“Comfort Inn Brings Comforts of Home!”

Comfort Inn Downtown DC / Convention Center
Ranked #73 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I had the privilege of being able to travel to DCA for work. Since it was my first trip to the East Coast, I had no idea what was in store for me at the Harrington, which was my original hotel booked through my admin assistant. After checking in and feeling creeped out, I decided to check out and look elsewhere. Lucky, the Comfort Inn had room rates for my conference group and I was able to get an awesome rate and awesome room!
Christine was excellent from the moment she picked up the phone and said hello. She assured me that I'll be taken cared of by her and her staff. When I arrived, Raj welcomed me and assisted with my check in. It was a brutal morning with a bad experience at the Harrington, so it was a joy to have a comfortable and welcoming atmosphere!
My room was great! A nice king sized bed, a desk that allowed me to set up shop with my laptop, a big closet that allowed me to hang all of work clothes, a nice full length mirror, a very clean bathroom and an excellent staff to top it all off. The Comfort Inn also provides a contenintal breakfast which I appreciated. It allowed me to eat and head out to work!
The hotel was warm and comfy which I appreciated coming back to after being in wind chills of negative degrees and snow. Coming from Hawaii, that's a big change in the weather.
Greg, their designated taxi driver was also pleasant. He provided excellent and safe service back to the airport.

Room Tip: Share your needs and wants with the hotel staff. They can help provide you the information you need...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Kristen F

Reviewed 31 January 2014

This was a good hotel, great location but the staff were awesome. Dantise at the front desk was able to help us with everything we needed. Breakfast room was a great way to start a day of site seeing.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Dave P
gmdc601, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown DC / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

Thank you for your review - Dantise and the rest of our team take great pride in providing superior customer service. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Yours in Hospitality,

David Brooks

Reviewed 31 January 2014

I was here to stay on End of August with my sister .i absolutely loved my stay in this hotel. Located in a very convenient location of DC, everything waa close by.
The front desk staff "Anisha" was such a great help. She was very attentive, polite and quick to respond to my needs. Rooms were very comfortable and clean:)So glad i chose this hotel and I can assure you that i will be back and i will also recommend it to friends and colleague.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank sudee5
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

This hotel is truly an exceptional place to stay. We were greeted by Asst. Manager and he called us to ensure our room is up to our satisfaction. A+++

Lobby and breakfast room were decorated to meet guest's needs. Variety of foods made our dining experience a plus!

Guestroom was very comfortable and roomy that we were able to place our luggage and walk around without any hesitation.

Thank you for providing such an excellent hospitality to us. We will return on our next visit to Washington, DC!!!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Simon S
Reviewed 27 January 2014

This hotel is clean, has an amazing staff and they will do whatever they can to make your stay amazing, the rooms are small, but trying to make room in busy downtown D.C. I guess thats what is expected. There is also no on site parking. You have to drop your car at the front door and someone will take it and park it for you before walking the few blocks back to the hotel. You should give at least 15-25 minutes notice before needing your car too. That would be my only real complaint. Breakfast was great and rotated daily.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Eric K
Reviewed 26 January 2014

The front desk clerk Anisha was so incredibly attentive and helpful. She even called up a few minutes after we went to our room to see how we were settling in and if we had any questions or needed anything. I've stayed in much more upscale hotels in my life but the service at this location really sets it apart. It's also so close to Downtown DC that it's the perfect place to sleep in at night while you explore the city all day! I also want to highlight another very sweet front desk clerk, Dantise Brown, who was just a gem.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank mma91491
Reviewed 19 January 2014

visit the hotel in June for my birthday and the service was excellent all now take my parents on vacation to who knew the place and the atmosphere decoration service is excellent. Upon check DBrown very attentive and I attended Raj go with a service like always unique.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family