday.

Hopefully you can visit again this Summer 2014, as we’re gearing up to open a brand new restaurant on property by Iron Chef Jose Garces.

Thank you for choosing Loews Madison.