We booked the Love at Loews package for a special weekend as newlyweds. This should include flowers upon arrival, a room upgrade, and a dining credit. When we arrived, I reminded the front desk staff of our package, and she confirmed the dining credit. When we got to our room, it was tiny and there were no flowers in sight. When I called to confirm we were in the right room, I was told we were in the right place, and I felt very unwelcome with the tone of the staff. I had already brought up the issue twice, so we proceeded to make the best of it and go to our dinner reservation.
The next day, when I brought up the issue again when preparing to check out (when they asked me how my stay was), they confirmed in the system that we were put in the wrong room, and shared that someone else had even called down about receiving our flowers! We did receive an additional dining credit for this hassle, but arriving in a disappointing room and with a staff person twice being dismissive to me, it really ruined the romantic vibe. Add to that the unclean toilet and previous guests dirty socks and other garment (underwear, undershirt...I didn't touch it!) left in the dresser, and you could say we would've been better off staying home or at an even higher rated luxury hotel that might have provided better service the first time we asked (or at least the second time).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Become a part of history when you stay at Loews Madison Hotel. Located in the heart of downtown Washington D.C., our hotel has been honored to host distinguished guests including Elizabeth Taylor and John F. Kennedy. Our unmatched dedication to service has made us the first choice for political and social leaders, global travelers and families seeking the cultural legacy of our nation's capital. Only a short stroll from the White House, Embassy Row, and National Mall Monuments, Loews Madison Hotel is a refreshing destination for corporate stays, relaxing getaways and unforgettable gatherings. Appointed with sophisticated furnishings, our Washington, D.C. hotel features a collection of rooms and suites with amenities fit for a president. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Ebookers, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Loews Madison Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Madison Hotel Washington Dc
- Madison Washington Dc
- Madison Hotel Washington Dc