Fantastic weekend at the Willard. Reasonable weekend rates.
Top quality hotel - and room- ours wasn't enormous but adequate.
Very clean - comfortable bed -chairs- desk - safe- coffee maker-iron etc.
The location is fantastic - two blocks from the whitehouse and walkable to most of the ''must do sites.
Tour bus stops outside the front door and the Metro (Metro Center) is again just a couple of blocks away.
DO- Eat at Potenza Italian restaurant , corner of 15th and H street
DO- Eat at the Corner Bakery for breakfast - Next to Fileenes Basement
MOAN-Wifi and Internet available $10 for 24 hours - I dont know why hotels don't provide it free
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the nation's capital, two blocks from the White House, The Willard InterContinental Washington, D.C. offers 335 spacious and elegantly appointed guest rooms, 41 of which are suites, that exude a unique blend of contemporary luxury and historic charm. Many of The Willard's guest rooms feature views of Pennsylvania Avenue and historic landmarks like the Washington Monument as well as downtown Washington, D.C. The Willard has been the site of many prestigious meetings, conferences and social events for nearly 200 years. With 19 meeting rooms and over 22,000 sq. ft. of event space, The Willard features unique and elegant function rooms including several ballrooms from which to choose. Discover a relaxing counterpoint to the busy pace of Washington, D.C. as you savor the fare at Cafe du Parc, featuring delicious French bistro cuisine and exquisite house-made patisseries. Reserve a table on one of Washington's most popular terraces' or dine inside in a modern, sleek Parisian-style setting. Join us for a drink in the historic Round Robin Bar. Located just off the lobby of The Willard, the Round Robin Bar has been a lively meeting place for Washington's political and social elite since the days of Abraham Lincoln. Long celebrated as one of the best in D.C., this legendary bar was known as the nexus of "Rum Row" and the "E street Corridor" -- plying its trade to luminaries such as Mark Twain and Walt Whitman. Today, this fashionable downtown spot draws a smart, stylish cross section of DC movers and shakers. The Round Robin Bar is open seven days a week, Monday through Saturday from 12 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. and Sundays 12:00 p.m. to midnight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Willard InterContinental Washington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Willard Intercontinental Washington Hotel Washington Dc
- Intercontinental Washington Dc
- Intercontinental Hotel Washington Dc