“Gem in a great location”

Comfort Inn Downtown DC / Convention Center
Ranked #66 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Syracuse, New York
“Gem in a great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

Attended a conference at the Convention Center and this was the closest hotel, about 6 blocks away (less than 10 minutes to walk, or a $5 cab ride). The hotel was terrific - the room was very nice and always immaculate when I returned in the evening, the front desk staff were extremely helpful (especially Raj, who seemed to virtually live there), breakfast was excellent with many items to choose from.

1 Thank DanielleSyracuse
gmdc601, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown DC / Convention Center, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Dear DanielleSyracuse,
Thank you for staying with us and for your review. I’m glad you took advantage of our hotel features and services. Raj is a great employee and believe or not he is in vacation with his family in New York, He was very happy that you mention his name. Please come to visit us again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Indonesian first
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

Stayed for two nights in conjunction with an event at the convention center. Conveniently located, good room (albeit a bit small, but efficient) and wonderful staff---everyone pleasant, and helpful-especially Raj at the desk. Couldn't ask for more at the price.

Dear Ida P,
Thank you for staying with us and for your review, Raj was very happy with your mention, Please come to see us again soon.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights while attending a conference at the DC Convention Center. The staff were wonderful, attentive and helpful. They even called my room 10 minutes after I arrived to make sure everything was okay. The price was right, the room was spotless, the water pressure in the shower was awesome, my car was safe and sound, and there are a variety of restaurants within walking distance. As others have mentioned, the free breakfast was a huge plus since everything else in DC is so pricey. I'd definitely stay here again and would recommend this hotel to my friends and family in a heartbeat.

Dear LaurE027,
Thank you very much for staying with us and for writing a review, I’m glad our team was able to accomplish their goal of serving our guests with excellence. Thank you for your recommendation and we hope to serve you again soon.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

The hotel is conveniently located, accessible from public transport as well as for drivers. It's very clean and provides the most comfortable sleeping. Besides wifi connection in rooms it provides 2 free computors in the lobby plus a printer, so anybody can print their airline ticket on time.
But most remarkable is the friendly, cordial and helpful service. Exceptional were Raj and Mario who went out of their way to help us in a timely manner and a smile, at a very busy time, swamped with guests. Thank you, will reccommend!

Kansas City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

I stayed here on business; while it would have been out of my personal price range, the price was within the budget for my company. Compared to prices of other hotels in the vicinity, the value was excellent, especially considering the nice free breakfast and fast free wi-hi. The room was compact but made excellent use of space and light. The room was comfortably furnished and impeccably cleaned. Free cookies and coffee in the afternoon were a nice touch. Business center was cleaner and more organized than most - the computer I used was fast and not buggy at all, printed off my boarding pass and tour tickets very quickly. Considering you are in downtown DC, noise from outside was not bad and I experienced no noise from fellow guests. Staff did a great job. A great find and I plan to come back if in the area again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Kyle E, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown DC / Convention Center, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Dear kansascitystar,

Thank you for your review of the Comfort Inn Downtown DC. We are pleased to see you were able to take advantage of the great amenities we have to offer to our guest. We hope to see you soon.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

I stayed here a few weeks ago while attending a conference at the Washington DC convention center. I was a little worried because some of the older reviews weren't very good, but I found out upon getting there that they've completely remodeled the place and hired a new staff within the last six months. For a hotel priced the way it is, the stay was terrific. The staff was extremely friendly, the breakfast great (fresh fruit/juices, waffles, bagels, muffins), there's a gym with four exercise machines, weights and TVs, and it's only a five minute walk to the convention center. There's also a free internet center on the ground floor.

One thing to note is that the elevators are old and slow, so stay on a floor closer to the ground if possible. But really that's the only negative thing to say about it!

1 Thank BenB813
Dear BenB813,

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest at the Comfort Inn Downtown DC. We are glad you were happy with our staff and our most recent renovation. We apologize about the elevator. We have recently corrected this problem. Please the next time you travels bring you to DC give us a call. It would be an honor to have you as our guest again.
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

I cannot say enough good things about this establishment. From well before I got to the hotel until my day of checkout, I have experienced nothing more than a completely helpful staff. I even had a minor crisis one night and the front desk night manager, Raj, helped me print out color documents late at night!
The rooms are very nice, clean, and thoughtful. I traveled with 2 adults and 1 child and I really apreciated the pull-out sofa/bed in the room. This meant that I didn't have to have my child kicking me in the my bed all night!
Another small but important detail provided is really soft towels. I can't tell you how much I love not being scratched after I take a shower at a "budget" hotel. Not the case here. You get great prices AND soft towels!
The only con I can think of is the breakfast...the eggs and the other breakfast options leave much to be desired but I can deal with it!
I could go on and on but you'd do yourself a favor on your traveling psyche by staying at this wonderful establishment!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Kyle E, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown DC / Convention Center, responded to this review, 1 April 2012
Dear Jill T,

Thank you for your review of the Comfort Inn Downtown DC. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It is outstanding that our staff was able to assist you. It would be our pleasure to have you as our guest again. We hope you will visit soon.