Willard InterContinental Washington
  • Breakfast included
US$301
US$257
  • Room Service
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
US$418
US$237
US$194
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
US$193
US$165
  • Room Service
Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$195
3,336 results
All reviewscafe du parcthe round robin barpeacock alleywhite housewashington monumentbeautiful hotelclassic hotelroom servicebeautiful lobbyperfect locationnational mallan upgrademini barroom was largeturn down servicetwo blockssmithsonian museums
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 June 2011

If you want a top class hotel as near to The White House as you can get, then this is the one. Beautiful lobby with fantastic floral displays. Good size room, reasonably quiet. My only gripe is they charge for Wi-Fi. Come on Willard, if the food hall round the corner doesnt, why on earth do you?

HOHO buses stop right outside and its an easy walk to most museums/tourist hot spots.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2011

If you like historic hotels, this is perfect. Great location and so beautiful. The service is very nice too and not in a stuffy way. I ended up ordering breakfast from room service and I was pretty surprised at how good it was considering that I usually find room service sort of disappointing for the price. Everything was cooked perfectly and piping hot. Not ridiculously expensive either. There is also a little espresso bar place in the lobby that is good for coffee and pasty. I also saw a lot of people having afternoon tea and it looked really good. The room was very nice and clean and the bed was super comfortable too.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 June 2011

We have stayed at the Willard several times, and each time we return is just as wonderful as the last. We spent New Year's Eve there, and the hotel staff outdid themselves. You can't beat the Willard for service, location, or comfort. I wish it could be cloned in every city we visit!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 June 2011

My husband booked a romantic night in DC for me to celebrate my birthday. The Willard Hotel went above and beyond to help him make the night memorable. I checked into the hotel before my husband arrived from work, only to find a bottle of Champagne on ice and an edible arrangement in my room. The room was very clean and well designed. The service was also very quick and efficient. Breakfast in bed the next morning was heaven.
This hotel will always be number one for me.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2011

The Willard InterContinental Hotel is right next to the Treasury Building in DC and two blocks from the White House.It is an historic hotel with an excellent,responsive,prompt and knowlegeable staff.Just steps from the action the Willard hosts a lively little bar which claims to be the home of the original mint julep.The hotel itself is grand.The rooms are adequate but not spacious.We had a room with two queen beds.The mini fridge was stocked with drinks and booze...all over-priced.We did not use that inventory.There was even a charge for removing all of the drinks inventory and NOT consuming it.The idea would be that even though the fridge is there,do not use it for your own personal drinks,as they wish to sell you overpriced products.Quite disingenuous of them.The rest of the room was nicely appointed,however,the queen beds shared only one nightstand in the middle.Therefore,the persons sleeping on the outsides,respectively,had no place for their miscellany at night.The bath was nicely appointed.There was NO hot tub in the bath.Something one would expect for the money the rooms cost. The hotel lobby is breath taking.There is a small convenience store with various sundries...The concierge is helpful.The valets,bellhops and footmen are helpful as well.All in all,it's a class operation that caters to the wealthy and powerful. However,sometimes it seems that the wealthy and powerful are suckers.I suppose they must have their own space too.I just have to say that we are spoiled by our timeshares. We have stayed in timeshare venues that easily beat the Willard in terms of amenities,space and value.There was neither a pool nor a public hot tub to massage my poor,aching legs at the Willard after three days of walking and sightseeing. I guess I was supposed to be impressed by the fact that Lincoln once slept there and should therefore enjoy paying roughly $400 per night for just an adequate room? The politee staff did help make up for it,though.The place is immaculately clean,too.The restaurant attached to the Willard is very expensive.Though they claim that the chef is a 3 star Michelin cuisinaire,it's simply not true that he will be cooking your meal.He started the restaurant years ago and consults with it from time to time.That's all.Go to the corner bakery for your cofffee,breakfast and lunch.For dinner,go to the Old Ebbits Grill.You can't lose in both price and quality at both places.Ask the concierge for directions.They are both in the immediate area,within just a few minutes walking distance.The Willard's location is it's greatest asset.If you are sightseeing without a rental car like we were,the Willard is in a superb location for you.That is if you can afford it.Luckily for us,we used our priority club points for the entire stay.

Room Tip: Call the reservations desk in advance for a bette.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family