“Great location for a quick weekend trip”

Willard InterContinental Washington
Ranked #13 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I enjoyed my 2 night stay here for a girls weekend. The hotel has amazing history and, as others have said, it is very conveniently located. We didn't take our car anywhere because it was just so much easier to walk. The room was the size I expected from an older hotel, but clean and well-appointed with an enormous TV (apparently new per the front desk staff).

Room Tip: Higher floors most likely have less street noise
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is perfectly placed near the museums and monuments (walking distance). We have had 2 wonderful stays with the Willard. Staff are helpful and courteous, always responding to our needs. The room service breakfast is out of this world. Everything is expensive so just go in knowing that. Rooms are spacious and beautifully decorated. Need a little updating to the bathrooms, but overall very nice. Walking distance to many restaurants and easy access to cabs with the valet. Love this place!

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Michele G
Reviewed 17 August 2014

very little more to say. Restaurant was awful. Sent the steak back twice. If it wasn't over hung it was off. Very tired looking surroundings and the staff were superior, inattentive and downright chaotic at times. The restrooms reminded me of those in a railway station. You need to pull your socks up Willard and look to the beautiful, sophisticated Hay Adams as your inspiration.

Room Tip: Nothing to add unfortunately.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Narcissus666
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Willard InterContinental Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear Narcissus666,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is truly regrettable that you did not fully enjoy your recent stay with us and sincerely apologize if some of our services fell below your standards. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Rest assured actions will be taken accordingly in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Faith R

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We came back to our wedding spot 10 years later. Our valet and bellman definitely not pleasant. The front desk Ali made up for all of that with his warm sincere conduct. The room on the second floor comfy but VERY noisy. No hot water in the morning ;( had room service for breakfast efficient and delicious but certainly pricy. So overall I think there are better places to stay in the area but for nostalgic reasons we will probably visit again but not soon.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anonthego

Dear Anonthego,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. It is always our goal to provide convenient and world class service to our guests. We apologize we were not able to exceed your expectations during your stay. Please be assured that these will be looked into so our team can take actions accordingly.

Karen C

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We stayed here based on location and were very pleased with the services, comfort, and convenience to visit all the nearby sites. Many places to eat nearby, walk to every thing, and relax with a cocktail in the bar.

Room Tip: Higher floors, less noise and potential city view
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BurritoBandito
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I'm honestly a little disappointed by my stay at the Willard. It's in a gorgeous building in the heart of DC and has a very special history. The last time I stayed as in 2007, and it was one of the most luxurious hotels I had ever stayed in. I had so much been looking forward to staying here, especially now that it's an Intercontinental, but I think I'll be heading back to my other DC favorites--the Hay Adams and the Loews, both of which have been consistently excellent.

I am on night 2 of a 2-night trip that I booked through my office's travel agency. Last night there was cigarette smoke coming in through the vents of my room. The room itself was starting to look a little warn, needing carpet and wallpaper updates to freshen the place up. The front desk kindly switched rooms for me this afternoon, and I swapped cigarette smoke for a dank, stuffy smell. The new room, though on a higher floor, is similarly feeling a little run down, gets a lot of street noise, and the toilet runs. The wifi in both rooms was very weak, making it challenging to get work done efficiently. The linens are clean and nicely bleached, but nothing special. For a hotel of this caliber, there aren't any of the typical niceties--e.g., complimentary bottles of water, fresh fruit in the lobby, etc.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jbosusa
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Willard InterContinental Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear Jbosusa,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am pleased to know that your issues regarding the previous room assigned to you was addressed in a timely manner. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if our hotel fell below your expectations. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

I recently stayed at the Willard for a wedding and will definitely be returning. The history of the hotel is amazing! Very conveniently located to the attractions and the train station. The staff at the hotel couldn't be more accomodating. The room was large, clean and beautifully decorated. I look forward to returning.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo