“stay there every week. great service and friendly people”

Motel 6 Washington DC
Ranked #136 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Maple Shade, New Jersey
“stay there every week. great service and friendly people”
Reviewed 17 July 2011

really nice people room is always clean in a great location.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank tneville
MOTEL64063, General Manager at Motel 6 Washington DC, responded to this review, 1 August 2011
Dear Maple Shade
We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Your positive feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our service. The Comments and feed backs we receive from our customer helps for the improvement of our service.
Thank you again for sharing your experience and your review.
General Manager,
Negassa Rebu, CHA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 12 July 2011

The manager and the front desk people were very helpful. When ever we needed something, they did everything in the their power to help us. I enjoyed my trip because of them, especially from the help of the manager who made sure the trip for us was great. He showed kindness and was very courteous, to us and the other costumers.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Haliu
MOTEL64063, General Manager at Motel 6 Washington DC, responded to this review, 13 July 2011
Dear Mr. Hillu,
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Motel 6 Washington DC. We are glad that you’ve enjoyed your stay; we changed all our mattresses to new once in the last month to make our rooms more comfortable and all our rooms are renovated recently. We look forward to another opportunity to serve your future accommodation needs.

Negassa Rebu, CHA
e-mail: motel6dc4063gm@baywoodhotels.com
Tel: 202-722-1600 Ext. 100
Baldwinsville, New York
Reviewed 13 May 2011

My husband booked this hotel without researching it. When I researched it I saw the number of bad reviews and was convinced that while visiting DC we were going to have to sleep in our car or pay 3 times this hotel room for something more suitable. When we arrived the staff were friendly and eager to help us. The halls and elevator were clean, as was the room. I was expecting bed bugs or dirty sheets so upon entering the room I pulled off the headboard and sheets to check everything. It was 100% bug free.
We were given new towels daily and even when asking for minimal service they still came in and made the bed as well each day. They were always friendly. The only issue we had was the curtain didn't close well- a lot of light still came in at night, which we are not used to, and the TV had poor reception, hard to see it (really dark) and only a few channels. But we were able to connect to the internet despite being at the opposite end from the front desk, and on the 3rd floor. Also the bed was really "bouncy" and smaller then I thought, but we made due.
When our trip was cut short I explained the situation to them and they gave me a refund of the extra night, even though we left at 4pm and I hadn't asked for it. They processed it while we were packing our things. They were very kind about it asking if there was anything they could do and offering me help getting to where I had to go.
I would stay here again. The reality is that it is a motel 6, your not going to get spa treatments and room service, but if you are looking for a place to lay your head at night, then this is perfect.

Room Tip: Rooms to the back side are most likely quieter.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank starletwild
MOTEL64063, General Manager at Motel 6 Washington DC, responded to this review, 5 July 2011
Dear Mrs. Baldwinsville,
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Motel 6 Washington DC. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback which is shared with our staff to reinforce best practices, as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our service. We look forward to another opportunity to serve your future accommodation needs.

Tel 202-722-1600 Ext. 100
Reviewed 6 January 2011

You get what you pay for! I stayed here because I had a discounted rate, the hotel was noisy, people had their t.v. up loud and talking past 1 a.m, you could here the noise from outside as if the Windows were up. I just decided to move out to a more expensive hotel so that I could get some rest. I moved to DC from out of town and all the Motel 6 I have stayed at were great this was the worst.

• Stayed January 2011
4 Thank turner3462
We appreciate the feedback about your stay at the Motel 6 Washington DC. I’m so sorry to hear that your stay was not comfortable because of the surrounding noise and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Your feedback has been shared with our team and the necessary steps have been taken to prevent recurrence. I hope to have another opportunity to serve your future accommodation needs so please contact me directly to arrange your future reservation and I will gladly assign you a room on the side of the building away from the busy street.

Travellers are raving about these Washington DC hotels

Mount Vernon, New York
Reviewed 2 December 2010

My Sons and I went chose to stay at this hotel becaue it was convenient, and it is near downtown DC.

We stayed from Wednesday 11/24 to Sunday 11/28. I literally had to move from my room 3 times.
First time, the door would not open fully, and the sockets in the the room were unsafe to use. After waiting a long lenght of time I was given a (2nd) another room.
The second time I saw a mice while laying in the bed (the sheets had holes in them, bathroom was not cleaned or mopped.

I spent over $600 for the two rooms, and never got any complementary or credit from the staff who did not speak any english. I ws told to call the manager at 9am so that I can can be compensated a little for the suffering that I had to endure. Since I've been back home I have attempted to speak to the manager and have called 4 times at 9am to be told that he is unavailable or try back again the next day @9am.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
6 Thank lesliesongstress59
Dear,
Thank you for your feedback and comments about your stay. I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay because of various issues. Our Management team considers seriously our customers’ feedback and all the issues you raised have been addressed and all corrective measures have been taken to prevent similar problems. We also shared the pest problem you mentioned with our pest control service company and effective measure has been taken.
Thank you again for sharing your experience and your review.
motel6dcgm4063gm@baywoodhotels.com
San Diego, California
Reviewed 19 November 2010

We were there for a night. (Thank god). We did not deal with bedbugs, but I did smell a mouse and I found mice poop on the top of the desk in our room. I can hear the noise of a mice in the middle of the night inside our room (I did not sleep all night) Rooms were dirty did not look clean.
My husband and I checked in another hotel which was much better and with a better location.
Horrible Experience ever.It smells, the rooms are tiny, filthy and dark.
Don't stay there.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ESL069
Dear ESL,
I am sorry to hear that your stay was unsatisfactory because of the mice. At our property we do have routine pest control service and regular room inspection. We apologize for this separate incident and would like to inform you that effective measure has been taken to prevent similar incident. Thanks so much for taking time to share your comments.
Reviewed 13 November 2010

There was nothing positive about this hotel. It smells the rooms are tiny and filthy, the staff is rude, the beds are rock hard, the sheets are stained, the blankets are burned, the housekeeper threw away some of my things, there arent enough towels, the window doesnt shut all the way so its cold and you can hear everything outside, the heater doesnt work, it rattles and blows out cold air, and on top of all that, they say you get free hbo and make it sound like you get all these channels, but realistically theres about five channels that come in and theyre not even clear. I will never stay at another motel 6 again

• Stayed November 2010
3 Thank Mteeter42891
Dear Mteeter,
I am sorry to hear that your stay was not satisfactory. . Our management value all the comments and feedbacks we received from our valued customers. All the issues you raised are addressed by our management team as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. The TV Channels and internet services were upgraded recently. The hotel is on the process of total renovation. Thanks so much for taking time to share your comments.
Tel 202-722-1600 Ext. 100