“If only...”

Washington Court Hotel on Capitol Hill
Ranked #94 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 27 July 2009

This hotel is in a great location for DC, has nice beds and linens, but ... the service and quality control needs to be fixed. Check the housekeeping !! Get control of your front desk!! 2 days into my stay I noticed in the bathroom,well, I can't even write about it, but it was gross and NOT from my stay!. And here's the sad thing- I had given up on getting action from the front desk, so I cleaned it myself. Ugh.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank timidtravelerUs
There are newer reviews for Washington Court Hotel on Capitol Hill

Reviewed 25 July 2009

When I showed up to check in at this hotel the front desk woman never smiled once. I was traveling with 2 teenage boys and I asked for a room with 2 beds. The front desk woman told me that it would be $25.00 more for 2 beds. I figured for $25.00 I would just sleep with my boys. The room was clean and nice. The prices at the hotel bar were outrageous. I went around the block for a great meal at Dubliners (an Irish Pub). We just slept in this hotel one night and were really not impressed at all.

Reviewed 25 July 2009

the service is poor in this hotel , the lobby is not asthetic

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 July 2009

My experience with this hotel was truly awesome due to one person, Miss Caprice Underwood. This woman is very professional, kind and compassionate. Upon check-in, she assisted me with with obtaining my luggage and other concerns that I had. Most importantly, she never got upset with me. She made several attempts possible to please me and ensured that my stay at this hotel would be enjoyable. After long flights and several business meetings with men who smoke stinking cigars, I was not in the mood for anymore foolishness. Miss Underwood treated me with respect and kindness and she brightened my day!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 July 2009

Traveled from Sweden with my family and found this hotel. It wasnt a cheap stay compaired to the motels we stayed at during our trip but it vwas well worth the price. The hotels prime locaiton close to Capitolium makes a perfect place to stay when you like to have all the city within walking distance. Friendly staff and professional service makes it easy to say "I will come back and I would certanly recomend this hotel to friends and family". A special Thank you to Tyrone at the front door. He really made us feel welcomed and at home during our stay.

Reviewed 13 July 2009

The Washington Court Hotel came highly recommended from a colleague. And what a fortunate recommendation! My family booked three rooms for three night and we were delighted with the accommodations, no doubt the hotel exceeded all our expectations.  The property is well maintained, staff extremely helpful and efficient, and rooms spacious and well laid out. The close proximity to Union Station and many of the best sights is certainly a bonus too. In larger cities, I find accommodations are usually average,  (primarily smaller rooms with few amenities), but the Washington Court Motel shined in room size and quality; actually their rooms rivaled some of the five star properties I’ve stayed at in the largest U.S. Cites, even here where I live in NYC. Sure they’re going to be readers out there who will say “it’s only a room, we just need a place to sleep and won’t be there much”, BUT it sure is nice to have a wonderful room to come back too!

I use TA as my primary source for travel plans, it’s a valuable informative tool. I think it’s only fair that users should give back if they feel this forum has been helpful in their travel needs, positive or negative. Accommodations are always risky, and forum postings often questionable, but I personally feel very comfortable recommending Washington Court Hotel to any traveler visiting Washington, DC. And for the price you won’t find better. The only thing that’s left me puzzled about this property is why it hasn’t received a higher rating position on TA.

My thanks to the hotel for making the DC trip such a memorable trip for myself and family. Kudos to Front Desk Office Manager Kevin Knot for running such a tight ship. Bravo Washington Court Hotel!

2  Thank cobrien
Reviewed 8 July 2009

Stayed for two nights for Valentine's Day Weekend after finding a great deal there online. This hotel is definitely a gem, off the slightly beaten hotel path! Close enough to Capitol Hill, you get a wonderful view everytime you go in and out of the hotel.

The front desk was very nice and recommended restaurants that matched perfectly what we were looking for and also helped guide us to different locations in DC. The valet and doormen were very sweet guys that never failed to greet us and ask if we needed a cab/directions.

Our room was incredible. We didn't have a view, but we weren't looking for one either but it was so spacious, to the point where we didn't even need the little desk side area of the room (but if you are a business person its great). The bathroom was huge and clean and there was a small hallway with a mirror and table that is wonderful if you have two people getting ready at the same time. Very comfortable clean bed as well.

The restaurant staff was very nice and accomodating when we showed up right before brunch was over. We said if it's over, we don't want to be a bother and will order the regular lunch menu, but they insisted we come in and the buffet was kept open for just the two of us.

We were very happy with our stay at Washington Court Hotel and would definitely stay there again when we are in DC again!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple