“Good Hotel, watchout for parking fee”
Review of Washington Hilton

Washington Hilton
Ranked #100 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Washington, DC, United States
“Good Hotel, watchout for parking fee”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

The Hotel itself was good. Breakfast was pricey for what we wanted, lunch was good and Dinner / Evening snack was excellent. Excellent Bar. A fee is charged for parking at this hotel. I was disappointed in this as we were there for a Conference at the hotel itself. I have stayed at other Hotels in DC and did not have to pay for parking when the Conference was at the hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Jeffrey H
Steve_Cowan_GM, General Manager at Washington Hilton, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Thanks for your review Jeffrey. It's nice to read you enjoyed our hotel. Our guests can choose a street parking option if they wish, but we provide a covered garage for your convenience. Glad you enjoyed the conference and we look forward to having you back!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (644)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Stayed her for five nights for a conference. Comfortable room on the club floor, nice view of the city. Efficient, quick check in, pleasant staff all around. Beds are very firm.
Within walking distance of a very large variety of dining options in DuPont Circle and Adams Morgan neighborhoods.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your review. It's great to read you enjoyed so many aspects of our hotel! We look forward to your return on your next trip to DC!
Bayport, New York
Reviewed 18 December 2013

My wife and I attended an event there in December and we stayed for two nights. I had thought about only staying the night of the event due to some less than stellar reviews on TA. I'm glad I stayed! First of all, the food at the event was as good as any I've ever had at these large events. I did not eat at the hotel restaurants but if they have the same chef I'd say the food was above average. The rooms were decently sized. The bed was amazing. I mean I don't get what all the complaining is about! I paid a AAA rate of under $200 with fees and tax - in DC! That's a great value in my book. The immediate area looked fun with numerous restauarant choices, including a Ruth's Chris if you wanted to treat yourself. Yes, they bang you for close to $50 for valet parking and I agree that that is absurd! But aside from that, I would say my stay exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Steve_Cowan_GM, General Manager at Washington Hilton, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Thanks for reviewing the Washington Hilton. It's clear you experienced what our hotel prides itself on: great food, comfortable rooms, and a great value. We look forward to having you back on your next trip to DC.
Reviewed 17 December 2013

This hotel offers a great location and lots of service. There are tons of restaurants near by, and it's a short walk to the subway or a med walk to all the sights of DC. This is all I have to say so why must I type 200 characters minimum

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thanks for your review of the Washington Hilton. It's so nice to read how much you enjoyed our convenient location. We look forward to having you back on your next trip to DC.
NW D.C.
Reviewed 17 December 2013

My, my, talk about accommodations...
We are here for a six day conference and all the restrooms on the main level, the Columbia level and the Concourse levels - all have FREEZING cold water in these restrooms.
On the 3rd day of suffering through multiple trips to the restroom and that cold water, even though others had already complained about it - I went to the front desk and concierge to let them know about the water and they said they'd check on it.
Well, on the 4th day, same thing. I go back to the front desk and they said they'd contact engineering, even went as far as lifting the phone (but I don't know if they actually talked to anyone).
So, days 5 and 6, still no hot/warm water - so, I'm letting folks know out there. If you are paying money to stay here or to attend a conference (especially what you shell out for hotel, conference, food and parking rates) - watch out for lacking customer service responses and amenities - they are 'not' all stellar...

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank gudguy1
Thank you for your feedback regarding our water heaters. We’re sorry we didn’t provide you with the quality of services and amenities you deserve. We know how important hot water is and your comments will help us to improve the situation and prevent issues like this from happening in the future. We hope you’ll give us another chance and stay at our location again soon.
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Server Gladys made our stay so memorable, she was really kind and helpful that we felt welcome and very happy in there. The Buffet was great and the beds very comfortable. We would love to go back.
Just one thing... we could not find food options at our very late arrival not even in the vending machine...

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Steve_Cowan_GM, General Manager at Washington Hilton, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Thank you for your review Adriana! It's so nice for me to read that you would love to come back because we'd love to have you. We look forward to having you back as our guest on your next trip!
Out West
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Attending a business meeting in the area, I was surprised to see that my travel department had elected to book a regular room at $300 per night. And even at that rate, neither breakfast ($22) nor Internet access ($13) was included.

The hotel is laid out as an undulating "S" and the walk from elevator to room took several minutes.
Located about 4 long blocks north of the DuPont circle Metro station, I am a bit surprised that the hotel does not have a continual shuttle.

Check in was prompt and courteous. The room features a quiet, comfortable heat pump system that keeps the room at the set temperature without the usual rattles and blasts. Nicely done.

There is only one restaurant open on the property at a time - the TDL for breakfast and lunch and McCallans' for dinner - though I was surprised to see a Closed for Renovation sign on the door - with no identification of alternate dining possibilities.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Steve_Cowan_GM, General Manager at Washington Hilton, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Thanks for reviewing the Washington Hilton. I'm happy to read your check in was seamless and that you enjoyed a clean and comfortable room. We look forward to you returning to stay with us on your next visit to DC!