Willard InterContinental Washington
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
US$550
  • Restaurant
Phoenix Park Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$416
US$371
US$382
US$332
Official Website
  • Restaurant
Sofitel Washington DC(Washington DC)
US$402
US$378
  • Room Service
Hotel Lombardy(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$356
US$286
US$455
US$378
  • Bar/Lounge
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
US$349
US$289
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
US$498
US$413
  • Pool
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
US$469
US$183
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
US$449
US$361
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
3,409 results
All reviewscafe du parcthe round robin barpeacock alleywhite housewashington monumentbeautiful hotelclassic hotelroom servicebeautiful lobbyperfect locationnational mallan upgrademini barroom was largeturn down servicetwo blockssmithsonian museums
Reviewed 16 February 2014

This is not the cookie-cutter box hotel that has become ubiquitous even with luxury properties. Every room I've been in has been unique. I like that.

The bell and front desk service is excellent -- exactly as you would expect from a major hotel in a major city. The rooms service is expensive -- but not unreasonable when compared to that at other hotels in major cities. And the food quality is very good.

My main reason for not rating this a full 5 star hotel is that some of the rooms have unacceptable noise transmitted from the hallways. As well, the room rates seem to vary wildly, even more so than similar luxury properties. As an example, I have planned months ahead to check rates and found rates as low as the low $180, and over $500 at other times. Go figure.

If you can snare a low rate, grab the room. This hotel is worth it.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

No complaints. Feels nice, clean, and comfortable. Also definitely a step above your average hotel. Not an overall 5 because it's not the best I have experienced but I would definitely return. If you are there for the Spa( the Elizabeth Arden red door spa on the 2nd floor) that is another story. My appointment was cancelled at the last minute with sincere apologies. The place was nice and clean as felt like a good spa but for some reason my facial did not quite get my face clean. I discovered make up around my eyes and nose when wiping my face in the steam room. The good thing is the front desk associate whose name I cannot recall was fantastic and offered great customer service. She did not charge for my services and gave me a parting gift as a result of the foregoing experiences. She was extremely professional and pleasant. The last down side is that I am still waiting for a call from the manager as promised.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 7 February 2014

This is the place to stay! Unbelievably beautiful hotel that oozes history. The small lobby doesn't feel small. Look up. The ceiling contains plates of all the states. The long corridor, where tea is served, is beautiful. The little french cafe serves amazing breakfasts. The rooms are great, marble bathrooms, comfortable beds & all modern conveniences.

Staff is ever helpful too.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Soma_Sengupta00
Reviewed 5 February 2014

If you love historic hotels that ooze charm then this is your place. I had read so many good reviews that I worried the hotel would disappoint, but it didn't. If you are looking for 5 star luxury in the modern, 'Asian/Middle East capital-city-style' (some call them 'contemporary' I call them 'clinical') - then this is not your place. It has its quirks, and there were a few minor problems that might worry some people. But when you think that Lincoln and Luther King Jnr were here -well, that was enough for me!

The lobby is one of the most indulgent I have experienced, it reminded me of old European hotels with plush fabrics, huge floral displays, marble floors,column and a huge scale. A lovely sense of arrival and the door staff were attentive and friendly.

Our room at the front of the hotel had a view over the Elipse, we could see the Pentagon and Arlington in the distance and were thrilled to watch Obama's motorcade swing past on its way to the White House - all 30 vehicles!. Our bed was large and comfortable, the room clean and bathroom spacious enough for two. The shower was over a bath, and toilet in the same room. While it wasn't a huge bathroom, it was certainly adequate. Our double room had an extra 'space' which we used as a dressing area, with a fridge, tea and coffee making and large wardrobe. I asked for a quiet room and although our room was two doors from the lift - we didn't hear a thing.

As for location - we walked everywhere from the hotel. Ir is literally 3 minutes from the White House and it took us around 30 minutes to stroll up to Capital Hill. Best of all is the Old Ebitt Grill restaurant and bar, again a 5 minute walk from the hotel. Good food, well-priced, great service and open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We even at dinner at midnight after our 'Monuments by Moonlight' tour and the place was packed.

We enjoyed the Willard bar however, we weren't overly impressed with the restaurant. We ventured out on the recommendations of local Washington newspaper reviews I googled and had a few magical evenings -- try The Oval Room from dinner and don't leave DC without a drink at the bar of the Hay-Adams hotel. Both are a short cab ride form the hotel of 10 minute walk.

On the day we left they were putting up the Christmas tree in the lobby - magical!

We will be back to the Willard. It is the type of hotel you remember for ever.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front overlooking the Elipse - and fairly high up.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KThang
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Start with location: Amazing--might as well be AT the White House. Wonderfully helpful and polite staff gorgeous lobby, with NYT, WSJ, Financial Times, USA Today and the Wash Post stacked on a table....large rooms, comfortable beds, very nice bathroom amenities (even a scale!) HUGE flat screen TV, Multiple HBO channels...K cup coffee makers, yadda yadda yadda...Love this place. And I will top it off: on my way to the Willard, a button popped off my overcoat. I asked them for help when I checked... ten minutes later they were knocking on my door with the button sewn on, no charge. WIllard: you have my business!

Room Tip: You can at least ask for something with a view of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business