“Wonderful Hotel”

Washington Court Hotel on Capitol Hill
Ranked #93 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 19 November 2009

The hotel itself was spotless and the staff was very helpful and accomodating. The location was perfect.

Our room wasn't ready when we processed our "express check-in". But, we were comfortable at the bar and the bartender, himself, went over to the check-in counter and delivered our room key to us while we relaxed with a glass of wine.

The outdoor staff made sure I knew how to get back onto I395, which was great, as somehow I'd managed to take the wrong exit when coming to DC. :)

We wished we'd been able to stay longer and explore our Nation's Capitol more!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 November 2009

don' t know why some people feel this place is aloof ? if you act aloof , it comes back at you ! try smiling- it helps. everyone at the washington court hotel was great , from the front desk, housekeeping,to the doorman. wonderfull location,nice rooms etc. only problem was that the restaurant was a little expensive. we only ate breakfast there twice.i've told my son about this hotel and have recommended it to him, so i'm definetly telling you this hotel is a winner !

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Thank pvnj.
Reviewed 9 November 2009

OK overall, but some of the employees were dismissive and aloof. I asked about having a taxi pickup for early morning, and was told don't worry, someone out front will call a taxi for you. Soo, early the next morning I go out to the front of the hotel, and there is a guy out there, who completely ignores me. I go out into the street to see if I can find a taxi. Someone waiting, said a couple taxis had just left, because no one needed a pick up. I waved down the person, who was ignoring my presence and asked about a taxi. He told me to go back in and have the front desk call for a taxi!! He didn't offer to do it, and it was completely the opposite of what the front desk had said.

There were only two treadmills in the facility, which seemed small for such a large hotel. The one that was available had a loose lid over the flywheel. It made so much racket, I had to stop jogging. I found a solution of stuffing a towel between the loose cover and the treadmill base. Pretty shabby.

The staff at the restaurant seemed more interested in closing the restaurant than helping the folk that were eating (there were 3 parties. In fact, after showing me what was available for a quick snack, and after saying it sounded good, the host then asked "Do you want to sit?" I responded, "So, where would I stand?" He then said, "Well you could have it take out, or have it delivered to your room." In retrospect, I now realize he was trying to get me not to sit. I had no idea they were trying to close, and he made no indication that such was the case.

Anyway, for a hotel that wants to be a service hotel, I found it a bit weak.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 November 2009

I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in D.C. The location is great, being two blocks from the Capitol, Supreme Court, and Library of Congress.

If booking online, it pays to call and ask about pricing. We stayed two nights and got two different prices for two different nights. When we called, they gave us both nights for the reduced rate.

The rooms were very nicely kept. The beds were wonderful and very comfortable. The staff were all very pleasant and accommodating.

Overall, it was a very good experience. The only real complaint was having to pay for internet access, which I did not choose to do.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 November 2009

This a wonderful hotel with a very nice staff. I did not like the room location so they gave me a new room on top floor, very quiet. The bed was marvelous, the room spotless clean. Everything was working fine. The staff is extremly pleasant and helpful - from bell man to front desk to restaurant server and manager. I had a complaint about a part of my dinner, and they immediately gave me a free breakfast buffet coupon. This is how it should be done! The only thing I would recommend is to work on the food quality and execution . . . but there are plenty of other fine dining options in DC! Will definitely return.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 November 2009

This hotel is in a great location...3 blocks from Union Station (Metro, Amtrak, Marc trains) and around 3 blocks to the Capital. It is in easy walking distance to a lot of sights. Our room was clean, roomy and nicely decorated and actually nicer than the $300 a night room we stayed in the night before (near the Zoo/Adams Morgan) and we only paid $93/night as part of a special fall rate. The staff was very nice and helpful. I will definitely stay there the next time I visit DC and highly recommend it to others as well.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2009

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night. It cost us around $300 excluding breakfast. It is very close to Capitol Hill and the other major monuments and therefore very convenient. The hotel is also clean and the room we got was spacious. However, the staff are rude. Our rooms were not available until 4pm. We arrived at 12 pm, we were offered no apologies, just matter of fact statement- we were full last night come back in four hours. We were visiting the US for the first time from the UK, when we asked the reception information about Washington DC, the staff were rude and unhelpful. Our room phone did not work. Came down to the reception, again the staff were unhelpful and I was not able to retrieve a messages that was left for us. I expected better trained staff from a 4 star hotel. Also I was told we would get a room with a view of Capitol Hill but our room faced the road. I would not stay at this hotel again and do not recommend it as an important part of being at a hotel is to be made to feel welcome.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple