Comfort Inn Downtown DC / Convention Center
US$503
US$458
The Watergate
  • Pool
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
US$343
US$303
  • Breakfast included
US$193
US$187
  • Pool
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
US$499
US$278
Agoda.com
US$355
US$265
Official Website
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$254
Travelocity
  • Pool
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
US$255
Hotelpower.com
1,124 results
All reviewsfront deskwhite housebreakfast roomyogurtmake your own waffleswithin walking distancedc convention centerhot breakfastfree breakfastcorner roomnational mallthe general managerrooms are smallvalet parkingfew blocksvalet servicebeds were comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 July 2011

The re-model was not finished as I was told.
Kyle at the front desk was very helpful..
My room was on 13th. Street side and fire station next block,lots of noise.
The breakfast was great, but area was a little small,my room was clean,the elevator's were old and some people got stuck,great location to most of downtown activities,pleasant walk in area.
NO POOL,GYM WAS OUT OF ORDER.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side,not on 13th.Street side.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
gmdc601, Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown DC / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2011

Thank you so much for your review, renovations are moving quickly and our lobby is almost ready, we will update our pictures at trip advisor very soon. We started the modernization of our elevators and we are paying for customer to workout at Balance gym while our exercise room in under renovation. Thanks for the complement in our staff, we have a team that is always ready to help, please come to see us again; we really appreciated your business.

Reviewed 17 July 2011

I booked here based on the reviews of others. Maybe they had a better experience than mine. But I must tell you, I cancelled and moved hotel the moment I saw the room.

The receptionist, Noemi, was very helpful and understanding of our situation. (Bless her), but other than that, I think you can find a better hotel than this hotel.

The room we got is tiny,
the smell musty,
the A/C was right beside the bed (you might get pneumonia),
and it is FAR.

For somebody who is not choosy at all, I made the decision to move hotel for the sake of my child. I just added a few more bucks and I was able to get a four star hotel AT THE HEART of D.C.

If you are on a budget and you do not have a kid with you, I think this is fine. But if you are travelling with your family - I might suggest looking for something else.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank catheryn54
gmdc601, Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown DC / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2011

Thank you very much for sharing your opinion about the Comfort Inn Convention Center Downtown DC. Our goal is to ensure each guest's satisfaction and I am saddened to hear that your room did not meet your expectation. I would like the opportunity to discuss this in detail with you so please give me a call on 202 682 5300 or email comfortinndc601gm@baywoodhotles.com.
I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Reviewed 14 July 2011

What a good stay we had here. Rooms are wonderful very clean!! The hotel is in a great location near everything. We ate at a great restraunt called Tuscana West this was reccommeded to us by the front desk agent, (KYLE) thx! Everybody was very friendly and the free breakfast and wireless was great. Thank you for taking such good care of us we will be back again!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank oldrockyroad
gmdc601, Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown DC / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2011

Thank you for your review, we are glad you took advantage of our location, Front desk restaurant recommendation, breakfast and internet. We had just upgraded our Breakfast rooms and Internet. Thank you for staying with us and please let me know next time you come to see us and I would like to thank you personally for choosing our hotel.

Reviewed 13 July 2011

First off, I’m not sure why a previous poster said it is not really convenient to the Convention Center. It is literally FIVE short blocks on M Street. Since the Convention Center is three blocks long, it’s only 2/3 as long to get there. Okay, now on to the review.

The key word here is LOCATION. If you need to be near the Convention Center, this may be the closest hotel. Also – depending on when you book – it may be the best value. And boy do these folks – under the direction of Manager Mario – try hard. (I’m sure Mario will post a reply here… I was impressed that he actually READS the reviews.

We spent two nights this weekend (Saturday and Sunday) and we booked the hotel 6 months prior (big convention) knowing they were doing renovations. The renovations are still ongoing – and will probably be finished in September – but in the mean time the areas you use are done. The rooms are nicely done with either 1 king or 2 doubles. The corner rooms may look small but that is because of the configuration. The mid-hall ones are large. The Lobby is under major renovation so there is none to speak of. But there is coffee – and lemon water and cookies in the afternoon – in the first floor hall. (Note to Mario – the evening staff needs to be conscious to remove the trash from the small container there as it builds up. It’s pretty obvious. My ONLY real criticism.).

The Breakfast room in lower level is large and – though busy for about 30 minutes still had plenty of room. Breakfast was GREAT! Not only the standard CI breakfast with waffles but REAL scrambled eggs and bacon (one day) or sausage links (the next). VERY nice.

Now – as for location – it is best for Convention Center but don’t plan to be close to anything else. This is a residential neighborhood. Nearest food is chains like Quiznos, Cosi, and Subway within 3 blocks. It’s about 7 or 8 blocks to P Street where there is the second largest Whole Foods I’ve ever seen and EVERYONE goes there. Also ice cream shops etc. It’s about 12 blocks to Dupont Circle.. nice walk but not exactly close. Taking 13th Street about 10 blocks – 20 minutes – you are at the Museum of American History and the Mall. If you are a walker, this is fine. We did not have a car so I can’t discuss parking.

Staff was always friendly and helpful!

Another hint to Mario – Pick up the fold out Downtown maps that the tourist folks hand out on the street. They actually are thin, and large scale and show the CI location! Put them out for your guests. The only maps at the desk are in the Visitor’s Guide and these are WAY too detailed and don’t show hotel location in relation to Mall, etc.

BTW, no pool here - fine with me - and during renovation - they comp you at a nearby health club.

I’m not sure when we will be back in DC again but I would certainly consider this hotel again if price is competitive. I was using Choice Hotels a lot but only recently realized how poor their rewards pgm is (points expire in 2 years and you need 20,000 points to stay at a $100/night hotel), so Choice lost my loyalty for that.

Mario, you run a great hotel and I’m glad I had a chance to at least say “hi” in person.

Room Tip: High fllors quieter, corner rooms a bit smaller
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank SteveinPhilly
gmdc601, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown DC / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2011

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of the Comfort Inn Convention Center Downtown DC. Comments like yours make our team both happy and determined to provide even better service.
I have been the General Manager of this hotel for 4 months with the mission to improve our service to a much higher level. We have seen improvements in service and product quality but also realize that there is room for improvement so I entreat you to also let us know when we fall short during your future visits. Service to us is a privilege and we continue to be committed to providing excellent service to our guests.
Thank you again for your review and for staying with us. Please let me know next time you come to stay with us as I would like to thank you personally for choosing our hotel.

Reviewed 12 July 2011

Although this location was not that convenient to the Convention Center (s advertised) or to public transportation (metro), it was well-maintained with good breakfast service and very helpful front desk employees. My wife and I had requested a queen-sized bed, but had not expected one where you could only get out of one side! Our room appeared to have been designed for a single person...not a couple.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
gmdc601, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown DC / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2011

Thank you very much for your review. I will make sure that our website shows the correct distance to the convention center and public transportation. We are 0.4 miles from the Convention center and 0.4 miles to the McPherson Square metro station.
Our rooms have different sizes but some are bigger than others. Please let me know next time you come to stay with us I will upgrade you to a room with a King Size Bedroom. Thank you for staying with us.