We stayed at the Willard for 7 nights. We were able to book 5 of the nights at a conference rate and one night at the weekend rate so only one night was a little painful on the wallet and that was a birthday so it wasn't so bad. We were in room 316 with a king bed. The room amenities were quite nice, we were off of 14th street and we did sometimes hear a little traffic noise, but never enough to bother us.. It still amazes me though that the high end hotels charge for internet access but the lower end ones offer it for free (we both had to work while there since we were there for a conference plus a few days for ourselves). This is the way it is though and we did know this ahead of time. The room was kept very clean, our only complaint would be that the wine glasses from the mini bar area were not replenished every day so we usually had to call and ask for more, they were always delivered quickly. We did not use the mini bar at all, we rarely do, the prices seemed to be about the same as other mini bars, hubby thought that might be why they didn't replace the wine glasses every day automatically. The TV had a wide range of channels and quite a few international channels as well, nice LG flat panel. Cafe du Parc was reasonably priced for take out for pastries and coffee, we did not eat any other meals there. The Willard restaurant was closed for August so we did not get to try that. The bar was very nice, we only had a drink there, no food, it did feel more formal in there. We were able to walk/metro everywhere we wanted to go and we had a good time seeing the sites in DC. The staff were all very attentive and responsive to requests. We felt were treated well by all of them, even when we were dressed in shorts and t-shirts for running around and doing touristy things in the August heat. We did not have time to try the spa so we don't know how it compares with others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the nation's capital, two blocks from the White House, The Willard InterContinental Washington, D.C. offers 335 spacious and elegantly appointed guest rooms, 41 of which are suites, that exude a unique blend of contemporary luxury and historic charm. Many of The Willard's guest rooms feature views of Pennsylvania Avenue and historic landmarks like the Washington Monument as well as downtown Washington, D.C. The Willard has been the site of many prestigious meetings, conferences and social events for nearly 200 years. With 19 meeting rooms and over 22,000 sq. ft. of event space, The Willard features unique and elegant function rooms including several ballrooms from which to choose. Discover a relaxing counterpoint to the busy pace of Washington, D.C. as you savor the fare at Cafe du Parc, featuring delicious French bistro cuisine and exquisite house-made patisseries. Reserve a table on one of Washington's most popular terraces' or dine inside in a modern, sleek Parisian-style setting. Join us for a drink in the historic Round Robin Bar. Located just off the lobby of The Willard, the Round Robin Bar has been a lively meeting place for Washington's political and social elite since the days of Abraham Lincoln. Long celebrated as one of the best in D.C., this legendary bar was known as the nexus of "Rum Row" and the "E street Corridor" -- plying its trade to luminaries such as Mark Twain and Walt Whitman. Today, this fashionable downtown spot draws a smart, stylish cross section of DC movers and shakers. The Round Robin Bar is open seven days a week, Monday through Saturday from 12 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. and Sundays 12:00 p.m. to midnight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Willard InterContinental Washington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Willard Intercontinental Washington Hotel Washington Dc
- Intercontinental Washington Dc
- Intercontinental Hotel Washington Dc