Willard InterContinental Washington
Hotel Lombardy(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$399
US$321
  • Restaurant
Phoenix Park Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$371
  • Restaurant
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
US$395
US$330
  • Breakfast included
US$433
US$355
  • Bar/Lounge
Sofitel Washington DC(Washington DC)
US$437
US$412
  • Room Service
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
US$440
  • Pool
US$460
US$360
Official Website
  • Restaurant
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
US$492
US$470
  • Room Service
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
US$630
US$464
US$413
  • Pool
3,400 results
All reviewscafe du parcthe round robin barpeacock alleywhite housewashington monumentbeautiful hotelclassic hotelroom servicebeautiful lobbyperfect locationnational mallan upgrademini barroom was largeturn down servicetwo blockssmithsonian museums
Reviewed 14 June 2014

When I arrived at the hotel I was greeted by Oliver one of the Porters who treated me like I was a member of the family and that I had been a regularly coming there for years. I was on the 11th floor. The next morning I had a lovely continental breakfast in their restaurant (Cafe du Parc), pity there were no offers on the price of the breakfast. If like me, you prefer a lighter breakfast, you can stay downstairs in the cafe and have a croissant or pain au chocolat and a coffee whilst overlooking Pennsylvania Avenue, at a 1/4 of the price! The towels and amenities were replenished daily. The bed was really high, I felt like a kid having to jump onto the bed just to get into it! The room was relatively quiet in terms of noise from 14th street below. The Reception staff were brilliant as because of all the museums that I had visited my key card had become demagnetised and I couldn't get into my room, and they were more than happy to replace it, and again when I happened 2 days before leaving (I think that I had it too near my mobile phone). I also met Rene another member of the hotel's staff in Cafe du Parc. On the Sunday I had the pleasure in witnessing the attendees arriving for the 9th annual Cinderella Ball in aid of the children of military families with special needs and terminal illnesses. The in-hotel shop came to my aid when I had to buy a second bag for my carry-on luggage as I had overdone it with my shopping. Upon leaving I saw that Vice President Joe Biden was holding a lunch there. As I was leaving Oliver took my bags to the car for me. The whole experience was wonderful and I'm so glad that my first trip to DC was made even more special by the staff at The Willard! Thank You! The only down side was that out of the 4 guest elevators 2 were being worked on from Friday 6th June (but there are 2 more up some stairs down the every end of the corridor).

Room Tip: Try asking for a room that ends in 00 as these I hear are the best.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
PatrickBirchall, General Manager at Willard InterContinental Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Willard InterContinental during your first trip to Washington, D.C. I am beyond thrilled with the kindness of this review. We have built a great relationship with The House, Inc. over the past few years and are honored to host of the Cinderella Ball. The Willard is known as “the residence of presidents.” Keep your camera close; you never know who you will run into! Rene and Oliver are great asset to our team; always striving to go the extra mile. On behalf of the entire staff, I am thrilled we were able to contributing to a memorable stay in the our nation's capital.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Stay at the Willard for very convenient location near White House, Treasury, and easy walk to Mall and most tourist attractions. It is a modernized (in the good sense) historic hotel in a central location which is amazingly quiet for sleeping and street ambiance due to set backs and traffic security restrictions. The Occidental Restaurant, next door, exudes history (an amazing photo wall) and serves acceptable food. Service is very good, and function rooms exude historic splendor. You can enter valet parking underground from rear of building. Breakfast food was of good quality, but menu selection and buffet items were extraordinarily limited by Asian standards. Bathrooms are well maintained 70's standards; ok for historic hotel, but not 5* standards in 2014.

Room Tip: Had a Pennsylvania Avenue facing room on 2 -- sort of a junior suite and was amazed at lack of noise and pleasant view of street through trees and overlook of outdoor cafe -- a surprisingly great room location.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jpmsenior

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Willard during your recent trip to Washington, D.C. We are so thrilled that you enjoyed many aspects of the hotel. The Occidental has quite the collection of celebrity autographed portraits adorning their walls. I apologize for the limited breakfast options and will keep this in mind for our continued menu changes. We will be adding a Asian dish daily as of the fall. We hope that you will choose The Willard should you find yourself traveling back to Washington, D.C.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

My stay was great. My room was an upgrade at check in, so maybe bigger than others. Plenty of space, very clean and the bedding is exquisite. Ask for a room with the upgraded "experimental" bedding. Bath amenities are nice too. Easy to get cabs at all times and walking distance to the National Mall and all the museums and monuments. The cafe on site has good food as well. It's not super modern, but has that big hotel of yore character and class.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Willard InterContinental Washington, D.C. I am happy to hear that you were impressed with one of our mattress contenders. The Cafe du Parc has just created a new menu with summer specials and the flower beds on the terrace are in full bloom. We hope to welcome you back soon so that you can visit a few museums and monuments you might have missed this trip.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Stayed here for a conference. Food and facilities were excellent. Room was well appointed with plenty of bandwidth on wifi. Check in and check out were smooth and staff was friendly. Would return again on vacation for,the right price.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing the Willard InterContinental and for your kindness with this review. We continuously upgrade our internet bandwidth and I’m glad you found it to be convenient. Thank you for sharing your comments on the quality and facilities of our meeting space. Please do come back for pleasure in the near future.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We splurged on this hotel, wanting a great location and comfortable stay. I was not disappointed. Our room (standard King bed room) was spotless and comfortable, well decorated and has a very comfortable bed. Staff are very pleasant, opening doors, saying good day and the desk clerk even told us two cute historical stories about the hotel upon check in. It is minutes away from numerous restaurants, sites, and 5 min walk to "the mall". Across the street from the White House. Very safe neighborhood - even walking at night. Has great history by itself. Only disappointing thing - we had to pay for wifi. In this day and age, wifi should be free - especially with the price of this room. That said, great hotel!

Room Tip: Our room faced F Street and was quiet overall. It doesn't seem like a loud street on any side of the building.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Willard InterContinental Washington, D.C. I am happy that you found our service and amenities to be worth your money. Please consider signing up for the IHG Rewards program which includes many benefits such as free internet and room upgrades. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.