“Small clean rooms, helpful front desk staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn Downtown DC / Convention Center

Comfort Inn Downtown DC / Convention Center
Ranked #67 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
“Small clean rooms, helpful front desk staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Staying at the Comfort Inn for a training conference in May 2014. Needed to print up some documents for the following day and used the business center computers - only to experience problems! Anisha was kind enough to help me out, offering to print it up for me, but had the same problem! But she didn't stop with "I'm so sorry..." but went above and beyond and solved my problem!

Building is small, rooms are too, but its updated and clean and has a bit of character. Full breakfast downstairs in a nice comfortable room is a perk. Workout room has two treadmills, a bike and elliptical, but a few of the machine TV's are on the fritz. No hotel restaurant or room service.

Overall, enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
gmdc601, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown DC / Convention Center, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Stacy B, Thank you for sharing your comments with us. Anisha and our entire team take great pride in our guest satisfaction and she will be very excited to see her name mentioned. Thank you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Indonesian first
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

What stands out about this hotel is it's great customer service! Very friendly and helpful staff! The room was clean and neat. Breakfast (which was included) was delicious! On-site laundry came in handy. Location's also quite central! Enjoyed our stay!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jan-Steyn P
gmdc601, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown DC / Convention Center, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with the TripAdvisor readers regarding your recent visit to our property. I appreciate your comments and feedback and I will share it with our team. I appreciate your accolades in reference to our staff. I am very blessed to work with such a great team. Our goal is to continually improve our product and services for our valued guests. Again, thank you and we look forward to your next visit. Have a great week.

David Brooks
Long Beach, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

My daughter and I just stayed here for three nights in town for the Nike Women's Half Marathon,. The location was great. We had booked a two double bedded room, but when we arrived we were told that they were oversold, and offered us a credit if we would take a king room.. No Problem.. totally worth the CREDIT! Rooms were very small but expected for a city hotel....but very clean and well appointed. Breakfast was really good,...more than I actually expected. The customer service was really exceptional...everyone was so pleasant and really tried so hard to help..even at breakfast...everything was replaced so quickly and always with a smile...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank jled
Jled - Thank you for sharing your comments with us. I apologize for the reservation/room issue but we are glad you enjoyed your stay and the race, I have a few friends that participated and they had a great time.

Are you running the Marine Corps or Rock n Roll Marathon? We hope you will choose to stay with us when you return.

Have a great week

David Brooks
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

customer service was the best from check in to check out. all I can remember is Alexus smile and welcoming tone. she always ask if I needed anything and was I okay. also said hi and bye in and out of the door. breakfast was really nice. this comfort inn was beyond clean. I will come every time to see that smile. Alexus was outstanding she make you want to pay a million bucks just to make you feel like your at home.

Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

So let me start by saying that we had 5 people in our room, and someone slept on blankets on the floor. The cleaning staff made the bed on the floor!!!! That's how awesome these people are! I was at an event, and they let me hold my luggage in their storage while I was gone AFTER I had checked out! They were courteous, friendly, and accommodating. Best hotel experience I've had in a LONG time!!!

1 Thank Jei M
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

We were at a convention in DC and chose to stay at the Comfort Inn Downtown DC mainly to save money. The room was small, but clean and comfortable. The staff was absolutely fantastic and treated us like royalty! We've stayed in a lot of hotels because we travel a lot, and the staff at this hotel was the best we've ever experienced by far! Many thanks goes out to Nesey, Raj, and Nelly for making us feel so welcome. We will definitely be staying at the Comfort Inn Downtown DC again!

1 Thank D S
Cartersville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

We recently stayed at this Comfort Inn for a weekend stay in DC. We've stayed in many hotels over the years, but rarely have we seen such high-end guest service, even in much more expensive hotels. All of the hotel staff was incredibly nice, smiled a lot, and were very responsive. There were a couple of hitches with how the reservation was made initially, but that was quickly and happily fixed to our complete satisfaction. There was another minor glitch where several people from our event were marked as checking out a day earlier than we had planned, but the hotel called us before any problems happened and made everything right. I know that mistakes happen, so when those things occur I always look at how they are handled and what happens afterwards. They treated us very fairly, and did so quickly! The personal touches were great, even after we checked out. I want to give special kudos to Nessy at the front desk, who was always pleasant and quick to jump on helping us out, as well as Raj, the general manager, who made some very special, personal touches that weren't necessary and came out of a genuine desire to be nice. These very small things made the experience go from 4 to 5 stars, even with the couple of minor hiccups. The next time we're in DC, we will ABSOLUTELY stay at this location!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family