The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Wyndham(Washington DC)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
Kimpton Donovan Hotel(Washington DC)
Capital Hilton(Washington DC)
  • Room Service
Washington Plaza Hotel(Washington DC)
2,407 results
All reviewsrural societywhite housenice hotelroom servicefew blocksmini barwithin walking distancecoffee makerhotel restaurantluxury hotelsight seeingnational mallking bedfitness centervalet parkingdupont circlemetro station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Everything was perfect! The staff made us feel like VIP. The rooms were beautiful, amenities galore, and concierge was excellent. We were on our honeymoon and brought us a staff signed greeting card, fruit & cheese platter, a bottle of wine, and upgraded our room to a suite!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GMLoews, General Manager at The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Rhiannon S,
Thank you very much for reviewing your experience. Congratulations are in order for your recent marriage! I’m so happy to learn that our team members and our property provided you a perfect experience for your honeymoon. Our staff is committed to excellent service, and it’s always exciting for us to meet guests during special occasions and celebrations. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how our team members’ efforts made your experience memorable, and please know I have shared your comments with them.

Thank you very much for choosing Loews Madison in Washington, DC, and I sincerely hope you will return anytime your travels bring you to Washington, DC.

Cheers,
Cheraz Ecker, General Manager

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

The staff here was great. From the moment we parked our car with the valet, check in at the front desk, questions for the concierge, water from the restaurant staff, everyone was very friendly and extremely helpful. Thank you everyone!!!

The hotel lobby is nice and the hotel restaurant and bar is smartly decorated. The room was nicely decorated as well with design carpet, nice bed linens and pillows, with a nice bathroom with granite countertops and great towels. The beds and pillows are very comfortable.

We used the public bike system during our stay and there is a bike station around the corner and a bike path from the hotel directly to the White House which leads you to the Washington mall. The bike system in DC is awesome. You can download an app and it will show you where all of the bike stations are and if there are open stations to drop your bike off or if there is a bike available.

Also there is a full service Starbucks bar in the hotel.

I recommend this hotel for business or family vacation, it's a great place.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank VETJET1

Dear VETJET1,
Thank you very much for reviewing your Loews Madison stay. I am delighted you had such an enjoyable visit and took the opportunity to explore the city! It’s wonderful to hear that our staff made a lasting impression, as excellent and personalized service is our top priority. I have shared your praises with the team! It’s also very nice to know you enjoy our property’s décor, both in the guest rooms and our lobby, restaurant and bar, as well as the new Starbucks barista bar we opened near the front desk.

It’s great that you pointed out the bike system in DC, which is one fun and interactive way to explore the city and its many attractions. As you noted, we are just a couple blocks from a Capital Bikeshare rental station, as well as being walking distance to the White House and several Metro lines.

Thank you again for your comments. We appreciate you choosing Loews Madison, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Warm regards,
Cheraz Ecker, General Manager

Reviewed 30 June 2014

The first room I checked into still had remnants of feminine products in the trash that had not been taken out and the bed was not made. The glasses in the second room were simply turned over and not cleaned. I found a dried "glob" of white powder in the bottom of one glass. The third room (yes, I was moved three times) had an old, empty coke can lying underneath the TV stand.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
4  Thank Wendell M
GMLoews, General Manager at The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Wendell M,
Thank you very much for your time to provide feedback. Please accept my most sincere apologies for the frustrating and unsatisfactory experience you had with our rooms. I have gone over your points with our Director of Housekeeping to ensure corrective actions are taken moving forward. Your experience is not typical for our property, and I hope you will consider giving us another opportunity to host you at a future date. Please feel free to contact me directly, and I will personally ensure your experience is flawless.

Cheraz Ecker, General Manger
202-862-1600

Reviewed 30 June 2014

While the hotel was gorgeous, in a great location, and we had an amazing room (the shower was to die for), my husband and I were not impressed by the staff upon our arrival or at our departure. While we only stayed one night, there were some displeasing events that occurred. I will say that the managers were kind as were the doormen. The other staff left much to be desired.

#1 - when we arrived, we went to the garage, assuming that we could park the car ourselves and avoid the $50 valet charge that the website indicated - just finding that there is a charge on the hotel.com review was difficult and if it hadn't been for the tinniest asterisk ever and my diligence to find it, I don't think that I could have! When we got to the garage we were told that we couldn't park in there and that the hotel would park us. We didn't want and were avoiding the cost of valet but the hotel staff made it appear that valet was the only recourse. Needless to say I was more than annoyed to find the valet charge on our check out.

#2 - upon arrival I checked us in. I was informed that we would have to pay a "no show" fee as we had not come the day before. Thank goodness for smart phones as I was able to pull it out and contest these erroneous charges at the beginning of our stay. I figured that this would be sufficient, but alas, it was not. At the end of our stay, we were again informed of the "no show" fee. The manager however was kind enough to remove the charge after I forwarded her the email. I was very disappointed as I believe some people would have considered it their fault and not contested this charge as I did.

#3 - during breakfast, neither my husband or I was asked how our meal was. When you are paying $15+ per person for a nice hotel breakfast it is courteous of the staff to ask if you actually are enjoying it rather than just leaving the bill on your table and making you feel rushed. Overall, I was not disappointed by the quality of the hotel and if the staffing situation change, or they were trained more completely, I would want to stay there again - as long as I can park my own car.

The only negative about the room was that the privacy - you could hear EVERYTHING through those walls if you stood in the hallway.

Room Tip: You can hear everything from the hallway - try and get an end room and one not by the elevator if you would like privacy.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon A

Dear Sharon A,
Thank you very much for providing feedback about your stay. We are glad to learn that your overall opinion of our property is positive, however I am disappointed that you were dissatisfied with a few aspects of your visit. Like many luxury downtown hotel properties, we only provide valet parking, and I’m sorry this was a disappointment.

I’m glad that challenges to your reservation were resolved prior to departure. Please accept my sincerest apologies that you felt rushed while you were dining in the restaurant. I have shared your comments with the restaurant manager to help improve service.

Thank you again for your comments, and for staying with Loews Madison.

Cheraz Ecker, General Manger

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Stayed for 4 nights recently. Terrible wood burning smell in room and cigarette smell throught the vents when we returned in the evenings to sleep. Fire drill went off at 6:45 am. Bathroom sinks had mold and filthy scum under rim, although they were cleaned after I informed the staff. No basic amenities like water or tea available. We asked the concierge to book tickets for Spy museum and was told we didn't need to. The meals were good. Door staff were very friendly.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank 145,672
GMLoewsMadison, Director of Rooms at The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear 145672,
We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback after your recent stay with us. I was very disappointed to read about the various challenges you found during your stay. I apologize for the smoke smell you encountered, which was caused by one of the pieces of exhaust equipment for our new restaurant not functioning properly. I am happy to report that since this was brought to our attention, we have been able to get this machinery repaired to elimante this smoke smell.

As for the fire alarm, we do apologize as this was something out of the hotel's control. It ended up being a sensor that was tripped in the attached office building resulting in an alarm within the entire building including our hotel. I do truly apologize for these terrible inconveniences during your stay. I appreciate you taking the time to share them with us and I am confident if you give us the opportunity to host you again as our guest the next time your travels bring you to DC you won't be disappointed.

Warm regards,