2,565 results
All reviewsrural societywhite housenice hotelroom servicefew blocksmini barwithin walking distancehotel restaurantsight seeingnational mallfitness centervalet parkingmetro stopdupont circleloewsconciergelobby
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We enjoyed the friendly staff and great service. Our room was super clean, comfortable beds but no coffee maker in room(there is a Starbucks in lobby). Any questions we had about directions staff helped out. We also used the free Fiat service. Fiat will drive you to any location within 3 miles of the hotel for free starting at 11:30am. Down the street is Cornerstone- a great place for breakfast.. Over all we found this to be an A+ hotel

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank stkitts905
GMLoews, General Manager at The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear stkitts905,
Wow, thank you very much for the A+ rating and feedback. We’re excited you found us to be excellent, and thank you for highlighting our friendly, knowledgeable staff and their dedication to top notch guest service.

I’m glad you took advantage of our FIAT partnership and complimentary drop-off service for guests!! You are spot on, we offer guests drop-off rides (one way) within a 3-mile radius of the hotel, which covers so many main DC attractions. We do want guests to know we currently have two vehicles and drivers, and it’s a popular service, so we recommend calling ahead and looking into advance reservations before making plans. Of course, we're always happy to help guests with transportation plans, including hailing a taxi, directions to the Metro and more.

Thank you again for taking the time to review Loews Madison. We hope to have the pleasure of having you stay with us again when you travel to D.C.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 10 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at the hotel for a weekend in May. The location so close to the White House was excellent. However, I was the victim of theft at this hotel.
We left our luggage with the bell staff after checking out so we could have a few more hours to roam the city. It turns out the stored luggage from guests is not kept in a locked room, as one would expect. Nope, it's left out for all to see, in an alcove near the elevators and the entrance to the convention centre. With no staff member keeping an eye on it.
The only thing valuable I had in my luggage were a pair of expensive headphones. When we returned to the hotel to retrieve our luggage about 3 hours later, the zipper on my bag was open and the headphones were gone.
The manager had me fill out what happened on a form and said he would let me know about making a claim. I have heard nothing. I emailed the hotel days later, and again heard nothing. In a last ditch attempt at getting some sort of response or apology, I emailed the Loews head office. Still nothing.
Very disappointing service for a five-star hotel.

6  Thank NatashaYYZ

Dear NatashaYYZ,
Thank you so much for staying with us recently and sharing your experience. We are delighted that you found our location to be excellent, however we are very disappointed to hear about your issue involving a missing item. The security of our guests is of the utmost priority. You can rest assured that we do have a secured luggage storage room, so I am disappointed to learn of this missing item and your not hearing a response while trying to inquire about the process. I have already ensured that our Director of Security reached out to you directly to come to the proper resolution. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and I am terribly sorry for the issue. Should you have further questions or items to discuss since the last conversation with our Director of Security, of course please contact us at any time at 202-862-1600. Thank you again for staying at the Loews Madison Hotel.

Cheraz Ecker

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed 3 nights. Found the location to be in a safe walking area very close to mcphereson square metro and just a few blocks from The Nat'l Mall. In a pleasant area of town with restaurants, CVS all within blocks. Peets coffee was across the street and Starbucks a couple blocks down. Staff were friendly and attentive. The doorman always welcomed us and held the door. Unlike some hotels where there are few staff members around, the staffing ratio in the bar/restaurant and hotel itself seemed high which assures quicker service. Food was high quality. Enjoyed drinks and live music on Saturday night in the restaurant/bar. Nicely decorated and clean rooms. Had an issue with noise coming from a nearby room which was handled promptly be security. Had an issue with the phone which was handled promptly by engineering. Not much to complain about here. My only complaint, and I have this complaint about almost every hotel I stay in, is that they are in the business of sleep and yet the rooms are not even close to being made to keep noise out to afford a good night sleep. I wore earplugs due to traffic noise outside and people talking in the halls and the "dings" of the elevator. I would definitely stay again if I was in the area. Several reviews for this hotel complain about no ice maker or coffee pot in the room - seriously, stay in a Holiday Inn or other lower level hotel if you are worried about that.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
GMLoews, General Manager at The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Nerzie,
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience. We’re very happy to hear you had an enjoyable stay and appreciated our central location in D.C., in a safe area close to the White House and attractions and conveniences like CVS and Starbucks. We also have a Barista Bar in our lobby offering several Starbucks beverages.

I’m delighted you enjoyed the food in our restaurant, and the live jazz music entertainment which we currently offer Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings. It sounds like the issues you encountered were quickly resolved by our team, which I’m so happy to learn.

Thank you for your feedback about traffic noise. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. Although we infrequently hear noise concerns from our guests, as with any large city, there can be periods of more external noise with heavier traffic.

Thank you again for the feedback, and for choosing Loews Madison Hotel. I hope we can welcome you back anytime you travel to DC.

Cheraz Ecker

Reviewed 7 June 2014

When booking a 4-5 star hotel, there are certain expectations when it comes to service and care. This includes not being yelled at by the bell hop for smoking half a block away from the entrance, not having a man barge in the middle of the night and hover over my bed, unplugged showers and clean sheets. The carpet hadn't been shampooed in god knows how long. I've had my fair share of traveling and I know what constitutes a good hotel vs. a bad hotel and Loews Madison seriously needs to reevaluate now it conducts it's business and hospitality.

2  Thank Susan270573

Dear Susan270573,
Thank you for taking the time to write and express your concerns. We are extremely disappointed in reading about your experience. As expressed in the message we sent you, we would like to understand more details and would appreciate the opportunity to connect with you directly and get more information. I can assure you that your comments are not customary feedback or representative of the positive experiences we learn about from guests via surveys and reviews.

As highlighted to you, our search of guest records and past manager reports does not indicate we have information regarding the incident you describe. I would welcome a call from you to discuss this, at (202) 862-1600. Thank you again for your feedback, and I hope to hear from you to learn more so we can ensure all our guests receive the service and experiences they deserve at Loews Madison.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

The hotel is very close to the White House and other atractions. It also has a subway station in aproximately two blocks.

The room was very clean and confortable; it had a king bed, an armchair, a desk and HD Television. It also has free wi-fi. Also the bathroom was very modern and clean.

If I travel back to DC I will certainlty go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear EliasDiaz,
Thank you for reviewing your Loews Madison stay. I’m delighted you had a nice stay and enjoyed our excellent location. As you highlight, we are 4 blocks to the White House, walking distance, and close to other popular D.C. attractions, from monuments to Embassy Row. Also, there are two different Metro/subway stations in close proximity, offering three train line options- the closest one is about 2 ½ blocks.

It’s great to learn you were comfortable in the room and enjoyed the free WiFi and furniture- we do offer rooms with different bed options, such as a king bed or two queen beds.

We hope you will stay with us again if you have the opportunity to travel to Washington, D.C.