The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
US$550
  • Restaurant
Phoenix Park Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$416
US$371
US$382
US$332
Official Website
  • Restaurant
Hotel Lombardy(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$356
US$286
  • Restaurant
Sofitel Washington DC(Washington DC)
US$402
US$378
  • Room Service
US$455
US$378
  • Bar/Lounge
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
US$349
US$289
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
US$498
US$413
  • Pool
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
US$469
US$183
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
US$449
US$361
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
2,435 results
All reviewsrural societywhite housenice hotelroom servicefew blocksmini barwithin walking distancecoffee makerhotel restaurantluxury hotelsight seeingnational mallking bedfitness centervalet parkingdupont circlemetro station
Reviewed 15 August 2014

My home away from home. Great staff. Rural Society restaurant is excellent. Comfortable rooms and always quiet. I highly recommend this as the place to stay in DC. Romeo the bellman is the best. In town.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Dean E
GMLoews, General Manager at The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Dear Dean E,
We very much appreciate your loyalty to Loews Madison , and your time to review our property. It’s exciting to hear such wonderful feedback. I am delighted we could be your home away from home, and that our comfortable, quiet rooms and top notch staff keep you coming back!

Thnnk you for highlighting Rural Society! It’s been a lot of fun hearing from guests since we opened the restaurant in July 2014, with Iron Chef Jose Garces. For others considering trying it, it is an Argentine steakhouse concept with wood-fired meats, fish and vegetables, as well as pastas and pizzas. We also have a fantastic lunch menus which includes sandwiches and salads, and breakfast too. The wine list and whiskey selection should not be missed.

Thank you again for your loyalty, and we look forward to seeing you soon.

All the best!

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Tashna Seaton checked me into my room. I had the pleasure of having her check me in while I visited the Loews in Philly as well. The entire staff at the Loews Madison is very helpful an dkind. The rooms are a little dated- they still need to do a reno in my opinion as the room interiors have not changed since this hotel becamse a Loews. The restaurant downstairs is casual romantic with some of the best locally sourced food I've ever tasted.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank minnesnowtachris

Dear minnesnowtachris,
Thank you very much for your time to review Loews Madison. It’s an absolute pleasure to hear your great feedback about one of our team members. Tashna, our Front Office Manager, is a gem, and we are fortunate to have her at Loews Madison. I’m glad you experienced friendly, polite service from all of our team members.

Our guest rooms were renovated in the past couple of years. We very much value and appreciate your feedback, as we do look for ways to continually improve the property. It’s great to hear how much you enjoy our new restaurant – Rural Society by renowned Iron Chef Jose Garces, a master of Latin cuisine. Our menus have great dishes for meat, veggie, pasta lovers and more- not to mention our selection of wines, hand-crafted cocktails, whiskeys and beer.

Thank you so much for your comments, and for staying with Loews Madison. We look forward to welcoming you back whenever you travel to DC.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Just returned from a great 4-night stay. Room was clean; bathroom was spacious and modern. Great location for getting around DC! Service at front desk was excellent at check-in and check-out - employee went out of his way to accommodate the length of time it took to get me checked in.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear DcF,
We appreciate your time to review Loews Madison and comment on some of the reasons you had a great visit. I’m glad you enjoyed our spacious and updated rooms and bathrooms, as well as our central location for exploring DC. We are just a few blocks from the White House and convenient to other sites, as well as being quite accessible to popular areas like Dupont Circle and the restaurants on 14th Street.

Thank you for recognizing excellent service from our team members! I’m delighted they went above and beyond, as this kind of service is our goal! Thank you for choosing to stay with Loews Madison! We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Had a great stay. We like to walk, so location was great for us. The surrounding neighborhood had great restaurants. Parking fee excessive for area, 119. for 2 nights. Staff was great. Room very nice :)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Wendy G,
Thank you so much for reviewing your DC weekend visit with us. I’m happy it was a great stay, and thank you for detailing some of your highlights including our staff, rooms and ideal location for walking to several popular DC sites. Regarding parking, we offer come and go privileges, which means guests can use their car anytime with just one overnight parking rate, unlike some city garages; we do conduct regular rate checks with local hotels and are confident our rates are in line with other hotels in the city.

Thank you again for your review, and for choosing to stay with Loews Madison! We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed in this hotel one night to see a show at the nearby 9:30 Club. The location was easy walking distance to attraction, nightlife and good restaurants. The room was clean and neat. In terms of comfort, the bed was just ok. Service overall was acceptable.

The big disappointment was the fees. Overnight parking with tax is $59. Want a room with a nicer view? $15. The hotel offers free wifi, but it you want "enhanced wifi" (what is that anyway?), that's there's another fee. When we were asked if we needed more than one room key, I was afraid to say yes in case there was yet another fee.

Overall, I expected more comfort, better service, and an more inclusive rate.

Full disclosure, as this was a last-minute, one-night trip, we pricelined the room. I don't know whether this would have impacted how we were treated as compared to full-paying guests.

While I likely wouldn't return to this hotel. I would be comfortable recommending it to other who were looking for a good hotel with an accessible location. I would just add a few caveats to be prepared to pay more than just the room rate and taxes.

Room Tip: We had a room on a low floor. The view was just fine and the noise level was low. If you wll be spending time in the hotel or it's your first/only time visiting the city, it might be worth paying extra for a better view on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charleen M
GMLoews, General Manager at The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Charleen M,
Thank you very much for your time to review Loews Madison. I am glad to know you enjoyed our convenient location in DC for access to attractions, nightlife and more. That said, I am disappointed we did not exceed your expectations in terms of our service and value. Please know that we do list our overnight parking rate on our website in an effort to give guests this information up front. Still, we are currently looking into ways we can make the information even more visible, on our own site and through various channels for booking our property. Regarding the other fees, the upgraded room offering is provided to our guests simply as an added option; we do offer complimentary WiFi in all our guests rooms which works well for the majority of people’s needs, however, as you mention we do offer an upgraded option for a small fee for guests who want to stream things or require more bandwidth. Please know that providing superior service to all of our guests is the top priority! I appreciate you offering a recommendation of our property, and I thank you again for your review –we take very seriously all guest input including where we are doing well and constructive feedback. I hope that you will give us an opportunity in the future to host you at Loews Madison.

202-862-1600