We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights. We booked the room about 3 months in advance and requested two travel cots as we were travelling with our 20 month old twins. Central reservations confirmed our request and said that they will give us a king room to accommodate the cots better.
After a long flight from the UK, we arrived at the hotel at 3pm. The receptionist wasn't really helpful and gave us the keys without explaining where the elevator or room were. We arrived to the room to see just one cot. We called them and they said that they will bring another one. Well, it took them more than 5 hours!, which is not ideal when you have two babies really tired after a long trip. Apparently it was a very busy weekend but I believe they should have bear in mind that I made the request 3 months in advance!
The room service was awful, the kids menu is full of salt, which is really surprising. The door men were really unhelpful. On our last day it was raining a lot, we have several suitcases, and the two babies and none of them helped us, they seemed to be more worried about talking to each other or being on the phone.
I will never come back to this hotel when back in Washington.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sophisticated retreat with historic charm, The Madison, a Hilton Hotel is just steps from K Street, and only blocks from the White House, the city’s convention center and two Metro stations. Walk to Dupont Circle and McPherson Square. This heart-of-downtown location makes the hotel convenient for sightseeing, conferences and business. We are five miles from Washington National Airport. Our service-centered hotel boasts PostScript Restaurant and Lounge, fabulous event space for up to 500, a sauna and steam room in the health club, and some suites with balconies. We are also family- and pet-friendly. Each guest room, suite and accessible accommodation has free WiFi, a flat-screen TV and comfy bathrobe. On higher floors, our suites offer free premium-plus WiFi, a coffeemaker and a sofa bed in the living area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Madison Hotel Washington Dc
- Madison Washington Dc
- Madison Hotel Washington Dc