2,588 results
All reviews rural society white house nice hotel room service few blocks mini bar within walking distance hotel restaurant sight seeing national mall fitness center valet parking metro stop dupont circle loews concierge lobby
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The hotel is very close to the White House and other atractions. It also has a subway station in aproximately two blocks.

The room was very clean and confortable; it had a king bed, an armchair, a desk and HD Television. It also has free wi-fi. Also the bathroom was very modern and clean.

If I travel back to DC I will certainlty go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GMLoews, General Manager at The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear EliasDiaz,
Thank you for reviewing your Loews Madison stay. I’m delighted you had a nice stay and enjoyed our excellent location. As you highlight, we are 4 blocks to the White House, walking distance, and close to other popular D.C. attractions, from monuments to Embassy Row. Also, there are two different Metro/subway stations in close proximity, offering three train line options- the closest one is about 2 ½ blocks.

It’s great to learn you were comfortable in the room and enjoyed the free WiFi and furniture- we do offer rooms with different bed options, such as a king bed or two queen beds.

We hope you will stay with us again if you have the opportunity to travel to Washington, D.C.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We just returned from our mini getaway in Washington DC and were so pleased with our experience at the LM. The hotel shines with cleanliness and care. From the moment we arrived, the staff made certain everything went exactly as we hoped it would.

The rooms are very comfortable, updated and well appointed. Everything you need including mini bar, iphone ready alarm clock. Beds, extremely comfortable.

During our stay we took advantage of using the complimentary FIAT rides to get us to some of our destinations. This was a partnership between Loews and FIAT to offer a free (NO HASSLE) courtesy ride within a certain radius of the hotel...what a great way to get a free ride and check out the car. We used it twice and many thanks to Brandon our driver and Kalib who coordinated our times.

I would highly recommend this hotel as it was central to everything we wanted to see and well within walking distance of most of the sites (10 mins from The White House).

Just a note for travelers coming in from Dulles Int. Airport. I recommend the following method of travel...catch the Washington Flyer (Door 4 Arrivals)...pay $10 and it will take you to the West Falls Metro Station. Depending on time of arrival (during peak hours it costs a little more to take the Metro), you simply take the Orange Line to McPherson Station. Go up to street level and the Loews Madison is less than a 5 min walk north (on the east side). Could not be more simple and I believe its the cheapest way. From Dulles it took us about an hour and a bit.

BTW...almost everything we did was free. I was expecting to pay to get into some of the monuments/sites but all Smithsonian Museums, the Zoo, Arlington etc were all free. Great family getaway for those on a budget.

Hope this helps...good place for sure and we will be back with friends and family.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BernieMc

Dear BernieMc,
Thank you very much for your feedback. I’m absolutely delighted you had such an enjoyable getaway stay, and everything was just as you’d hoped from the first moment. Thank you for mentioning the care we take with our property, which we strive to make evident in every detail from our team members’ attentive service to top notch cleanliness in every room.

I’m glad you were comfortable and had all the amenities you needed. As you mention, our central and convenient location is a top reason to stay here, and I’m glad you could take advantage and walk to many sites including the White House.

Our FIAT partnership is meant to be an extra convenience for guests, and I’m excited you enjoyed the complimentary ride service. For others considering it, we recommend making reservations in advance, if possible, as it gains in popularity with our guests – for planning purposes, it’s a drop-off service for destinations within a 3-mile radius (which covers many main DC attractions), currently offered from 11:30 am – 6:45 pm.

Thanks for your note about travel options from Dulles, and hopefully that will help other visitors. You’re correct that we are a 7-10 minute walk, depending on pace, from the Metro’s Orange and Blue Lines at McPherson Square station.

Washington, DC, has what seem to be countless free options from museums to galleries - indeed a great destination for families, and all kinds of travelers!

Thank you for choosing Loews Madison, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed here in March 2014 for a business trip and I have to say, it was amazing. I am often limited to lesser quality hotels, so when the published rates said Loew's was within policy, I jumped on it--especially since it was practically across the street from where I was working. The lobby was very impressive, the doormen and the valet always had a smile and a compliment...the staff at the front desk were warm and welcoming, and my room was very impressive! My bed was cozy, and the pillows were perfect. The restaurant was a little pricey for my typical budget, and I was observing orthodox Lent, so menu choices were tough at times. But the food was delicious. I didn't do a lot of exploring around town that week because it was still pretty cold for that time of year. I did find a Thai restaurant within walking distance that was fantastic (except for the fried tofu that I got...yuck!) I am hoping that job comes up on my radar in the future so that I can stay there again. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank GreyhoundGirlie

Dear GreyhoundGirlie,
Thank you for the review. Wow, we so appreciate your “amazing” remarks, and I’m delighted you were impressed with the Loews Madison. I’m glad it was a convenient location and that our friendly, attentive staff made a great impression on you. Our team members are dedicated to service that delights, surprises and makes our guests feel at home – I shared your praise with the team!

I’m glad you were so comfortable and cozy in the room and found some delicious food options in our PostScript restaurant. Since you didn’t have a lot of time to explore, I can tell you we are a short walk to the bustling dining scene on 14th St. Also, this summer 2014 we’re thrilled to be opening our new restaurant, Rural Society, an Argentinian Steakhouse by Iron Chef Jose Garces! Hopefully you can visit again very soon, and plan to dine in our brand new restaurant.

Thank you for choosing Loews Madison Hotel.

Cheers,

Reviewed 1 June 2014

There are no coffee makers in the room, although my very recent AAA book said there were. They want you to buy their coffee in the Starbucks downstairs; Also, no refrigerator or microwaves. They gave us a Keurig, but did not replace coffee each day and halfway thru our stay, the Keurig stopped working, we asked for a replacement which they did not give us. Also, we got an email with an option to upgrade the room for a "view" for $12 additional per night. The "view" was a building across the street, there is no "view" of the city. Don't bother with this upgrade. Its a rip off. The room was smaller than I thought it would be for the price. We had to ask for wash towels a few times, and more coffee for the Keurig machine which we never got. We tried to get the Fiat complimentary ride but was told were we wanted to go was "too far". Then don't offer the service. For the price, I would not stay her again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Mmkern
GMLoews, General Manager at The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Mmkern,
Thank you for providing feedback about your stay. You are correct we do not have coffee makers in the room, which is reflected in our Loews communications. I regret to learn that information was out of date in your AAA book and am sorry for the frustration it caused. We do now have a Barista Bar in our lobby area, serving several Starbucks Coffee and beverage options. Regarding the arrangements we made for your specially requested coffee maker, I sincerely apologize it stopped working and your requests were not met.

The views we offer are either interior or exterior views, the latter of which provides a street view except for some of our top floor suites. I’m sorry if there was a miscommunication and that the upgrade did not meet your expectations. We always strive to exceed our guests’ expectations and to improve when we do not, so thank you for letting us know.

Our FIAT partnership is meant to be an extra convenience for guests, and we currently have two vehicles in service offering complimentary rides from 11:30am to 6:45pm daily. It is a drop-off service for destinations within a 3-mile radius of the hotel which covers the majority of DC attractions and neighborhoods including the White House, the National Mall and monuments, Smithsonian Museums, Arlington Cemetery, Georgetown, Kennedy Center and more. For others considering this service, we do recommend making reservations in advance, if possible, as it continues to gain popularity with our guests.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We just stayed here 6 nights and though the hotel room was clean and comfortable, my family would not stay here again. Here are the Pros & Cons that we found for this hotel.

Pros: Clean Room, Comfortable Beds, Close to the White House & Subway
Cons: No Ice Machine (so we had to rent a refrigerator for $25 to have cold water), no Coffee Machine in the Room (because they want you to buy their Starbucks coffee downstairs), not the greatest room service (after 3 days without new shampoo/conditioner, we had to call and ask for it), and no customer service (none!)

When we approached the Concierge to ask about the Memorial Weekend festivities, she gave us a blank stare and it was obvious she didn't know. She was completely clueless. When we tried to use the Fiat for free transportation within the area, we were told it was booked for the next several hours. I said that the website states it is "first come, first serve" and she said yes exactly. I guess their definition of reservations is a little different than most.

When I go on vacation, I like to stay in a 4 star (or 5 star hotel if affordable) to feel pampered and taken care of while I'm away from home. This hotel did nothing to make me feel special, pampered, taken care of, or even welcomed.

These complaints may not matter to some of you and depending on the price, it might be the right hotel for you but I was disappointed and will try another property next time. Good luck.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank alominac

Dear alominac,
Thank you for reviewing your stay. I appreciate that you found our property to have clean and comfortable rooms and a convenient location, close to the White House and three Metro lines. That said, I’m disappointed with some of the shortfalls you experienced.

Although we are newly renovated, our hotel is an older building that doesn’t accommodate guest floor ice machines. We are actively looking into options for self-service ice for our guests, and right now we have it available 24 hours a day through our front desk or room service. In regards to coffee offerings, we do have a Barista Bar in our lobby serving several Starbucks Coffee and beverage options. I sincerely apologize for the lapse in service by housekeeping. Please know, this is not our standard and toiletry items should be replenished daily upon usage. I have brought your concerns to our Director of Housekeeping to address them immediately.

Regarding our concierge, I am very surprised to read your comments as many of our guests let us know how the concierge helped them explore and enjoy DC, but I appreciate your feedback and have discussed it with the team.

Our FIAT service, offered daily 11:30am – 6:45pm, has quickly become popular with guests, and for that reason we recommend making a ride reservation in advance if possible. I’m sorry if there was any miscommunication, although in looking at our sites I am unable to find the statement you reference. However, I will continue working with my team to root out any misleading information. I truly apologize that your experience did not live up to your expectations. I do appreciate your time sharing your feedback so that we can ensure future guests do not have similar experiences.

Thank you again for your feedback.