“Awesome Stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Washington
“Awesome Stay”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Stayed here for a conference and found it to be fantastic! Room was really comfortable and had all the amenities and was walking distance from the White House and other businesses. Only issue is that the fridge in the room is a cash bar and as I opened it and noticed the light changed from red to green and noticed it was full and had nowhere to put my water. Then was asked about using the bar and had to explain myself I had not taken anything. They didn't give me any hassles for it like other places I have dealt with. But other than that, it was all 4 stars that they say it is.

1 Thank Toni S
GMLoews, General Manager at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Toni S,
We greatly appreciate your review of our property. I am so happy you had a fantastic stay and found the room to be very comfortable and complete with all the amenities you needed. Thank you for mentioning our convenient location in downtown DC, which is walking distance to the White House. Regarding the mini bar, thank you for making us aware of the staff’s communication; I am happy to know it was not a hassle for you. Thank you again for taking the time to give us feedback – guests’ input is critically important to our continuing success and guest satisfaction.

We hope to get the chance to welcome you back to Loews Madison soon, and thank you for staying with us.

Cheraz Ecker, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Maryland
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Great location outstanding hotel stayed her a couple nights during my wife's conference. They have also opened their new restaurant a Rural Society. This GM has done a fabulous job.

The rooms are very clean and pleasant so just a great place to stay on DC. I like Loews allot! Typically Never disappointed

Stayed May 2014
Dear RS4Traveler,
Thank you very much for your time to review Loews Madison and provide such positive feedback. I am delighted you found our property to be outstanding, including the recent addition of our restaurant Rural Society, Iron Chef Jose Garces’ new Argentine steakhouse! We are hearing often from guests and locals who are enjoying this very recent addition to DC’s vibrant culinary scene. It’s great to hear you enjoyed our rooms too!

Thank you for the kudos, and for choosing to stay with Loews Madison Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back during future visits to our nation’s capital.

Yeats48
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Friendliest and most helpful staff I have seen in years. Everyone....EVERYONE...was committed to excellent service-front desk, concierge, housekeeping, banquets staff...a very enjoyable experience. The offering of free limo service was particularly appreciated.

Dear yeats48,
Thank you very much for reviewing your Loews Madison stay. I am thrilled you had such a wonderful experience and enjoyed our top notch staff! We are proud to have a team in place that is highly committed to our guests’ experiences and to providing professional and personalized service. We very much appreciate the positive feedback and will share with the team!

The free transportation service we are currently offering is through our FIAT partnership- we have two vehicles with drivers to give guests complimentary drop-office service within a 3-mile radius of the hotel. It’s something our guests are thoroughly enjoying, and we recommend guests make advance reservations if possible.

Thank you very much for choosing Loews Madison, and we hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back anytime you visit DC.

Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

We are your first members so always look for a Loews hotel first when travelling I the US. I have to say I expected better from the hotel group at this hotel. Travelling as a family of four the room choice is not strong enough. The rooms with two beds are too small and the bigger rooms offer a roll,away bed which is not good enough for a 19yr old and fifteen yr old. The other choice is to take two rooms but then it becomes very expensive. Soothe room we got was ok. It felt a little tired with the decor and furniture, I think we had the top floor and the noise from a/c on the roof was too loud and then the a/c in the room was ancient which vibrated too much so we could not have it on in the night and that made the room uncomfortable. The bedrooms and A/c definitely need investment. However the hotel downstairs was really nice, the restaurants and bars were great and the staff were very helpful and polite. The staff always engage in polite conversation and definitely engage and show interest. I think the Madison has a strong historic name in .d.c but would suggest the rooms need modernising. I guess the rank of 25th would reflect where the hotel is right now but can't imagine Loews will be too happy with that for too long.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
GMLoews, General Manager at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Richard R,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback. We highly value all of our guests’ input and appreciate your loyalty as a Loews YouFirst member. While I am glad you enjoyed aspects of our property including our friendly staff and restaurants, I am very disappointed to read we did not exceed your expectations overall. Please accept my apologies for the discomfort you experienced due to the challenge with the air conditioning unit in your room. It should not be the case that an a/c unit vibrates so much, and I am following up via private message to get your room number so our Director of Engineering can investigate this room and remedy immediately. I am sorry that our room choices did not accommodate your family preferences. I’m further dismayed that you found the décor to be tired. Although we renovated our guests rooms in the past two years, please know Loews is continuously looking to improve and update our properties – this feedback is very important for planning how we will invest in Loews Madison going forward. We appreciate you sharing with us, as it is critical to our continual improvement.

Finally, thank you for highlighting our team members and great restaurants and bars. We just opened Rural Society, Iron Chef Jose Garces’ first restaurant in Washington, DC, which is an Argentine steakhouse offering wood-fired meats, fish and vegetables and pastas and pizzas.

I sincerely hope you will consider giving Loews Madison the opportunity to host you at a future date in Washington, DC.

202-862-1600
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Excellent staff, clean, comfy bed, HOT shower (which is great after walking miles and miles). There is a free car service in a 3 mile radius, but it is often booked. The location is close to restaurants, bars, and is a few block from the metro. My only complaint is that street noise woke me very early in the morning.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
GMLoews, General Manager at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Wendy W,
Thank you very much for your feedback. I’m so glad you enjoyed our friendly staff, comfortable beds and rooms, and convenient location for DC attractions, restaurants and Metro access. The car service you mention is part of our partnership with FIAT, and we currently have two cars for Loews Madison which offer complimentary drop-off rides for guests within 3 miles of the hotel. It is popular, so we recommend our guests call and plan ahead with a reservation if possible. Feel free to call ahead of a reservation to check availability with our FIAT reservations desk.

Thank you for choosing Loews Madison, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Washington
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I have stayed here twice before during winter and had wonderful stays. My most recent stay would keep me away in the future:
-A/C so loud it prevents sleep
-Restaurant odor of smoking meats permeates the room.
-Stained furniture

1 Thank Kyle G
GMLoews, General Manager at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Kyle G,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback, and please know we highly value all of our guests’ input. I am very disappointed about your experience and that it did not match your previous wonderful stays with Loews Madison. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the disturbance and discomfort caused by the air conditioning unit and the restaurant odor in your room. I have sent you a message for your room number, and our Director of Engineering will check on that A/C unit for any needed adjustments. While our new restaurant grill was being tested, we experienced some challenges with the ventilation system and restaurant odors, which I can assure you we are addressing and monitoring closely to prevent discomfort for our guests.

I am very sorry to learn about the stained furniture in your room. Moving forward, we will be even more meticulous with our room inspection process so we can quickly address any elements or furnishing that need care. Loews is continuously looking to improve and update our properties, and this feedback is truly important to planning how we will invest in Loews Madison. Thank you for sharing with us. I sincerely hope you will consider giving us another opportunity to host you at a future date.

Essex, Connecticut
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

This is my second stay at The Madison and it topped the first (two years ago, before a makeover). These folks understand service to a tee -- from the welcoming doorman and valet who seem genuinely pleased at your return after a day's business...to helpful front desk and restaurant personnel.

The overall vibe is elegant, airy, and cosmopolitan. Since my last visit there's an excellent new Argentine restaurant just off the lobby that's successful with locals in its own right, not just as a convenience for hotel guests. Terrific safe location in the heart of the business district, yet just a few blocks' walk from the White House and Metro transit.

I've enjoyed this so much for business that I can't wait to return with the family for a long weekend this Fall. Washington has many lodging options in all price tiers, but The Madison is my go-to home away from home. Think Four Seasons quality without the price tag.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Mallard_Pt
Dear Mallard_Pt,
Thank you very much for reviewing Loews Madison, and please know we appreciate your business and are delighted to be your “home away from home” when visiting DC. I’m so glad you have returned since we renovated our property, including rooms, two years ago. We are continuously looking to beautify the property, so I’m glad you found the improvements to be elegant and airy!

It’s wonderful to hear you enjoyed genuine, welcoming service at every turn, as this is truly our top priority. We do enjoy an ideal location just a few blocks from the White House and Metro lines. I am very excited you mentioned Rural Society, our brand new Argentine steakhouse restaurant which was quickly gained recognition and popularity with locals and guests. This is Iron Chef Jose Garces’ new concept and first restaurant in DC!

We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the fall with your family. Please let us know when you’re coming, and thank you again for choosing Loews Madison.