Exceeded our expectations for a 40th anniversary celebration. Long-time fans of grand old hotels, we sought a venue with history and elegance. The Willard delivered! We asked for - and were granted - an upgrade to a suite. And WHAT a suite it was! Huge and lavishly-appointed. We got a glimpse of a "standard" room and saw that we would have been perfectly happy with one of those but the hotel staff was so willing to accommodate us we could hardly refuse. It was fun to watch events surrounding 2 weddings going on during our stay. We enjoyed having drinks in the bar on site and breakfast in The Crystal Room. We were mildly disappointed not to be able to have breakfast outdoors at Café du Parc since it was such a gorgeous morning. Our celebration included dinner at Old Ebbitts Grill (another time we'd opt for something quieter and off the beaten path) and a fabulous performance by The Capitol Steps. The Willard was perfectly-situated for all of this. Special shout-outs to Margaret Rufkowska (a trainee who has more than earned her "wings") MOD, Cintia Becerra, and the concierges. Almost everyone with whom we came in contact wished us happy anniversary. Complimentary champagne was offered, even!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the nation's capital, two blocks from the White House, The Willard InterContinental Washington, D.C. offers 335 spacious and elegantly appointed guest rooms, 41 of which are suites, that exude a unique blend of contemporary luxury and historic charm. Many of The Willard's guest rooms feature views of Pennsylvania Avenue and historic landmarks like the Washington Monument as well as downtown Washington, D.C. The Willard has been the site of many prestigious meetings, conferences and social events for nearly 200 years. With 19 meeting rooms and over 22,000 sq. ft. of event space, The Willard features unique and elegant function rooms including several ballrooms from which to choose. Discover a relaxing counterpoint to the busy pace of Washington, D.C. as you savor the fare at Cafe du Parc, featuring delicious French bistro cuisine and exquisite house-made patisseries. Reserve a table on one of Washington's most popular terraces' or dine inside in a modern, sleek Parisian-style setting. Join us for a drink in the historic Round Robin Bar. Located just off the lobby of The Willard, the Round Robin Bar has been a lively meeting place for Washington's political and social elite since the days of Abraham Lincoln. Long celebrated as one of the best in D.C., this legendary bar was known as the nexus of "Rum Row" and the "E street Corridor" -- plying its trade to luminaries such as Mark Twain and Walt Whitman. Today, this fashionable downtown spot draws a smart, stylish cross section of DC movers and shakers. The Round Robin Bar is open seven days a week, Monday through Saturday from 12 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. and Sundays 12:00 p.m. to midnight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Willard InterContinental Washington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Willard Intercontinental Washington Hotel Washington Dc
- Intercontinental Washington Dc
- Intercontinental Hotel Washington Dc