“Fairfax Embassy Row is NOW the PERFECT hotel in D.C.”

The Fairfax at Embassy Row, Washington, D.C.
Ranked #68 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
New York City, New York
“Fairfax Embassy Row is NOW the PERFECT hotel in D.C.”
Reviewed 8 September 2012

The Fairfax at Embassy Row is now better than before. The Fairfax is currently the best managed Starwood property. I arrived at the end of August 2012 for a Saturday & Sunday stay, and the Front Office Manager Mr. E. Ersoy greeted me himself. The staff has been professionally trained by Mr. Ersoy to protect the security of its guests and, at the same time, make everyone feel they are treated like family. In addition, the neighborhood is a pleasant area to walk, see beautiful homes and enjoy gardens. The Dupont Circle metro station is 5 minutes away, the Phillips Collection (my favorite DC Museum) is across the street from the hotel, and historic Georgetown is very near. Whether you are a couple, a single traveler or a family, this D.C. neighborhood will be your best choice, and I assure you Mr. Ersoy will make your stay comfortable and memorable. I had the perfect weekend getaway thanks to the entire staff.

Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
FairfaxatEmbassyRow, General Manager at The Fairfax at Embassy Row, Washington, D.C., responded to this review, 11 September 2012
Whether you are here to sightsee and explore the historic area surrounding The Fairfax at Embassy Row or here on business, the staff at our hotel takes our guest's enjoyment very seriously. Many times, we are your first impression of Washington, DC, and we always strive to provide our guests with an exceptional stay. Thank you for your gracious comments, for both our staff and our location. We look forward to greeting you in the future, and until then we wish you well.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (362)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 8 September 2012

We just finished a weeklong vacation stay at the Fairfax at Embassy Row. The service and staff were outstanding and friendly from the first moment we arrived. The concierge desk (shoutout to Peter) was extremely helpful in providing tips on the Metro, restaurants and all other questions we had. When we came back from our daily excursions the staff always made us feel like we were coming back home.

The first night we had an A/C compressor issue with the room, and the noise made it almost impossible to sleep. When the atttempted fix did not work, they gladly changed our room to accomodate us for the balance of our stay.

The waitstaff at 2100 Prime was first rate, very engaging and provided outstanding service.

The Fairfax is a great property. It is a block away from the DuPont Circle Metro station, so getting around DC for the week was very easy. I highly recommend the property for a stay in the DC area.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
It is certainly our first priority to make sure that each of our guests is treated to exemplary service and comfortable accommodations. I am very happy to learn that we were able to move you to a room that made your stay more enjoyable, and I appreciate you reaching out to us to let us know of the problems with the A/C. We truly are humbled by your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Thank you for your review.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I stayed at the Fairfax the September 1st through the 6th; it was pretty busy due to Labor Day Weekend; however, overall it was a good experience and I would stay here again.

A couple observations:

The front desk staff and concierge are excellent. Upon arriving I asked for a "quiet room" away from elevators, etc. and they thoughtfully honored my request and gave me what turned out to be a great room. Moreover, Peter, and another lady whose name I can't recall, provided great recommendations for where to eat and what to do in the immediate area. Good work!

The room was clean and quiet for the most part, although the doors are not easy to shut without a "slam" and the air conditioning was a bit noisy; however, it drowned out the usual hotel noise during a busy weekend/week.

I particularly liked the historic nature of the hotel, which was built in 1927, and has quite a storied past.

The hotel is located on the "red line" and is generally convenient to most attractions. The Dupont Circle neighborhood is great: embassy's; museums; eccentric / eclectic restaurants; and, gives you that "local" feel.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank JBlue80
Your observations are totally correct! Built in 1927, The Fairfax at Embassy Row has had the privilege of welcoming guests, from vacationing families to the highest of dignitaries, and we're thrilled that you noticed our historical charm, both inside and out. We truly appreciate the kind compliments for our staff and the gracious words that you've shared. It would be an honor to welcome you back for your next visit to Washington, DC. Thank you for your review.
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 6 September 2012 via mobile

I spent three nights with my family (my wife and two kids) and although our expectations, having regard to previous reviews, were high, they have far from being disappointed. Even though I was used to stay at another SPG property, i.e. The Westin Goergetown, I decided this time to stay in one of the liveliest quartier in the Capital city, and I made by all means a right decision. Notwithstanding a stiff welcome at the check-in, everything improved very quickly. We could manage to modify our initial booking switching from a suite to two connecting rooms. The staff, reception (first and foremost the front-desk manager) as well as the doormen were highly - and smiling - helpful. Room service and housekeeping were just perfect; rooms were large enough and very well equipped so to satisfy even our whimsical desires. True, they could be updated, but maybe they would loose their charme d'antan. Last but not the least (by far), I cannot but outline a person who happened to be solicited very often by us during our stay, i.e. the concierge (Mr Peter Gill). Truly our culinary Cicero, he introduced us to the hidden gastronomical gems in town; his competent and smiling assistance surely contributed to make this hotel a gem. Thank you again. Of course, we will come back again and we will disseminate the among friends this address.

Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Ulisse979
Our dedicated Concierge is certainly an integral part of the hospitality and warmth that makes The Fairfax at Embassy Row so special and we thank you for acknowledging our staff. We're so glad that you noticed and appreciated the rich history and elegance of our hotel and hope that we can look forward to welcoming you and your family back, for many more exceptional stays in the future. Thank you for your gracious review.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 September 2012

My husband, son and I stayed at this hotel for one night. We were met with smiles from the time we arrived at the front door to until we left the next morning. We found the hotel to be very clean and beautifully renovated. Our room, a suite, was on the fourth floor. We had a nice view of some of the embassies. There were beautiful draperies, crown molding and wallpaper, all tastefully done. We needed sheets for the pull-out sofa and instead of an employee handing them to us at the door the housekeeping staff member came in and made the bed up perfectly. Things like this set a hotel apart from others. I had left a clothing bag in the closet by mistake. I realized this about 3 hours later. I called and was put in touch with security. They had my bag and arranged to ahve it sent to my next location (at my cost). The security official was extremely great about the whole thing and when I called back to check up on the status of my bag I was treated well then too. This hotel has two things going for it - 1. great staff, and 2. its beautiful.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner suite upgrade.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
It was our pleasure to welcome you and your family to The Fairfax at Embassy Row. I am thrilled that your belongings were found and returned to you, as I'm sure it was a worry for you. We know that small details can make the biggest difference, so details such as making up the sofa bed is just a small way to help our guests feel more comfortable while visiting. Your kind comments are truly appreciated and we hope to welcome you back very soon. Thank you for your review.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Very polite and professional staff. Help concierge suggested a great running route. Check in staff gave me a free upgrade due to my spg gold status. Room was great! Very clean and nice. Safe location. Many nearby restaurants.

Room Tip: Mention your spg status
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
FairfaxatEmbassyRow, General Manager at The Fairfax at Embassy Row, Washington, D.C., responded to this review, 4 September 2012
We couldn't be more pleased than to learn that your entire experience at The Fairfax at Embassy Row was enjoyable. Our guest's comfort is certainly our highest priority and we appreciate your kind words regarding our staff, accommodations and our convenient location. Please come and stay with us again soon.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 31 August 2012

This hotel is nice. It is not a luxury hotel, but it is very nice and the service is excellent. The hotel is one block from the Metro. The food is also very good.
I stayed at your hotel from August 21 to August 25. I just want to commend Tee Loofa for his great assistance and service. I went with my mother and he made us feel very special. I will go back to that hotel because of what he did for us. I also want to thank everyone that work at the entrance of the hotel. I do not know their name but they were very nice and helpful.

Clara Holden

Room Tip: I had a room with two queen beds and it was a very good size room.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank CameMiami_Florida
It's so nice to hear when our staff makes a lasting impression on our guests and we appreciate you letting us know about your experience. I will be sure to acknowledge each and every one of them for their superior service and I know your comments will make their day! We were certainly honored to have you and your mother as guests and we hope to greet you again soon. Thank you for your review of The Fairfax at Embassy Row.