“great hotel great location” 5 of 5 bubbles

Loews Madison Hotel
Ranked #72 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersBronze level
Llandudno, United Kingdom
“great hotel great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

very friendly reception and great room, could use fridge for own purposes which was ideal as we preferred to buy our own breakfast and eat in. Great location, easy to find, and 5/10 mins from metro when needed. Concierge Milan was extremely friendly and efficient, thank you.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank MikeLinda23
GMLoewsMadison, Director of Rooms at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear MikeLinda23,
Thank you for staying with us recently and sharing your feedback. We were very happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and all of the services provided. We apologize that you were unaware that we do have refrigerators available upon request for our guests. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back anytime you are in the DC area.

Warm regards,
Justin Adam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

I've stayed at (first) "The Madison" and (now) "Loews Madison" about half-a-dozen times. Some rooms are better than others - I've had a few tiny and/or odd-shaped rooms and a few nice, big, well laid-out rooms.

All rooms are comfortably equipped: comfortable bedding, a comfy chair to sit in, real glasses to drink out of, an umbrella in case you forgot yours, a robe, heat/air conditioning and hot water/cold water is never a problem, etc., etc. The building is older, but has been very well maintained - you'll certainly have no 'old and beat-up' complaints.

The windows are (not sure what to call it) "noise proofed" against street noise. Only when an ambulance goes by will you hear anything, and even then only barely. And if you get a room facing inward, you won't hear a thing.

The exercise room was well thought-out: air-conditioned, a fridge with water and towels, free weights, mirrors, TV's, etc.

The hotel is located in a "good" section of town. On many occasions I've taken a solo walk late in the evening and never felt unsafe in the area.

My only complaint are the odd-shaped rooms, and those really aren't bad (I've certainly seen worse). Recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank 376JohnnyS
Dear 376JohnnyS,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts from your recent stay. We were very happy to hear all of the positive comments and the appreciation you have for our wonderful hotel. We were delighted to know that you have enjoyed the various aspects and the transition of the Madison to the Loews Madison. We are excited to know that you will recommend our hotel to all your family and friends and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

My spouse and I stayed here the weekend of May 2-4 and had a wonderful stay. We arrived early around 11am on Friday and they were able to check us into our 6th floor deluxe king room. I was impressed they allowed early checkin and we were quite happy having had an early flight and we just wanted to nap. Our room was spacious and the king bed was really comfortable. The bathroom was a good size and had premium toilletries. The OnDemand movie selection was pretty good, though expensive ($18 for newer movies!) Depsite this, it was our weekend getaway and worth the splurge. We ordered room service one night and it was quick. Overall, we were impressed with the service at the hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Dan M,
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback from your recent stay. We were very happy to hear that you were able to check in early and start your getaway off on the right foot. It was great to read how much you enjoyed our rooms and how comfortable you found the beds. We appreciate your thoughts and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards,
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

I recently went to Washington DC for a conference. The conference hotel was booked and so I booked at Loews Madison. This hotel was just better than the conference hotel according to friends that was staying at the conference hotel. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable about the surrounding area. The only knock I have would is better equipment in the fitness center is a must have.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

GMLoews, General Manager at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear John B,
Thank you for your review. I’m excited you got the chance to try Loews Madison and that you enjoyed your stay during the conference. We always focus on friendly, personalized service so I’m glad you experienced this and got tips from our knowledgeable staff. Regarding our 24-hour fitness center, we are currently looking at how we can make improvements, and I appreciate you providing us with this feedback.

I hope we will get the chance to welcome you again to Loews Madison should your travels bring you back to Washington, DC.

Warm regards,
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

In town for one night only, one night only and had some points to burn so I chose this hotel. To keep it short and sweet the service and hotel rooms were nice. The bed was nice, comfy and I got some good sleep. I did not get a chance to have breakfast and try room service or test out the gym. I did have a drink and food at the bar and juan took great care of me. Only problem that sticks out is that when we pulled up to check in the door guys didn't ask did we need help nor say anything to us! We were the only people out front. They were too busy talking! Get it together guys! If I had paid money this would have been a problem.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Playerham42,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I’m pleased you found our hotel and overall service nice and enjoyed a comfortable night’s sleep. Although your trip was too short to try all our offerings, I’m glad you enjoyed the food and drink at our PostScript restaurant and bar. I want to apologize for the lapse in service at your arrival and any inconvenience this caused you. It’s our priority to provide welcoming service from the very first moment, to the last, and I have discussed your concerns with my team to ensure top notch service is always delivered. Thank you for providing us with feedback – it’s critical to ensure we’re exceeding our guests’ expectations.

Thank you for choosing Loews Madison. I hope we will have the chance to welcome you back, anytime you travel to DC. Coming in Summer 2014, we’re excited to open a new restaurant by Iron Chef Jose Garces, so perhaps you will get the chance to check it out.

Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

The service of the hotel was great and very attentive to our need. We were early to check in so they allowed us to use the large bathrooms in the fitness centre to freshen up after our flight and stored our luggage for us. Rooms facing the street are a little bit nosy, I would try to get a room on the other side. Also, the concierge is very helpful. However, I would not use the Bus tour they recommend, called Big Bus. I would do the Trolley tour instead.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GMLoews, General Manager at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear fashionfinds,
Thank you for your review. I’m glad to learn you experienced great, attentive service - something that is always our focus! We’re eager to accommodate guests in any way we can and realize early arrivals happen, so I’m glad it worked out for you to be able to freshen up in our fitness center restrooms.

I’m excited you had the opportunity to meet our vibrant, knowledgeable concierge team. They know the city very well and make a number of different recommendations based on guests’ preferences. Thanks for adding your tip for other travelers. Regarding room choice, in any urban setting, street-facing rooms can experience some city noise, although we’re pleased by the positive guest rooms feedback we frequently receive.

Thank you very much for choosing Loews Madison! I hope we will have the chance to welcome you back anytime you visit DC.

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights. We booked the room about 3 months in advance and requested two travel cots as we were travelling with our 20 month old twins. Central reservations confirmed our request and said that they will give us a king room to accommodate the cots better.

After a long flight from the UK, we arrived at the hotel at 3pm. The receptionist wasn't really helpful and gave us the keys without explaining where the elevator or room were. We arrived to the room to see just one cot. We called them and they said that they will bring another one. Well, it took them more than 5 hours!, which is not ideal when you have two babies really tired after a long trip. Apparently it was a very busy weekend but I believe they should have bear in mind that I made the request 3 months in advance!

The room service was awful, the kids menu is full of salt, which is really surprising. The door men were really unhelpful. On our last day it was raining a lot, we have several suitcases, and the two babies and none of them helped us, they seemed to be more worried about talking to each other or being on the phone.

I will never come back to this hotel when back in Washington.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank gepmo
GMLoews, General Manager at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Dear Gepmo,
Thank you for letting us know your feedback – it was disappointing to read your comments and certainly not reflective of typical guest feedback for our property. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences during your visit. As a parent, I can certainly understand your frustrations and want you to know that I have personally discussed your experience with my leadership team, including our chef, so we make the corrective actions to ensure top-notch service and food is delivered. Our focus is always to be helpful, friendly and prompt so our guests leave our property with a desire to return. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please feel free to contact me at (202) 587-2660. I can assure you your experience is not typical of our hotel, and I hope you will reconsider visiting us in the future.