I had the privilege of being able to travel to DCA for work. Since it was my first trip to the East Coast, I had no idea what was in store for me at the Harrington, which was my original hotel booked through my admin assistant. After checking in and feeling creeped out, I decided to check out and look elsewhere. Lucky, the Comfort Inn had room rates for my conference group and I was able to get an awesome rate and awesome room!
Christine was excellent from the moment she picked up the phone and said hello. She assured me that I'll be taken cared of by her and her staff. When I arrived, Raj welcomed me and assisted with my check in. It was a brutal morning with a bad experience at the Harrington, so it was a joy to have a comfortable and welcoming atmosphere!
My room was great! A nice king sized bed, a desk that allowed me to set up shop with my laptop, a big closet that allowed me to hang all of work clothes, a nice full length mirror, a very clean bathroom and an excellent staff to top it all off. The Comfort Inn also provides a contenintal breakfast which I appreciated. It allowed me to eat and head out to work!
The hotel was warm and comfy which I appreciated coming back to after being in wind chills of negative degrees and snow. Coming from Hawaii, that's a big change in the weather.
Greg, their designated taxi driver was also pleasant. He provided excellent and safe service back to the airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 4 blocks from the Walter E. Washington Convention Center, our DC downtown hotel is within easy reach of the White House, Smithsonian Institution museums and the Jefferson and Lincoln memorials. We're steps from the McPherson Square Metro Station and Logan Circle, as well trendy shops, restaurants, legendary attractions and government agencies. Enjoy a great night's sleep in European-style guestrooms with sleek, contemporary decor and unique layouts. Relax after meetings or sightseeing in boutique style spaces outfitted with thoughtful travel amenities, like free Wi-Fi, refrigerator, cable TV, ergonomic work space, and iPod docking. Then sit back and enjoy the view. Feel right at home in DC when you stay with us. Wake up to our hot buffet breakfast and face the day with a smile. Enjoy a workout in our fitness center, grab drink at the shop, pick up tour tickets at the activity desk, or get your suit dry-cleaned. You're ready to go with free Wi-Fi and connected in the business center. It's all about you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Comfort Inn Downtown DC / Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Downtown Dc / Hotel Washington Dc
- Comfort Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Comfort Inn