“Comfort Inn Downtown DC/Convention Center”

Comfort Inn Downtown DC / Convention Center
Ranked #72 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The hotel had excellent service, led by Raj at the front desk. He answered every question and solved every problem. At the moment I checked in, there was a problem with the elevators. Raj immediately found a first floor room and seemed genuinely concerned that I would like the room. The problem with the elevator was quickly fixed, but I was glad to have been given a convenient room right away. It was a small room but clean and entirely satisfactory. Breakfast offered good variety including several sources of protein and fresh fruit. After I had checked in, I sat in the lobby briefly enjoying the free coffee and cookies. I saw several other guests ask Raj for individual help, and he gave everyone the same high level of effective attention. This hotel has hired excellent help.

Room Tip: Rooms are a bit small but not unreasonably so. Ask to see the room before you agree to take it. In...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TalaPetrov
gmdc601, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown DC / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Tala
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and Raj will be very happy to that you recognized his excellent customer service.

We are currently installing new elevators and hope you will stay with us again upon a return to the DC area.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

The room was rather small but had everything we needed, with new amenities. If we wanted a larger room we would have paid a lot more. Large breakfast area with meats & eggs...good enough. Excellent bed. I was new to the Metro, being from So.Ca where we don't have them, I had a lot of anxiety. Dantise, the front desk clerk, was so very helpful. She taught me the metro in 3 minutes and we were off. BTW - the closest Metro is .66 miles away, and it's uphill (not steep) coming back to the hotel. Dantise had great ideas, like a 4 hour night tour what was excellent. Dantise had the personality that all hotel clerks should have. She made our stay so nice. One elevator was broken so that made the stairs necessary to use.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kathy D
gmdc601, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown DC / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Kathy D
Thank you for sharing your comments with us, Dantise is truly a great team member and will be thrilled to know you appreciated her services. We hope to see you again very soon and I assure you our elevator renovation project will be done shortly.

Have a great day !!!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

This hotel is no great shakes, but it was a good price and located where I needed it to be. The staff was very nice and quite helpful. Breakfast was pretty at or below average, but it was free. Knowing how expensive most things are in DC, I might stay there again if I needed that location, but it wouldn't be my first choice.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank sherekhan_11
gmdc601, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown DC / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you for sharing both positive and negative comments, we hope to see you again very soon. Contact me directly so I can handle your reservations.

202.682.5300 ext. 732

Reviewed 27 May 2014

For the lower price seemed fair. The breakfast was nice, the room small and the people polite, almost all of them. The ice machine broken, the front desk person did not provide the regular nice greeting, formal recommendations or advice for tourist, like city maps etc until we ask for it... She wasn't there to help you but to check you in and keep texting on the phone.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Milton A
gmdc601, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown DC / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Milton A.
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast but I must apologize for the subpar service you received from our front desk staff. I hope you will stay with us again upon returning to the Greater DC so we may provide you with Exceptional Service throughout.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

we had a great stay here, the rooms were clean, tastefully decorated. breakfast was good with hot and cold variety. the breakfast lady made me some scrambled egg when i could not eat the other hot stuff. The assistant manager Raj was a great person, who helped me locate my missing parcels that had been misplaced, he was also very flexible and since our flight was late we got a late check out.

Room Tip: we had a higher floor and it worked out perfect.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank hawa n

Hawa - We hope you arrived back home safe and sound, Raj and our team take great pride in customer service and he will be very excited that you mentioned his name.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

If you are just in town for a short trip, and want an economical room then this hotel is for you. Nothing fancy, but very clean. The staff was friendly, but slow due to the fact that there is only one employee working at a time. Breakfast was convenient but they ran out of coffee, and there were no employees available to refill the coffee station. The location is not very convenient either...you have at least a mile walk to the tourists attractions and/or restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel on TripAdvisor. I’m saddened to hear your stay was just okay as our team takes great pride in superior customer service, I’m sorry that our front desk staff failed to inform you of all the great restaurant / lounges, metro stations, White House and other attractions which are all a maximum 15-20 minute walk from the hotel. I welcome you to contact me at david.brooks@baywoodhotels.com to further discuss your stay.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Stayed one night w/ husband and 2 kids for an event at the Convention center. PROS- convenient location to the Convention Center (about a 6 minute walk); well stocked hot breakfast with a variety of options; clean hotel/room CONS- rooms are small, not a lot of space for a family; double beds are too small for 2 adults; elevators are small, only allowing 5 people at a time; 1 of the 2 elevators was broken causing long waits, which seems to be a recurring issue; rooms are over-priced, but maybe par for the course for this area of DC. This hotel is average, but was good enough for our short stay. I wouldn't book it for a vacation or longer length of stay.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kel W
gmdc601, General Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown DC / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will stay with us again once our elevator renovation is complete (Summer 2014)

Thank you.