“Excellent and clean”

Washington Court Hotel on Capitol Hill
Ranked #95 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 17 January 2014

i would recommend this hotel to anyone. The check in was a breeze and our room was clean. The location is perfect. Within walking distance from the train station. Everything was within walking distance. Definitely 5 stars

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lorraine A
Write a ReviewReviews (1,473)

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Had an overnight stay in this hotel on a business trip. Surpassed my expectations in all regards, especially the restaurant. I'm a picky foodie and don't expect much when I travel, but this was exceptionally delicious, both dinner and breakfast. Had the squash soup and salmon salad for dinner, tender lox and bagel for breakfast- waiter made a point of perfectly toasting my bagel. Hotel makes a nice impression when you enter. Room was clean, modern. comfy bed, nice lighting, big TV but carpet starting to show age. No biggie. This is a very nice place at great price although I was little annoyed the wi fi wasnt free. . I will definitely be back. Very convenient to Reagan National airport and super location too. Staff was superb.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Susan B
Reviewed 13 January 2014

The Weekend Getaway Package is the best value I have found for a family conscious trip to DC. From it's central location downtown near the Capitol and museums, to the inclusive valet parking and dinner package, we could not have asked for a more enjoyable, yet affordable stay. The staff were friendly and attentive to any need, question, or concern. The décor was inviting and welcoming. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the free WiFi was just another bonus. A special thanks to Anthony at the front desk for his valuable advice on local cuisine. There is such a wide variety to choose from and Piccolos was truly some of the best Italian in town! Also a big thank you for easy directions in getting around town, from Target to Georgetown, navigation wise, it made the trip much easier. Would highly recommend and hope to stay again in the future.

Room Tip: For off peak travel, this location and value can not be beat! For a beautiful view of the Capitol b...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ChristyW1632
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I was in Washington DC last weekend and my friend and I stayed at the Washington Court Hotel. We had found the deal on Groupon and had never stayed in that hotel before. We were so happy when we got there. The location is perfect; you can see the Capitol building from the hotel. It's downtown and it's close enough to everything. The receptionist and the valets greeted us so nicely. Checking in was easy. Our room was nicely decorated and most importantly, very clean. The beds were comfortable and we had a quiet sleep. I can't think of one thing that I didn't like about my stay at the Washington Court. I recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank D R
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Washington DC is an expensive city. Imagine our surprise when our daughters booked us a room as a Xmas gift and we found this hotel to be both convenient to the museums, Union Station and Capital Hill, and the hotel itself was wonderful. Rooms were spacious, well equipped (WiFi at an additional cost), and there was a hotel restaurant and bar as well. The staff was great as we checked in early without a problem, and the doorman and parking valet were more than helpful. The only problem I see with this hotel is the cost of overnight parking, which is $45. You could, of course, opt for street parking but I am told that street parking costs $32 a night. Other than this, a delightful hotel worth visiting, and even more so if you arrive using mass transit to Union Station as it is a short 2 block walk to the hotel. .

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ronDover
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

We visited for Christmas break and had a great stay! The location is perfect for sight seeing. The staff was always very friendly and the rooms were clean. I felt comfortable letting my teens sit in the lobby to enjoy the free wifi. The gift shop is a bit small and expensive but we discovered a Walmart near by to grab our snacks.

Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 2 January 2014

My check in was smooth and the front desk attendant, Paul, was very nice.

Pros:
1. Room was clean
2. Beds were very comfortable
3. Comes with a Keurig coffee maker! Stocked with Starbucks K-CUPS!
4. Cable t.v.
5. Very spacious bathroom
6. Free wi-fi in room and the signal never faltered

No cons about the hotel, but here are some things to consider

1. Breakfast buffet is $14.00. We didn't eat it, so I can't review it.
2. Valet parking is $46 daily rate
3. No shuttles available
4. Room service is VERY PRICEY. ex; $22 for pancakes including delivery charge and tax
5. Self parking ( street) is not available

Overall, I was very satisfied with the stay. The hotel is aesthetically pleasing. I played pool downstairs in the lounge area for free. It is withing walking distance to the museums and Union station. The walk is a good 20 minutes. I got a great deal thru bookit.com, and my parking was free since I booked 2 nights. I would recommend this hotel to any families that want to be close to Capitol Hill and the museums.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family