“Unexpected 5-star service”

Ranked #71 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Brussels, Belgium
“Unexpected 5-star service”
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I've stayed at many Comfort Inns, and reviewed a few of them as well. This one stands out. First of all, it's completely renovated and the rooms have this spotless clean and shiny new feel to it.

What really got me though was this all-around 5-star service. I've never experienced this at any Comfort Inn before, not that I have any complaints about the service at any other Comfort Inn location, but this one clearly stands out. They always had coffee and cookies at a table right next to the reception for you. Everybody had a smile on their faces, and tried to help me out. I was late for breakfast on Sunday morning (or rather, almost noon would be more precise) and the lady at breakfast politely pointed out that breakfast was only until 10, before giving me a gigantic smile and asked me what I wanted for breakfast. Great! These people are the future 5-star hotel staff - I'm sure they'll end up in some of the plushest 5-star hotels in the years to come.

If I had to think hard about anything negative it was that one of the lifts was not working, I was told this will be solved in the near future because they are replacing the lift.

In a nutshell, this place is excellent value, I'll definitely stay here again next time.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank globezipper
gmdc601, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown DC / Convention Center, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Dear Globezipper,
Thank you very much for your review, our team is committed to offer excellent service and we are glad we were able to provide you with a great experience. Your comments about the future 5 star hotel staff made everyone smile and it was very kind and generous. Thank you for staying with us and please come to see us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Indonesian first
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 29 March 2012

My wife, 20-year-old daughter and I stayed at the hotel for six nights in March on a vacation trip to D.C.. The staff was very helpful, friendly and professional; the breakfasts were great, the location is excellent (not too far to walk to the tourist sites or the Metro); the room was very good. It was very obvious that hotel management and staff care about their guests' experiences. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank JimFulton590
Kyle E, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown DC / Convention Center, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Dear JimFulton590,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are glad to hear that you found our location great. We hope to see you again at the Comfort Inn Downtown DC.
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Attended a conference at the Convention Center and this was the closest hotel, about 6 blocks away (less than 10 minutes to walk, or a $5 cab ride). The hotel was terrific - the room was very nice and always immaculate when I returned in the evening, the front desk staff were extremely helpful (especially Raj, who seemed to virtually live there), breakfast was excellent with many items to choose from.

1 Thank DanielleSyracuse
Dear DanielleSyracuse,
Thank you for staying with us and for your review. I’m glad you took advantage of our hotel features and services. Raj is a great employee and believe or not he is in vacation with his family in New York, He was very happy that you mention his name. Please come to visit us again soon.
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Stayed for two nights in conjunction with an event at the convention center. Conveniently located, good room (albeit a bit small, but efficient) and wonderful staff---everyone pleasant, and helpful-especially Raj at the desk. Couldn't ask for more at the price.

Dear Ida P,
Thank you for staying with us and for your review, Raj was very happy with your mention, Please come to see us again soon.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights while attending a conference at the DC Convention Center. The staff were wonderful, attentive and helpful. They even called my room 10 minutes after I arrived to make sure everything was okay. The price was right, the room was spotless, the water pressure in the shower was awesome, my car was safe and sound, and there are a variety of restaurants within walking distance. As others have mentioned, the free breakfast was a huge plus since everything else in DC is so pricey. I'd definitely stay here again and would recommend this hotel to my friends and family in a heartbeat.

Dear LaurE027,
Thank you very much for staying with us and for writing a review, I’m glad our team was able to accomplish their goal of serving our guests with excellence. Thank you for your recommendation and we hope to serve you again soon.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 27 March 2012

The hotel is conveniently located, accessible from public transport as well as for drivers. It's very clean and provides the most comfortable sleeping. Besides wifi connection in rooms it provides 2 free computors in the lobby plus a printer, so anybody can print their airline ticket on time.
But most remarkable is the friendly, cordial and helpful service. Exceptional were Raj and Mario who went out of their way to help us in a timely manner and a smile, at a very busy time, swamped with guests. Thank you, will reccommend!

Kansas City
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I stayed here on business; while it would have been out of my personal price range, the price was within the budget for my company. Compared to prices of other hotels in the vicinity, the value was excellent, especially considering the nice free breakfast and fast free wi-hi. The room was compact but made excellent use of space and light. The room was comfortably furnished and impeccably cleaned. Free cookies and coffee in the afternoon were a nice touch. Business center was cleaner and more organized than most - the computer I used was fast and not buggy at all, printed off my boarding pass and tour tickets very quickly. Considering you are in downtown DC, noise from outside was not bad and I experienced no noise from fellow guests. Staff did a great job. A great find and I plan to come back if in the area again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Kyle E, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown DC / Convention Center, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Dear kansascitystar,

Thank you for your review of the Comfort Inn Downtown DC. We are pleased to see you were able to take advantage of the great amenities we have to offer to our guest. We hope to see you soon.