The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel
Ranked #87 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights. We booked the room about 3 months in advance and requested two travel cots as we were travelling with our 20 month old twins. Central reservations confirmed our request and said that they will give us a king room to accommodate the cots better.

After a long flight from the UK, we arrived at the hotel at 3pm. The receptionist wasn't really helpful and gave us the keys without explaining where the elevator or room were. We arrived to the room to see just one cot. We called them and they said that they will bring another one. Well, it took them more than 5 hours!, which is not ideal when you have two babies really tired after a long trip. Apparently it was a very busy weekend but I believe they should have bear in mind that I made the request 3 months in advance!

The room service was awful, the kids menu is full of salt, which is really surprising. The door men were really unhelpful. On our last day it was raining a lot, we have several suitcases, and the two babies and none of them helped us, they seemed to be more worried about talking to each other or being on the phone.

I will never come back to this hotel when back in Washington.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank gepmo
GMLoews, General Manager at The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Dear Gepmo,
Thank you for letting us know your feedback – it was disappointing to read your comments and certainly not reflective of typical guest feedback for our property. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences during your visit. As a parent, I can certainly understand your frustrations and want you to know that I have personally discussed your experience with my leadership team, including our chef, so we make the corrective actions to ensure top-notch service and food is delivered. Our focus is always to be helpful, friendly and prompt so our guests leave our property with a desire to return. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please feel free to contact me at (202) 587-2660. I can assure you your experience is not typical of our hotel, and I hope you will reconsider visiting us in the future.

Cheraz Ecker

Write a ReviewReviews (2,318)

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I stayed in this hotel in April 2014. Unfortunately, I got ill as I arrived there. The hotel staff were amazing! They called a doctor, who arrived within an hour; he was very good. They served meals promptly in my room, and brought me all I needed. Every morning the concierge would call me to inquire how I was and if I needed something. They were extremely kind and helpful.
It is not nice to be ill when travelling, but the hotel staff made me feel protected. I am very grateful
The rest was all nice, good food, pleasant room, etc

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
GMLoews, General Manager at The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear StephanyJ_12,
Thank you very much for taking time to review your experience. I’m sorry to hear you fell ill while traveling but am so pleased by how well our Loews Madison team took care of you. You’re right, being sick during travel is extra unpleasant – I know our staff understands that, and it sounds like their genuine care and concern was very evident. I’m glad we could quickly get a doctor for you and attend to all your needs promptly. I hope our staff’s kind attitudes helped you through the situation, and you were on the mend quickly.

Now, it sounds like another trip to DC is in order! I hope we will have the chance to welcome you again to Loews Madison and pamper you. Thanks again for the kind words and feedback.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I had to spend a few days down in DC for work and then for personal reasons. I feel terrible that I don't remember the name of the agent that checked me in but she was UBELIEVABLELY warm and welcoming! The doormen were always good for a warm "hello" and "have a great day" when flying in out and out of the hotel all day for meetings. The rooms are really spacious, calming and wonderfully comfortable. Since I am a gadget geek I appreciated outlets at every turn!

If you are ever craving a good soup and sandwich don't forget to order the Roast Pork Sandwich from In-Room Dining!

Worth the extra $$$ every time, trust me, you will see the value!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank nycnrf00

Dear nycnrf00,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate your kinds words about our team and the overall comfortable environment we work hard to create. I’m delighted to hear our staff made a great impression. We’re fortunate to have passionate team members, from the doormen, to our welcoming front desk crew to concierge, housekeeping, and beyond.

Thanks for pointing out the little touches, like outlets throughout guest rooms for your convenience. We strive for our rooms to be a welcoming retreat, and I’m glad you felt this way.

I’ll pass on your dining kudos to our culinary team! They have added several new menu items, and our team is excitedly preparing to open a new on-property restaurant this summer 2014, an Argentinian steakhouse by Iron Chef Jose Garces!

We look forward to welcoming you back for business and pleasure, and hope to see you soon at Loews Madison!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

This hotel is beautifully decorated and the staff tries super hard to please! It is better than some hotels rated five stars. Loew's relationship with Fiat provides some free transportation with is strictly plus!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear sbp0713,
Thank you for your review. I’m pleased you enjoyed our property so much, from our friendly service to our renovated décor. We do have a dedicated team who make service their top priority and who have a passion for caring for our guests and helping create uniquely local experiences.

I’m excited you mention our FIAT partnership which offers free, chauffeured drop-off rides to our guests. It’s offered daily for rides to many locations throughout DC and has become extremely popular with our guests. We recommend to other guests getting a reservation in advance of your stay if you can. Great that you took advantage of this!

Thank you for choosing Loews Madison, and we hope to welcome you back anytime you visit DC.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I truly enjoyed my stay here. We arrived at 11:00 a.m. expecting to check our bags and not get into our room until much later, but we were pleasantly surprised to get right into our room. The room was comfortable, especially our bed. Everyone we encountered was friendly and genuine about it. I will definitely stay here again when I visit DC! I only wish I had seen the parking deal before hand--would have loved to save $50!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
GMLoews, General Manager at The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Ashley P,
We appreciate you taking the time to review us. I’m very happy you had a great experience and will stay with Loews Madison again during future DC trips. It’s always nice when we’re running ahead of schedule and can start guests off with a check-in as early as possible.

I’m glad the room and bed gave you a comfortable stay, and that this was complimented by our friendly, caring staff. We make top notch service our priority! I do encourage you to check out our special offers page on the Loews Madison website, and our Loews Madison Facebook page, for offers which can include free parking and a range of other amenities and conveniences for guests.

Thank you for choosing Loews Madison. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

I booked the Loews Madison as an Expedia secret hotel and I was chuffed when I found out that it was this one as it had great reviews. Good free Wi-Fi and a comfortable quiet room. Good location for sightseeing. We went when the cherry blossoms were in full bloom and it was brilliant.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear ColinSchnauzer,
Thank you for your review. It’s wonderful to know you were pleased at booking with us and had a great stay. I’m glad you enjoyed our free Wifi, offered in all guest rooms, and found the rooms comfortable. We’re fortunate to be in a fantastic location, just four blocks from the White House and in a prime spot for other sightseeing. Cherry Blossom season is just about our favorite time of year in Washington, DC –it’s spectacular, and I’m excited you came during full bloom!

I hope we’ll get the chance to welcome you again to Loews Madison anytime your travels bring you to Washington, DC.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Rooms have "thin walls" and are on the small side. Didn't feel much of a friendly vibe from the staff here and there was hallway noise outside room late into the night and construction outside the hotel into the night. Apart from the doormen (Ramon and Romeo)and a check-in employee (who is originally from Kenya but don't remember her name), the other staff seemed to lack enthusiasm with providing service. The food at PostScript was delicious; my wife enjoyed the Chicken entree and I ordered the Iron steak which were both very good. We were happy with breakfast as well. Seems like the hotel has great potential if the staff can adjust their attitudes.

Room Tip: Request a room further away from elevator banks.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Albert N,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. I’m glad to hear about the elements of our property you enjoyed, from some of our staff’s service standing out, to the menu and great food quality in our on-site PostScript restaurant and lounge. However, I’m certainly disappointed that our service did not exceed your expectations, and I’m sorry it did not feel friendly. We do have a dedicated team who genuinely care about creating personalized, memorable experiences for our guests, but I realize that was not evident to you. This is important feedback for our leadership team to have training moments with staff, so thank you for letting us know.

Regarding the noise outside, the city of D.C. has been completing some construction work in the streets which is outside our control. Although disruptive occurrences like this are infrequent, this can happen from time to time in any urban area, and I’m sorry for the inconvenience it caused you. In regard to internal noise, we will monitor for this although this is seldom a concern we hear from guests.

Thank you again for the feedback.