The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
US$309
US$262
Dupont Circle
  • Restaurant
Washington Plaza Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$263
US$197
US$503
US$458
The Watergate
US$463
US$389
  • Pool
Omni Shoreham Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$449
US$148
US$346
US$265
Official Website
  • Restaurant
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
US$499
US$271
  • Room Service
Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$254
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
US$262
Hotelpower.com
2,406 results
All reviewsrural societywhite housenice hotelroom servicefew blocksmini barwithin walking distancecoffee makerhotel restaurantluxury hotelsight seeingnational mallking bedfitness centervalet parkingdupont circlemetro station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I cannot praise the hotel and it's staff enough. They were so helpful. United Airlines lost both our bags, they finally arrived on the third day. The hotel gave us toiletries and the concierge assisted us in contacting the airline and expediting the baggage return. In order to ensure we recovered the bags we had to stay another night (not really a problem as we enjoyed the city). The room was very good. Breakfast was great, staff very attentive.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
GMLoews, General Manager at The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Yorkshirewoman,
Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about our staff and property. I know what a headache it can be when airlines misplace your bags, and I’m so glad our team members’ helpful and dedicated service made a difference and contributed to such a positive experience while staying with Loews Madison. They are extremely committed to our guests and providing excellent service, and I appreciate your praise for them. They were excited to learn of your comments! In addition, I’m happy you enjoyed the room and a delicious meal in our restaurant.

We appreciate your time to review our property and hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you back to Loews Madison whenever your travels bring you to Washington, DC. Thank you again!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Having had a couple of missteps with the Loews Madison Washington (see earlier review) I wasn't exactly sure what to expect this time. But I'm glad I tried again.

The Hotel is perfectly located near to the White House and Mall, in central Washington. My room was a spacious double on the twelfth floor - comfortable bed, good shower and everything one could reasonably expect - including free WIFI. I didn't dine there but they had a new restaurant open downstairs, and there was also a lively bar and a guitarist/singer playng a few tunes. After a long flight, I retreated to my room. Room service was super-quick and the veggie burger (nice to find in the US) was a treat.

After a morning trot down to the Mall/Lincoln Memorial I tried out the restaurant. Staff couldn't have been more helpful and breakfast was an array of choices (most of them involving syrup!) but the fruit and cereal options were good too.

Overall I had a brief but enjoyable stay in the Loews Madison and am pleased to say I will be back again.

Room Tip: Twelfth floor had spacious doubles
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
GMLoews, General Manager at The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear Haddock2012,
We very much appreciate the opportunity to have you back at Loews Madison, and thank you for your time to review this experience. We’re delighted you had an enjoyable visit, from our convenient location in the city to spacious, comfortable rooms. It’s great to hear how much you enjoyed room service and the food options.

I’m so glad you came back in July, as we just opened our new restaurant, Rural Society by celebrity-Iron Chef Jose Garces. It has been well received by locals and guests, and is now open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, with a great happy hour including a live guitarist right now. Thank for sharing the positive feedback about your breakfast experience! Hopefully you will have time soon for a fabulous dinner - the tasting menu is a real treat.

Please know we value your business and appreciate you returning to the property. We look forward to your next visits, and please let us know anything you need for future stays!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

great location...though not in the thick of it. can walk everywhere, access to a whole foods and great neighborhoods only blocks away. Hotel staff were kind and thoughtful when we had a very sick child.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear adobe2014,
Thank you very much for your time to review Loews Madison. I’m glad you enjoyed our convenient location in downtown DC, which is located just a few blocks to the White House and Metro lines. As you point out, we are nearby neighborhoods including Dupont Circle and Logan Circle, with restaurants, museums, nightlife options and other attractions. I am happy to hear that our staff’s caring and helpful approach to service were evident to you when dealing with your sick child. I hope it was a speedy recovery too! Thank you for choosing Loews Madison as your destination hotel while in DC. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stayed here for 4th of July weekend and boy was it worth it! From friendly doormen to front desk staff to even the housekeeping, our time here was extremely enjoyable.

Pros:
-Located within walking distance to the White House, etc. (about 1 mile or 15 min walk)
-Located right near Dupont Circle which has tons of restaurants and bars and fun! (less than a mile)
-"rich" feeling while in hotel (very clean and up-to-date everything)
-Room is stocked with snacks and drinks (soda, liquor, beer) but of course you have to pay!
-Fiat Service - you can get a FREE ride to anywhere within a 3 mile radius. We used this once to get a ride to a Museum and it was great. The driver was friendly, recommended restaurants for us and had a smile on the whole way!
- All taxi/Uber drivers knew exactly where this hotel was (no explaining necessary)

Cons:
-Expensive restaurant in the hotel (go elsewhere)
- You have to reserve the fiat and hope they approve it (I booked mine an hour in advance and when I went to go in the fiat at my confirmed time, they said they still hadn't received my request, but they would accommodate since another person just cancelled.

Overall it was a great experience. We didn't spend too much time in the hotel while there, but the time we were there, it was a very enjoyable experience. I would highly recommend the place. It was clean, everyone was nice, and it was close to just about everything!

Room Tip: try to go above floor 3 (that floor is in line with another roof top, so lousy view)
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Robert P,
Thank you very much for your time to review Loews Madison. We are thrilled you had a first class experience and enjoyed so many aspects of our property! Thank you for highlighting our friendly staff– I consider them to be our hotel’s greatest asset.

I’m glad you enjoyed our convenient location. You’re correct that we are near Dupont Circle and walking distance to the White House, with the North lawn being about four blocks from the hotel. In addition, you’re right that taxis and Uber cars and can be a very convenient mode of transportation.

It’s great to hear that you appreciated our FIAT partnership. This is meant to be an extra convenience for guests, and we currently have two vehicles in service offering complimentary rides for guests from 11:30am to 6:45pm daily. It is a drop-off service for destinations within a 3-mile radius of the hotel which covers many DC attractions and neighborhoods. The service has continued to gain popularity with our guests since it began earlier this year, so we do recommend making reservations in advance of planned outings.

For dining options, we just opened a second restaurant – Rural Society by renowned Iron Chef Jose Garces. We’re excited it is now open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and Postscript is open 3-11pm and serving a light menu.

Thank you again for your feedback! We appreciate you choosing Loews Madison and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We upgraded to a suite and everything was really nice and clean however the beds were the downfall. The mattress had no box spring or and kind of flexibility. The mattress was held up with what looked to be a door slab it was horrible. Housekeeping had to be called daily to bring coffee and creamer for the cost of the rooms this was not right at all. The good points however staff exceptional and location great. That's what made this such a disappointment since we will be traveling more often to this city.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GMLoews, General Manager at The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Dustin M,
Thank you very much for reviewing your visit. I’m glad you enjoyed our convenient downtown DC location and found our team members to be exceptional. However, I am disappointed to learn that you were uncomfortable during your stay. We take great care to provide a comfortable environment for our guests, and we are interested to talk with you further about your concerns and service challenges. Our beds do have box springs so I am surprised to hear about your experience and hope to learn more from you.

We hope for the chance to host you at Loews Madison during your future visits to Washington, DC. Again, I would be happy to talk with you further at 202-862-1600 and to be your personal point of contact to ensure an excellent stay next time.