“Excellent Service”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Los Angeles, California
“Excellent Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

My stay was so comfortable that I didn't want my vacation to end. The staff was more than helpful and very attentive. The location of the hotel was great and not to mention complimentary rides in a Fiat within a 3 mile radius of the hotel.

• Stayed September 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Rhonda M
GMLoewsMadison, Director of Rooms at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear Rhonda M,

Thank you so much for your kind words. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Loews Madison Hotel. We take special care to ensure our guests are supremely comfortable during their stay. It is wonderful to hear that we accomplished that for you. We look forward to hosting you again the next time your travels bring you to Washington D.C.

Best regards,
Director of Rooms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (387)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014 via mobile

This hotel was amazing! Beside the fact that I was going to be charged a greater deposit few for using a debit card instead of a credit card, I was still EXTREMELY pleased with my experience here. The valet and all of the staff was helpful. The cleanliness of the hotel was immaculate. I did not have a chance to eat at the restaurant but they had Starbucks baristas in restaurant during the day to make any drink the guest requested. Overall the hotel was great!

Stayed September 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jeri C
Dear Jeri C,

We appreciate you taking the time to review Loews Madison. Providing our guests with attentive, exceptional service is our highest priority and we couldn’t be happier to hear that you found our staff helpful. On your next stay, you will have to try our new Argentina Steakhouse – Rural Society by celebrity Chef Jose Garces. It offers wood-fired meats, fish and vegetables, and pizzas and pastas. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to have the chance to welcome you back to Loews Madison for future stays.

Warm Regards,
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

I didn't like how I had to pay 6.00 to print off my boarding pass in the business center and I hated that my room was right in front of the elevator so I could hear everyone who got off and their conversation

• Stayed September 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

GMLoewsMadison, Director of Rooms at Loews Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Dear Jenness J,
Thank you for staying with us recently and sharing your feedback. It is great to know that you found the hotel to be very nice but I was extremely disappointed to hear that you were uncomfortable with your room location. I wish we knew while you were here so we could have provided other accommodations to ensure your comfort. We do our best to honor any guests requests to create a supremely comfortable experience and it sounds like we failed to do that for you and for that I am very sorry. For all future travelers, we ask that if there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to speak with any of our team members so that we may create a wonderful experience while you are with us.

I was also disappointed to hear that you paid $6 to print your boarding pass. We agree with you that it should be complimentary and we have complimentary boarding pass printing available in the Business Center with signs above all of the computers indicating this. Our concierge are also happy to assist any guest with boarding pass requests. I'm terribly sorry there was some sort of misunderstanding in regards to this, but I assure you we do not want any of our guests to pay just to print their boarding pass.

Thank you again for staying with us and sharing your thoughts. We hope to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you to Washington DC.

Miami
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

Nice, big room though a bit dark due to the location of my room. It faced another building. The bathroom was also spacious and clean. The room was nicely furnished and the bed was comfortable. Both the check-in and check-out process were easy. There were some errors in my bill but they were quickly fixed. The staff was very efficient and courteous. The location is perfect. It's a 3 block walk to the McPherson Square metro on the orange/blue line or a 6 block walk to the Farragut North station on the Red Line. There is a Peet's Coffee right across from the hotel so it's easy to get an inexpensive breakfast. I travel a lot to DC and have stayed at many hotels. This is a good alternative.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Dear msague,
Thank you for reviewing your experience. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our downtown location and found our team members helpful. While most of our Deluxe Rooms are interior facing, our Luxury and Premium Rooms feature exterior views and may be of interest during your next stay. Thank you for choosing Loews Madison, and we hope you will return anytime your travels bring you to the area.

Piscataway, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

I checked at the front desk and they gave me an off room number. By that I mean the room number ended as an off number. eg: 1203. That room had a very bad smell which gave me a headache. I asked to be moved and they put me in a even number room which was much better. Everything else about this hotel is good. Its a 10 minute walk on 15th street to the white house, fiat service which is car service that drops you off anywhere in the city. They have a coffee shop across the street which serves excellent coffee. I would recommend staying here if the price is right.

Their restaurant is OK. I got dessert at PostScript (the restaurant) and was not impressed. Skip it and take their FIAT service to Georgetown and eat there.

• Stayed September 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Silverfuel1
Dear Silverfuel1,
Thank you for staying with us recently and sharing your feedback. We appreciate the recommendation and the information about our FIAT partnership. We do have a FIAT car service available that is drop off only between the hours of 11:30am-6:45pm to anywhere within a 3 mile radius of the hotel. It has been a huge hit with guests so we do recommend that you make reservations in advance to enjoy this amenity.

I was disappointed to read that your first room had an odd smell that bothered you. I can assure you this is not something that is a trend among our odd numbered rooms. We get great feedback about all of our rooms regardless of location within the hotel. It sounds like there was an opportunity with the particular room you received upon arrival and for that I am sorry. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and we look forward to welcoming you again the next time you are in DC.

Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

Very good place but a bit of language issue with housekeeping staff, my room was not done everyday and the most inconvenient one is the upfront deposit for extra even when the room is fully paid at arrival.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Sircca N,
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. We were very happy to read that overall you found the hotel to be a great place. However, I do apologize if there was a miscommunication about the service you wanted on one of the days. Our team members try to take care of all of our guests' requests daily and unfortunately it sounds like we failed to handle yours properly on one day. I apologize for any inconvenience this caused you during your stay.

I saw you also were disappointed in having to leave additional funds even with a prepaid reservation. This is a very common practice at many hotels. We give our guests the option to have the ability to charge back to their rooms. If they wish to accept this option we authorize $100/day on their credit card or charge their debit card $100/day. The authorization or charge is immediately released for any unused funds upon departure. However, most US banks continue to keep a hold on these funds for 3-5 business days from that time. International banks tend to keep the hold even longer. The hotel has no control over this. It is completely up to the practice of our guests' individual banks. The second option if a guest does not wish to have charging privileges is where we take a one time $150 security deposit. The decision is completely up to our guest at time of check-in.

Thank you again for staying with us. We hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again the next time your travels bring you to Washington DC.

New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

The Loews Madison is not only one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in, but the service was first class the entire time. It was truly a perfect match. Expectations were met and then blown out of the water. Location is easily accessible and close to all attractions. Highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mrjacobs34
Dear mrjacobs34,
Thank you very much for your comments. We appreciate the wonderful praise for our team members! We are ecstatic to hear that we surpassed your expectations on every level and will be sure to share this with our team. Thank you for recommending our property. I sincerely hope you will return anytime your travels bring you to the area.