“Highly recommend.”

Ranked #90 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Auburn al
“Highly recommend.”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

First, we booked this hotel through Bookit.com at the end of September for an October trip...we got a great deal, but, it was non refundable. As it turned out, we had booked during the government shut down. I called the hotel and Bookit, and the hotel agreed to refund our non refundable booking so we could go at a later date. Knowing they didn't have to, that was a great start. As soon as all that government shut down thing was over, we rebooked with the Washington Court, even though now our 4 night trip was about $100 more. It was very worth it.
NIce hotel, comfortable beds, nice renovation and great housekeeping.
We only ate at the hotel once for breakfast...and though it was OK, I wouldn't recommend...pricy ($16.95 for a basic buffet) and very average. There are just so many other options nearby. We went to visit the city for our first time. The location was great. We talked the 5 mins to Union Station where we got the metro and the Big Red Bus tour. We ate breakfast at the huge food court in Union most mornings.
There is also the Circulatior bus that is also at Union Station that goes to Georgetown for only $1.
If you walk out of the hotel and cross the street, next to Sarbucks, you can get the metro bus that will take you a few blocks (7) to Chinatown/Galleria area. ( We also walked.)There are many restaurants there of all price ranges, the Verizon center(if you are going to see an concert or event), movie theatre (we wouldn't normally do a movie on a city vacation, but we just couldn't walk any more! lol). A couple of times we took a cab to dinner or in town and it was around $7 to $12 from this great location. Reagan airport was $17. We were there Saturday Nov 9th to weds 13th 2013. Great stay. Well worth it.

Room Tip: Don't bother paying for a Capitol view...it's in the distance. Ask for a higher floor overl...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MikeYvonne2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I have stayed multiple times in the past few months at the Washington Court Hotel while in DC. I was quite disappointed this last time only with the cleanliness of our room(or lack, thereof). I did complain and was given a new room that was much cleaner, but perhaps there should be a "2nd check" before you give guests their keys. It's a turn-off to see a dirty room as the 1st impression.
The bar staff are excellent and very informative about the area. The restaurant staff was attentive and the food was very good for breakfast. The location can't be beat.

Room Tip: ASk for a room higher up.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank dineradventurer21
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I recently stayed here for four nights on a business trip. I couldn't have been more pleased. The hotel looked like it had been recently renovated. Everything was fresh and clean. My room was large by most standards and upscale, having a beautiful bed and headboard, nice furniture and a comfortable feel. The bed was really comfortable, i slept like a baby. The bathroom was large by hotel standards with plenty of room on the vanity for your cosmetics. The shower tub had a really nice glass enclosure and was very clean. The bathroom was well lighted for shaving and doing your hair and cosmetics. The room was also very quiet. The lobby area, bar and restaurant were nicely decorated and very quiet, even with a lot of people. The restaurant breakfast buffet and continental were a little subpar, but other items off the menu for breakfast and lunch were very good. The wait staff was a little slow at lunch when they were busy. I attended a working lunch in a private dining room and the food was excellent and the staff did a very good job serving and not being intrusive. The meeting rooms were very good, well set up and the staff kept everything tidy throughout the day. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is ideally located near the capitol and Union Station. I will come here again.

Room Tip: Ask to have a room not overlooking New Jersey and back away from the elevator.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dale H
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We recently visited DC with 2 adults and 3 kids. Our stay at the Washington Court Hotel was excellent. The room looked like it was just renovated and was large and very comfortable - with all the amenities we could need. Loved the bathrooms with the separate shower and bathtub. The restaurant was very good and the kids really enjoyed the items on the kids menu - and the price for kids meals was the best deal in DC. The location of the hotel really made the trip. We were able to walk to the Capitol, the various Smithsonian museums, and the Monuments very easily and quickly - which was very important when you have 3 kids with you. The staff at the hotel was great. Extremely helpful with options for places to visit and suggestions. Everyone was friendly. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting DC.

Room Tip: Great view of the Capitol from higher floors.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Matthew C
AllAmericanGirlv1
Reviewed 13 November 2013

The hotel is good, but they could work on a few things to make it better. For starters, when I entered my room, the toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, etc.) were used and only half full. Next, the fitness center could be updated and expanded--even with only three or four people in the fitness center, it was super crowded. Otherwise, the rooms were clean and nice and a good hotel that could use some updates.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I liked this hotel. It was nice and clean, not a ton of frills, and the price was great! I used to live in DC and I booked the hotel last minute, so I was glad to get a good price. I had taken the train into town, and for a trip like mine, the location was perfect. If you are going to DC as a tourist and would like to sightsee, go to nice restaurants, and get around easily, I would recommend staying closer to Dupont Circle.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Elsaheff
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I found this hotel on the internet and booked it through a company I had not used before. Feeling insecure I emailed the hotel directly. I was fortunate that Adam from the hotel emailed me back and a few emails about Washington sites followed. As Washington was only a few nights stay before going to Chicago I had not thought too much about it at all. I had already been in New York for 2 weeks so Washington was an after thought in my planning. After Adams emails I was excited about seeing this city. The position of the hotel was perfect in Capitol Hill. Short walk to Union Station and also the hop on hop off bus. The room and amenities were excellent, staff friendly and supportive. I was on my own and at no time did I not feel safe. I thoroughly enjoyed Washington which was unexpected. Thank you Adam the drum circle and Ford theatre were as good as you said.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that looks straight at the Capitol Building. Night view great
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo