“Beautiful and clean hotel”

Washington Court Hotel on Capitol Hill
Ranked #94 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I was in Washington DC last weekend and my friend and I stayed at the Washington Court Hotel. We had found the deal on Groupon and had never stayed in that hotel before. We were so happy when we got there. The location is perfect; you can see the Capitol building from the hotel. It's downtown and it's close enough to everything. The receptionist and the valets greeted us so nicely. Checking in was easy. Our room was nicely decorated and most importantly, very clean. The beds were comfortable and we had a quiet sleep. I can't think of one thing that I didn't like about my stay at the Washington Court. I recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank D R
There are newer reviews for Washington Court Hotel on Capitol Hill

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Washington DC is an expensive city. Imagine our surprise when our daughters booked us a room as a Xmas gift and we found this hotel to be both convenient to the museums, Union Station and Capital Hill, and the hotel itself was wonderful. Rooms were spacious, well equipped (WiFi at an additional cost), and there was a hotel restaurant and bar as well. The staff was great as we checked in early without a problem, and the doorman and parking valet were more than helpful. The only problem I see with this hotel is the cost of overnight parking, which is $45. You could, of course, opt for street parking but I am told that street parking costs $32 a night. Other than this, a delightful hotel worth visiting, and even more so if you arrive using mass transit to Union Station as it is a short 2 block walk to the hotel. .

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ronDover
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

We visited for Christmas break and had a great stay! The location is perfect for sight seeing. The staff was always very friendly and the rooms were clean. I felt comfortable letting my teens sit in the lobby to enjoy the free wifi. The gift shop is a bit small and expensive but we discovered a Walmart near by to grab our snacks.

Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 2 January 2014

My check in was smooth and the front desk attendant, Paul, was very nice.

Pros:
1. Room was clean
2. Beds were very comfortable
3. Comes with a Keurig coffee maker! Stocked with Starbucks K-CUPS!
4. Cable t.v.
5. Very spacious bathroom
6. Free wi-fi in room and the signal never faltered

No cons about the hotel, but here are some things to consider

1. Breakfast buffet is $14.00. We didn't eat it, so I can't review it.
2. Valet parking is $46 daily rate
3. No shuttles available
4. Room service is VERY PRICEY. ex; $22 for pancakes including delivery charge and tax
5. Self parking ( street) is not available

Overall, I was very satisfied with the stay. The hotel is aesthetically pleasing. I played pool downstairs in the lounge area for free. It is withing walking distance to the museums and Union station. The walk is a good 20 minutes. I got a great deal thru bookit.com, and my parking was free since I booked 2 nights. I would recommend this hotel to any families that want to be close to Capitol Hill and the museums.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Adrienne C
Reviewed 31 December 2013

My wedding party family, friends and out of town guests stayed at the hotel since the church was close by. Lobby, breakfast , customer service perfect, and attention to detail amazing. We will be back.

Room Tip: Room 1518 perfect view of Capitol
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Richelle H
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We spent 2 nights in this hotel and we were very satisfied.
This hotel has a friendly staff. Also it has a huge lobby and beautiful glass elevators that look down into the lobby area.
The room is lovely and the beds are very comfortable as are the pillows. The bathroom and amenities are great. The location is wonderful - just 3 blocks away to Union Station and just 6 blocks to Capitol!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tanya L
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I have never stayed in a place that is so obviously great value for money. I was expecting the basics for the price we paid, especially at a popular time of year. Room has many extras which were unexpected. Comfortable bedding, coffee machine, iPod Dock, and wifi worked in the room. Well set out hotel, with very friendly and helpful staff. Position is also central, only a short walk from Capitol. Highly recommended!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple